Latest News
  • *** Don't forget about this months friday 28th, drinks with vpi78 @ The Rock House on friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months friday 28th, drinks with vpi78 @ The Rock House on friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months friday 28th, drinks with vpi78 @ The Rock House on friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months friday 28th, drinks with vpi78 @ The Rock House on friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months friday 28th, drinks with vpi78 @ The Rock House on friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months friday 28th, drinks with vpi78 @ The Rock House on friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...!

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
mulphy

Retirement Visa .

my visa expires January 15th .

how early can I get a extension .

Guest Carp Trader

30 days before,,,, simple 800k in bank or £1350 a month pension....

30 days before,,,, simple 800k in bank or £1350 a month pension....

cheers .

If you get the extension 30 days early, do you lose those 30 days on your current visa? Is the new visa in effect the day you get it? Seems I lose those days I renew 'early'.

Guest Carp Trader

If you get the extension 30 days early, do you lose those 30 days on your current visa? Is the new visa in effect the day you get it? Seems I lose those days I renew 'early'.

A retirement visa gives you 12 months, you just have to report every 90 days, after reporting the clock is reset to 90 so of you reported early you need to keep reporting early, but it won't affect your visa length ..

Guest fulhamster

No, if you renew early the visa is still valid for 12 months from the original expiry date. so you lose nothing. I've just renewed mine 2 weeks early.

Regardless of when you renew, the 90 day reporting stays the same.

No, if you renew early the visa is still valid for 12 months from the original expiry date. so you lose nothing. I've just renewed mine 2 weeks early.

Regardless of when you renew, the 90 day reporting stays the same.

ive never done a 90 days report .

cheers .

I wonder how they come to those sort of numbers guys.

Either 15500 UK pounds or a decent pension income of 1350 per month which would need a pot of over 300 grand in the first place.

Guess there is logic somewhere in their figures.

Stick 15500 in the bank and live on my 100 grand savings generating 400 quid a month.

Any ideas ?

the requirement is in thai bht not UK pounds so it is 800,000 bht in the bank for the required period or 65000 bht pension a month . how they decide these figures is anyone's guess but it has been like that for a while. this is for a retirement extension. I just add that if you have a visa extension because of retirement work is not permitted

Guest Carp Trader

I wonder how they come to those sort of numbers guys.

Either 15500 UK pounds or a decent pension income of 1350 per month which would need a pot of over 300 grand in the first place.

Guess there is logic somewhere in their figures.

Stick 15500 in the bank and live on my 100 grand savings generating 400 quid a month.

Any ideas ?

No idea how they arrive at these figures, reports on the net say the average Thai income is 13500 I guess they want a minimum level of income for farnags,

Retirement Visa, in and out in about 30 minutes. Got real lucky, got number and only 2 in front of me. Several special cases got taken care of while I waited for the number to change to mine, but only ten minutes or so for them. Next door took my picture ofr 50 baht, and 25 more for 5 pages they copied out of the passport. Turns out they didn't copy the original 'O' visa from 2012 and I had to go back and get it copied. Was asked for 'proof' of my address which wasn't clear enough on the copy of the rental lease. Not a problem, they accepted an electric bill for the condo. Given a red tag with a number on it and told to return tomarow after 2 O'Clock.

Think I'll get up that area noonish and have a nice lunch in one of those beach road places. Stop in a bar and have a cheap cold beer after I pick up the new retirement extension in my passport.

No money in the bank? No problem 13,500bt all in for your retirement visa.

pattayadarts@gmail.com

illegal .

Is it really tho?

Borrowing 800k for a day is the way I look at it lol

of course its illegal .

law says you need show the amount of money to cover your visa for at least 3 months prior to applying for the visa .

that means any visa got that way is both illegal and not valid .

Is it really tho?

Borrowing 800k for a day is the way I look at it lol

In a way I agree, most of my money is offshore earning good interest rates so paying 13500 baht (very good deal by the way if you can get it) is convenient. Haven't done it before but would never say never. Not like I don't have the money, just a pain to keep transferring a wedge over every year just to keep immigration happy. I spend more than the required amount needed for a visa every year but unfortunately that doesn't matter.

I am on a marriage visa the legal way,but someone gave me a phone no for the illegal way for 12000 and that includes the price of the visa. On the subject of 90 day reporting I believe now you don't need to fill in the form but just show your passport and no copies of passport or address is needed. Can anyone confirm

I am on a marriage visa the legal way,but someone gave me a phone no for the illegal way for 12000 and that includes the price of the visa. On the subject of 90 day reporting I believe now you don't need to fill in the form but just show your passport and no copies of passport or address is needed. Can anyone confirm

Yes mate that's correct, just take your passport with the last reporting slip and they check it, scan it and print a new one for you. You can also do it yourself online, Mulphy started a thread about it.

Cheers

Guest fulhamster

All applications now have to go through Bangkok as of February 1st. 2015.

For both marriage and retirement ??

Marriage visas have always gone via BKK but Jomtien have been able to use "discretion" for retirement and issue them same day.

For both marriage and retirement ??

Marriage visas have always gone via BKK but Jomtien have been able to use "discretion" for retirement and issue them same day.

I got my last 4 marriage visas from jomtien and I believe they send them off to Bangkok I pick it up a month later.

Guest fulhamster

I got my last 4 marriage visas from jomtien and I believe they send them off to Bangkok I pick it up a month later.

That's how it's been for ages -- a retirement visa is half the paperwork and issued immediately

That's how it's been for ages -- a retirement visa is half the paperwork and issued immediately

No way it's half the pages. Being married to a Thai they want more and more. They even want photos of us together in the house. They want them every time we apply for marriage visa even though we've been married 14 years. So check for facts before replying.

Guest fulhamster

No way it's half the pages. Being married to a Thai they want more and more. They even want photos of us together in the house. They want them every time we apply for marriage visa even though we've been married 14 years. So check for facts before replying.

That's why I opted for the retirement visa rather than marriage.

After 8 years of supplying photos of us outside the house, inside the living room, kichen and bedroom (!!!) and having to draw a map to prove I knew where we live to get a marriage visa, for the last 6 years I only have to supply the basic paperwork (bank a/c and housebook) and I get the retirement visa same day.

So I do know my facts.