Latest News
  • *** Don't forget about this months friday 28th, drinks with vpi78 @ The Rock House on friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months friday 28th, drinks with vpi78 @ The Rock House on friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months friday 28th, drinks with vpi78 @ The Rock House on friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months friday 28th, drinks with vpi78 @ The Rock House on friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months friday 28th, drinks with vpi78 @ The Rock House on friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months friday 28th, drinks with vpi78 @ The Rock House on friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...!

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
matthewh

Do Thai Citizens Need A Visa To Holiday In Turkey

hi friends,

looking for a weeks holiday inbetween my Thailand trips in june and December.from what im reading thai citizens do not need a visa 2 enter turkey.the prices are good too.

hi friends,

looking for a weeks holiday inbetween my Thailand trips in june and December.from what im reading thai citizens do not need a visa 2 enter turkey.the prices are good too.

You will need an e visa though Matt.

From a UK government website https://www.gov.UK/foreign-travel-advice/turkey

British nationals need a visa to travel to Turkey (except for cruise ship passengers with ‘British Citizen’ passports entering the country for a day trip, remaining in the port of embarkation and returning to the ship the same day). If you’re visiting Turkey as a tourist or on business, you’ll need to get an e-Visa online before you travel. Only use the official e-Visa website. Avoid unauthorised websites as they may charge an additional fee.

If you don’t have an e-Visa you can still get a visa on arrival for £20 in cash, although the visa on arrival service is due to be phased out. Getting an e-Visa before you travel will avoid possible problems or delays at the Turkish border, or when boarding your flight in the UK. See Entry requirements

thanks mate ive looked and their evisa system is simple and takes 24 hours.no going to London etc,would go to mums in spain ,buts shes coming here and a change will be nice.it never crossed my mind that we could go hasslefree.made my day.

thanks mate ive looked and their evisa system is simple and takes 24 hours.no going to London etc,would go to mums in spain ,buts shes coming here and a change will be nice.it never crossed my mind that we could go hasslefree.made my day.

Yes I've thought about meeting the wife there for a holiday as Istanbul has always appealed to me.

Thailand: Ordinary passport holders are exempted from visa for their travels up to 30 days. Official passport holders are exempted from visa for their travels up to 90 days.

Pretty sure my mate had to get his Thai Mrs a visa a couple years ago but there you go straight from Turkey's immigration website.

that would be a great idea,brazil is on the list too,but its pricey

Peru is on the list for Thais to travel to visa free as well and I'd love to go there but as you say pricey.

looking at some great allinclusive deals for 7 nights.they will wish I hadn't booked whoever I book with.55

If you go to the Turkish government website and go through the motions of applying for an e visa for a Thai citizen it tells you that there is no need to get a visa for a visit of 30 days.

https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/

You are exempt from visa.You are exempt from visa for tourist visits of up to 90 days within 180 days starting from the first entry date.Requirements for visa exemption:

Valid for touristic purposes not exceeding 30 days per entry.

Visa for Brits, no visa for Thais.

that's how i ended up reading it..............odd though

Have you been before Matt?

Each to their own ,but I feckin hated Turkey the geezers are like rats dirty filthy rats.

Last went in 96 when it was getting popular Marmaris and Bodrum it's the only time iv ever been glad to get out of a gaff.I went on a lads holiday seriously id hate to go with a women they'll never leave her alone.

Weird I know a Turk here who I used to play football with he's sound enough but Turkey....

I have to agree, I spent some time in Istanbul and hated the place, filthy and full of beggars (a bit like Pattaya really).

roomark ,I haven't been but my parents enjoyed it when they went.will try it for a week in september