Latest News
  • *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on Friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on Friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on Friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on Friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on Friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on Friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...!

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
The Tongue

UK Introduces Health Surcharge For All Non Europeans

This was sent to me from the FCO and is from the Philippine Embassy but relates to 'all non European nationals' coming from overseas on a visa with intentions to stay in the UK for longer than 6 months. This may affect some members here.

The health surcharge will be £200 per year and £150 per year for students. It will be payable upon submission of their visa application online.

https://www.gov.UK/government/world-location-news/UK-introduces-health-surcharge

Maybe a misunderstanding here, seems to me it could affect some members whose wives are non Europeans and intending on going to the UK for longer than 6 months, I personally wouldn't refer to them as scumbags!

Guest Halfcut

Maybe a misunderstanding here, seems to me it could affect some members whose wives are non Europeans and intending on going to the UK for longer than 6 months, I personally wouldn't refer to them as scumbags!

I would agree, racism is very bad

this aint an easyone,as everyones situation is different.so you marry in thailand and are entiteled to work if you come to the UK.your partner has probably paid in since leaving school already.this isn't my situation but.?

it is racial discrimination.end of.the first court case wont be long coming,this aint fair.does the rest of the eu levy this ridiculous charge.?

A big misunderatanding Dave. I'm talking about these EU Bulgarians, Romany's etc that are in the UK for the benefit system. They should NOT get healthcare either.

It shouldn't affect anybody who's Married to a British national. They should be ENTITLED to it.

it is racial discrimination.end of.the first court case wont be long coming,this aint fair.does the rest of the eu levy this ridiculous charge.?

It's not fair Matt. But then again if you were from ANY EU Country apart from the UK and living in the UK you wouldn't even need to apply for a visa for your Wife. It's FREE AND EASY FOR ALL NON BRITISH CITIZENS LIVING IN THE UK TO TAKE IN WHOEVER THEY WANT FROM OUTSIDE THE EU.