Latest News
  • *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...!

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest firth1974

Lost In Translation Trip Report 2015

Guest firth1974

IMG_4224_zps4lj23sk3.jpg

IMG_4237_zpszieqloyt.jpg
IMG_4243_zpsrk3c7hn8.jpg
This is just a typical Q into a typical restaurant in this area. This place is very popular indeed.....................
IMG_4253_zpspgb9iien.jpg
IMG_4268_zps4tnhwvte.jpg
There is also a large, and when i say large i mean feckin' huge red light area here, mainly catering to the Jap crowd, but there are a few bars and clubs that allow Gaijin in to partake in the frolics................................... And they cater for all crowds in this area, if you like Potcha, you will like this club.........................
IMG_4291_zpsova3uscb.jpg
IMG_4292_zpsnzjt8vfj.jpg
This really is a money area, and not for the faint hearted............................
IMG_4307_zpsol0fuzuy.jpg
As i said, something for everybody in this area..........................
IMG_4300_zps3jvghxi2.jpg
Early night tonight (well, when i say early, i mean before 2am), as im off to the historic and old capital city of Japan, Kyoto.

I was in that area during an official business trip for a famous construction equipment manufacturer located there.

With 3 HKG chinese, 1 of them speaking fluently Japanese, and the boss, who "knows his way around" there..... Me only white guy

We went in a few places, lovely, rather private....girls are top notch.... wouldn't have liked to pick up the tab !

And being respectfull, I left first, so that they can go crazy their way, among them, without an embarrassing witness.

Was my first trip in Japan, I loved all of it, even the "pro" part.

Very, Very honorable people.

Guest firth1974

DAY 17........................ And the one that got away!!

Off to Kyoto today, so quite an early start, and on a train by 08.00. I've decided on just taking the Rapid Express train today, not just because it is cheaper, but the Shinkansen only takes 14 mins from Osaka to Kyoto, so what is the point in paying 3500 Yen, when the Rapid train takes only 28 mins at a cost of 520 Yen. Makes sense to me.
You arrive, into what i can only call the biggest and most futurisic station i have ever arrived into.
Kyoto Station (京都駅 Kyōto-eki?) is a major railway station and transportation hub in Kyoto, Japan. It has Japan's second-largest station building (after Nagoya Station) and is one of the country's largest buildings, incorporating a shopping mall, hotel, movie theater, Isetan department store, and several local government facilities under one 15-story roof.
You may noticed that it bare's a striking resemblence to the Umeda Sky Building in Osaka, and you would be correct, as it was designed by the same guy. This place is seriously impressive for a train station........................
IMG_4317_zpsqbzzbnlr.jpg
So, out the station i go, with my trusty map app on my phone, off to find the Higashiyama district in Kyoto. This is the old area of Kyoto, how most of Japan used to look and be like a couple of centuries ago.....................

On the way there i come across this charming little restaurant called Ask Me Cafe, run by a lone Japanese guy, who actually speaks really good english. The general jist is that he is there answer any questions you want answering. He also sells a very good fry up as well, and at a very good price, but the price escapes me right now.

https://www.facebook.com/kyotoinfocafe

After brekkie, its onwards and upwards as i head off to find this old area. I think i might be in the right area, i start to come across some Geisha running their daily errands. And these were proper Geisha as well, not just some Jap tourists dressed up in kimodo's

IMG_4340_zpspq9nyaxa.jpg

IMG_4353_zps2cw2zk3v.jpg

Luckily im here before the hordes of Japanese and Chinese tourists start to turn up, and mess up any chance i have of getting some decent photos.

IMG_4362_zpsioj2o0ay.jpg

This place is absolutely lovely, with all these small little alley ways, and tucked away lanes, its beautiful.

IMG_4391_zpsdwenvky2.jpg

IMG_4394_zps6i5kjzqk.jpg

Open wide...............................!!

IMG_4403_zpsfox9f3nv.jpg

IMG_4406_zpsocllawec.jpg

IMG_4421_zpsd4ij2alc.jpg

IMG_4429_zpsxezrdhc9.jpg

IMG_4433_zpslfcyckde.jpg

IMG_4440_zpsotmmjbcm.jpg

They were shooting a TV ad when i was there, and i believe the translation was " Who needs the Bamboo bar when we are here waiting for you" LOL

IMG_4448_zpsuzys2eys.jpg

IMG_4457_zpsovmtgjdr.jpg

IMG_4462_zpsiztylvnd.jpg

TBC..........................................

Obviously you have put in a lot of preparation work for this trip.

Circuit, places to visit, transportation to use, etc....

Hat off !

Chapeau Monsieur !

Guest firth1974

Obviously you have put in a lot of preparation work for this trip.

Circuit, places to visit, transportation to use, etc....

Hat off !

Chapeau Monsieur !

I did quite a bit, yeah.

From some great info from 2 BM's on other boards, that actually ive in Japan.

For the 1st time in 15 years, i also bought 2 travel guides off eBay for Korea and Japan. That really helped me out too!

Plus a great website for train travel in Japan, https://www.rome2rio.com/This site is great, with correct prices, and timings.

Edited by firth1974

Aaah, Kyoto, I really, really promise myself one day I will do Kyoto at Cherry Blossom Festival time ,which is around March I think?

Hi Chris,

What's the score with currency mate? Did you just take cash and change it there? Best place to change cash also?

Also I understand our cards only work in some ATM's, do you know which banks accept them and whether both CC and debit cards can be used to withdraw?

Stunning pics, excellent report!

Thanks for taking all the time to put it together.