Latest News
  • FREE HOLIDAYS to Midnight and CBK --- Any more for any more..? *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 27th of July... it would be great to see you if your in town...!

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
pattayaman2001

Are UK Visa Applications Becoming More Difficult?

I did my visa recently through a well known, well established Pattaya company. We got talking about UK visa applications for Thais. He told me it was a nightmare, the amount of rejections that they are seeing. Even couples Married with children the Thai girls are being refused entry clearance.

Not good news is it.

What's your experience of this and are you in the process of trying to take your Lady back?

I've got a question for BM Mattewh. You stated your Lady failed the life in the UK test x amount of times. Did you ever think of doing the 4 Esol units at College, instead of the life in the UK test?

I think I may have suggested that route too. A year at college two evenings per week

I think I may have suggested that route too. A year at college two evenings per week

Ouy attended full time at Langside College in Glasgow. Got the 4 units very easily. There is no need to take the Life In The UK test.

Guest Mr Pastry

I dont think they are becoming any easier for sure. I am glad that we have gone past all of that. The college route or a crash course is definitely favourable. The Living in the UK Test is a joke, and many fail, a number of times. It was patched together by civil servants, who did not have much of a clue as to what they were doing and probably not tested before it went live. From what I understand, the amount earned or have in the bank of the spouse has also gone to a fixed level.

But hey, this not just for Thais, but all EU immigrants.

I dont think they are becoming any easier for sure. I am glad that we have gone past all of that. The college route or a crash course is definitely favourable. The Living in the UK Test is a joke, and many fail, a number of times. It was patched together by civil servants, who did not have much of a clue as to what they were doing and probably not tested before it went live. From what I understand, the amount earned or have in the bank of the spouse has also gone to a fixed level.

But hey, this not just for Thais, but all EU immigrants.

Not the same though Mr Pastry. In order to achieve ILR (UK residency) the Thai HAS to pass or face possible deportation when the FLR visa expires. The EU migrant has no such worries. They have the right to stay in the UK without passing life in the UK. The Thai doesn't.

Guest Mr Pastry

Not the same though Mr Pastry. In order to achieve ILR (UK residency) the Thai HAS to pass or face possible deportation when the FLR visa expires. The EU migrant has no such worries. They have the right to stay in the UK without passing life in the UK. The Thai doesn't.

Yep, what I meant was that it is not just Thais, but all non EU immigrants. Of course it is different for EU member states. They can be deported, but are usually given extra time to obtain the qualification or test pass.

I dont k now what it is like these days from the Thailand end of things when getting the first 6 month visa for a Thai to enter the UK. I remember that I had to take bags of paperwork including utility bills, bank statements, evidence of citizenship and UK birth, photographs of us as a couple in Thailand plus a very well constructed covering letter. We found that the most stressful twoing fro from BKK. Then we had to go back and do it all again, after 6 months and married to get a 2yrs visa.

I found it much easier to deal with the UK Home office for the Indefinite Leave to stay, British Citizenship and finally UK passport I all started to get easier then Not cheap either, when you add up all the costs.

Edited by Mr Pastry

Yep, what I meant was that it is not just Thais, but all non EU immigrants. Of course it is different for EU member states. They can be deported, but are usually given extra time to obtain the qualification or test pass.

I dont k now what it is like these days from the Thailand end of things when getting the first 6 month visa for a Thai to enter the UK. I remember that I had to take bags of paperwork including utility bills, bank statements, evidence of citizenship and UK birth, photographs of us as a couple in Thailand plus a very well constructed covering letter. We found that the most stressful twoing fro from BKK. Then we had to go back and do it all again, after 6 months and married to get a 2yrs visa.

I found it much easier to deal with the UK Home office for the Indefinite Leave to stay, British Citizenship and finally UK passport I all started to get easier then Not cheap either, when you add up all the costs.

That's right. We did the one day fast tracks at nearly a grand UK a time. Not cheap and now even more difficult at this end.

I've got a question for BM Mattewh. You stated your Lady failed the life in the UK test x amount of times. Did you ever think of doing the 4 Esol units at College, instead of the life in the UK test?

after numerous times we did enrol at a college and pukky went for 2 weeks.she passed and we sent everything off.a week later we was told that the certificate was ok,but the school wasnt on the approved list.thankfully they granted pukky discretionary leave to remain.we are in our 2nd 3 year term afterwhich we can apply for ILR outside the rules.happy christmas richard

after numerous times we did enrol at a college and pukky went for 2 weeks.she passed and we sent everything off.a week later we was told that the certificate was ok,but the school wasnt on the approved list.thankfully they granted pukky discretionary leave to remain.we are in our 2nd 3 year term afterwhich we can apply for ILR outside the rules.happy christmas richard

Why would you enroll if the College wasn't on the Governments list? Is it a Muslim or EU scam. Do your Homework mate. You are not wanted in your own Country.

3 successful visa's in the last few years without any drama's...2 visitor and one family....however getting a UK passport for our luk krung who was born in Thailand in July is a nightmare....partly due to me as i needed to submit additional information...son's passport application submitted on 14th August...Liverpool passport office received additional information on 21st October....took 12 days to get from Bangkok to Liverpool......i am still waiting....my wife's 6 month family visa( from 1st December) is running out of time...now i am looking to submit family visa for our son...

Cheers..

My wife's had 3 x 6 month tourist visa's and 3 x 2 year visa's and luckily I never had a problem getting any (no company, I always do it myself) but this time I'm looking to change her current 2 years Family visit multiple to leave to remain as I need to stay in the UK for a while so I know there are some hurdles coming up.

We've got an great immigration lawyer helping so fingers crossed.

:)

My wife's had 3 x 6 month tourist visa's and 3 x 2 year visa's and luckily I never had a problem getting any (no company, I always do it myself) but this time I'm looking to change her current 2 years Family visit multiple to leave to remain as I need to stay in the UK for a while so I know there are some hurdles coming up.

We've got an great immigration lawyer helping so fingers crossed.

Good luck with your application.

If you have always done the applications yourself why do you now need an immigration lawyer?

Good luck with your application.

If you have always done the applications yourself why do you now need an immigration lawyer?

I've always applied in Thailand so now as we're in the UK I don't really know the visa's for staying here, also it states on the visa that she has now that it cannot be changed so a new application I think would need to be made in Thailand.

Lastly we want it done quickly as if she stays in the UK for 6 months and returns to Thailand on the visa she is on she cannot re-enter again for 6 months which isn't no good as I need her here to help out so I can work.

Thankfully my Dad's Saudi client uses a top legit immigration lawyer and he's given the nod for us to use him and he'll cover it so happy days.

Why would you enroll if the College wasn't on the Governments list? Is it a Muslim or EU scam. Do your Homework mate. You are not wanted in your own Country.

the goalposts always move,we didnt even know there was an approved list.it was a new thing when we did it,we was assured it was all good.

I've always applied in Thailand so now as we're in the UK I don't really know the visa's for staying here, also it states on the visa that she has now that it cannot be changed so a new application I think would need to be made in Thailand.

Lastly we want it done quickly as if she stays in the UK for 6 months and returns to Thailand on the visa she is on she cannot re-enter again for 6 months which isn't no good as I need her here to help out so I can work.

Thankfully my Dad's Saudi client uses a top legit immigration lawyer and he's given the nod for us to use him and he'll cover it so happy days.

Do it yourself mate. The one thing they don't like is these immigration Lawyers.

Visas for staying in the UK are AFAIK Further leave to remain (2 years) then Indefinite Leave to remain (Residency) after the life in the UK test is passed or She achieves 4 ESOL units at a registered college.

I believe however if She is on a tourist visa she needs to return to Thailand and apply for a settlement visa before this process begins.

We done it our-self every step of the way.

Family visit visa can't be switched to another one, as you pointed out. Good luck, hope it goes OK for you and your Family Dave.

https://www.gov.UK/family-visit-visa/overview

the goalposts always move,we didnt even know there was an approved list.it was a new thing when we did it,we was assured it was all good.

How new was it? My Wife sat the ESOL units in 2008. It was a new thing then, not now.

How new was it? My Wife sat the ESOL units in 2008. It was a new thing then, not now.

the approved list was new,also now i think you have to do both for ilr now.

the approved list was new,also now i think you have to do both for ilr now.

It's an accredited College that's needed. This has always been the case Mattewh. We had to search to find one also. Most were full up with Eastern Europeans studying but She got a place in Glasgow. Just call them up and talk to them. They will let you know.

Here's the list.

http://www.asic.org.UK/collegedirectoryUK.php#ESOL

this is a great thread that hopefully will help others through the minefield

Yes mate, hopefully. Why I started it because I feel it's very unfair that genuine couples have to be treated like this and jump through hoops. While it's plain sailing for EU migrants living in the UK to take anybody in they want.

We done it ourselves, way back then. I don't know what's changed but I remember every step of the way. We need to put out as much information as possible.

Yes mate, hopefully. Why I started it because I feel it's very unfair that genuine couples have to be treated like this and jump through hoops. While it's plain sailing for EU migrants living in the UK to take anybody in they want.

We done it ourselves, way back then. I don't know what's changed but I remember every step of the way. We need to put out as much information as possible.

ive learnt a few facts here from you.thanks for that.i know of 2 couples who are having problems.one couple have been waiting for 2 years and the ukba are keeping their passports.they have to go to court in january.bringing an overseas partner to the UK is hard.continuing that in the UK after the first 2 years is harder.more so now

ive learnt a few facts here from you.thanks for that.i know of 2 couples who are having problems.one couple have been waiting for 2 years and the ukba are keeping their passports.they have to go to court in january.bringing an overseas partner to the UK is hard.continuing that in the UK after the first 2 years is harder.more so now

Sadly, this is true. What gets on my wick is this..

https://www.gov.UK/family-permit

Not available to UK Citizens. Only EU citizens living in the UK. And what it doesn't tell you is after the 6 Month permit runs out they can claim all benefits and apply for residence.

just seen this.we applied under flro."futher leave to remain other".we applied on the basis of article 8"a right to a family life".it was all done in 6 weeks by ourselves.the covering letter means everything as well as the supporting documents

The new English Test ( Key English Test ) is harder than the Bulats Test that many Thai girls took so this will make it harder for some spouse visa applications( unless you can get them to do the trinity test over here)...understand what Matthew says about goalposts keep moving....

Cheers..