Latest News
  • *** Don't forget about this months friday 28th, drinks with vpi78 @ The Rock House on friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months friday 28th, drinks with vpi78 @ The Rock House on friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months friday 28th, drinks with vpi78 @ The Rock House on friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months friday 28th, drinks with vpi78 @ The Rock House on friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months friday 28th, drinks with vpi78 @ The Rock House on friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months friday 28th, drinks with vpi78 @ The Rock House on friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...!

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
The Tongue

A Short Trip To Seoul

I flew to Seoul today onboard Air Asia X. I flew in business class and I have to say it was very good. Just 12 seats, very modern seating that will lay almost flat. You are given a duvet style blanket and large pillow. Now this is a budget airline but the small meal was enough for me. Just a couple of pics now but I will be doing a DMZ tour tomorrow that includes the blue conference room which actually straddles the border with N Korea. Big bunch of photos tomorrow.

Only 4 of us in business, American girl with Korean partner and baby plus Scots lad in Celtic shirt. The baby was about 9 months old and screamed a bit but I was ok with it because that will be me and my baby on BA at Xmas 2015. Spoke with the Scots lad who had no coat and didn't pack for the weather, he was wearing shorts and sandals and was last seen heading to the shops sharpish.

72bd4a5f17b5bd5edde5268c83e47f5c.jpg19de064ceca9b98804c57e7fd6749a08.jpgec479e17462c3b81fe661743c21e5936.jpg

Just took a walk to the City Hall/Lotte Hotel area to feel the atmosphere. Really cold but busy.

d4fe9f580424fd0e8e79139d7ec9e6ae.jpgdad6a2c3e404cc0bc440558746ffb8cf.jpg

Stay tuned for the real trip report

it looks cold mate.... everyones wrapped up

Bloody freezing but I got a thick coat. Hope the Scots lad got to the shop before he froze to death, it was about 4 degrees when we landed dropping to -5 degrees tonight.

Seats look ok. Got you there safely that's the most important thing.

Enjoy the trip. It's a nice city to spend some time in. Communication can be a challenge.

The BBQ is worth the effort.

...Communication can be a challenge...etc.

Yes, their cell phone companies are locked down tight, their SIM cards don't even work in unlocked cell phones. You can rent phones at the airport, otherwise it's gonna be Skype over wifi while he's there.

Got back from the tour, great it was but I am first out and having a beer in Intaewon before I think of downloading photos from the tour. On tapatalk so will be 5 photos at a time. Just having a burger and beer in Dillingers.

31042b9bc8f1f28b2709eb6522286d47.jpg0b626a91074772b3d91ccb5a0b443576.jpg5e32a62c4043b092c025bc98c8c9ffde.jpg74369614b96b4eca1bd7f5552b37bea9.jpg

Nice burger, I am being a cheap charlie, it is half price burger day, still a fiver.

Tour photos later.

69655b6920463c375358084090a831b5.jpg

Hope you made an effort to be sociable with the two behind the beer....not too shabby.

Guys, never got to download pics last night, had a few beers and then an early sleep with an early morning flight. Now at airport on way to UK, got Tapatalk but only 5 pics at a time so will use PC when in UK.

I was there really. Just to prove it here is me at the Korean War Museum and with my S Korean mate at the DMZ, he's shy and one foot in S.Korea and another in N Korea. I snuk in but they wouldn't let me stay. Got some N Korean wine though.

More to come.

28a9b30980995887ad03b762f3c25954.jpg

780c3944f1fcf23b8f76e016e0fdedb0.jpg

Hope you made an effort to be sociable with the two behind the beer....not too shabby.

Taken unfortunately. Some lookers around though.

Taken unfortunately. Some lookers around though.

Aye, some smokin looking birds there. Enjoy your time in the UK. Looks a bit Baltic at the moment.

I just want to confirm that I wont be able to add photos for over a week as I haven't been near a PC and I am not interested in downloading via Tapatalk. I want to add many photos (doing a Firth) so will wait till that action can be made. Too be honest adding photos via an Android is a pain. Did have a great time and visiting the JSA area of the DMZ, the actual border with N.Korea was an amazing experience.

Did try a Noth Korean wine the other night, it was 17 percent and tasted more like sherry with the colour of dish water.

More much later.

Guest firth1974

I just want to confirm that I wont be able to add photos for over a week as I haven't been near a PC and I am not interested in downloading via Tapatalk. I want to add many photos (doing a Firth) so will wait till that action can be made. Too be honest adding photos via an Android is a pain. Did have a great time and visiting the JSA area of the DMZ, the actual border with N.Korea was an amazing experience. Did try a Noth Korean wine the other night, it was 17 percent and tasted more like sherry with the colour of dish water. More much later.

Looking forward to seeing them Dave. (love the phrase BTW).