Latest News
  • *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 31st of August... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 31st of August... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 31st of August... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 31st of August... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 31st of August... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 31st of August... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 31st of August... it would be great to see you if your in town...!

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Rob Jones

Phnom Pen - 15 June 2015

Good report RJ, must be about 15 years since I've been there, sounds like it's not changed much, which is refreshing.

Wouldn't suit me for living but still sounds good for a visa run.

It's actually easier to live in Cambodia than it is Thailand. There is no hassles with visas or working you have freedoms that foreigners do not have here.

It certainly has changed, especially PP.

There is a club there called 69 - the busiest on the strip and the girls are asking $100............

used to be $ 5 dollars bar fine and $30 long time , not too long ago mate in there .

I like your report Rob Jones; it is informative and well written. What are the rules concerning buying a condo in Cambo as compared to Thailand? I guess the purchaser has to set up a Cambodian company and purchase it through that?

I like your report Rob Jones; it is informative and well written. What are the rules concerning buying a condo in Cambo as compared to Thailand? I guess the purchaser has to set up a Cambodian company and purchase it through that?

I think you can just go out and buy one, you can in Thailand and according to my mate, Cambodia is far more friendly to the foreigner than LOS. Perhaps BM PM2K can answer that question as he lived there a while back......

And thanks for the kind words Cheetzie ;)

Good report, thanks.

Noticed the redness in some of your pictures. Seems like an issue with the HTC? My Mrs had the same with hers.

The rules on purchasing property I believe are similar to Thailand. A Foreigner can own a condo but not the ground floor units.

Anything else has to be in a Khmer's name or company.

However it's easy to 'buy' Cambodian citizenship if you make a donation of $35,000 to the right people you are awarded 'honorary Citizenship' and you can hold title deeds and land deeds 100% in your name.

It's far far easier to do most things in Cambodia. You can work at whatever you want to do. And there is no visa runs or 90 day reporting. Business visas are yearly and you don't even have to go to immigration. Your local travel agent sends them to PP to be renewed.

If you don't mind a very small P4P scene and like a cheap economy then Cambodia's OK. If it's girls and bars then it's Thailand.

Excellent report, looking frward to Siem Reap in a couple of months, you looked into a longer term Visa, thinking of staying longer?

Also, the pics of the girls look good, more beautiful than the Filipino's I would say, Peter Storm has a certain 'type', which is not to everyone's taste, your pics of the girls encourage me to visit.

Also, the pics of the girls look good, more beautiful than the Filipino's I would say, Peter Storm has a certain 'type', which is not to everyone's taste, your pics of the girls encourage me to visit.

The first girl pic is the 21 year old I took ST for $50 + $5

Peter's girl is quite stunning, she us under 5 foot tall and 37 kg. He is certainly smitten with her and has his hands full.

The first girl pic is the 21 year old I took ST for $50 + $5

Peter's girl is quite stunning, she us under 5 foot tall and 37 kg. He is certainly smitten with her and has his hands full.

I don't know how old Peter is but if He's that smitten He needs to get a move on. Foreigners 50 or over are NOT ALLOWED to Marry a Khmer female.

You're out the window RJ you'll just have to shag them and be done with.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/451792-male-foreigners-over-50-outlawed-from-marrying-cambodian-women/

I don't know how old Peter is but if He's that smitten He needs to get a move on. Foreigners 50 or over are NOT ALLOWED to Marry a Khmer female.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/451792-male-foreigners-over-50-outlawed-from-marrying-cambodian-women/

Yes I remember that law coming in a few years ago.

Yes I remember that law coming in a few years ago.

I'm sure it's nothing that a large contribution of Riel couldn't put right, just like Thailand, and yes PS's new lady is a pocket rocket, if somewhat unstable by all accounts.

I'm sure it's nothing that a large contribution of Riel couldn't put right, just like Thailand, and yes PS's new lady is a pocket rocket, if somewhat unstable by all accounts.

Not there. Rules are tight there, believe me. Sure, you can buy citizenship for $35,000 dollars that might do it.

The rules on purchasing property I believe are similar to Thailand. A Foreigner can own a condo but not the ground floor units.

Anything else has to be in a Khmer's name or company.

However it's easy to 'buy' Cambodian citizenship if you make a donation of $35,000 to the right people you are awarded 'honorary Citizenship' and you can hold title deeds and land deeds 100% in your name.

It's far far easier to do most things in Cambodia. You can work at whatever you want to do. And there is no visa runs or 90 day reporting. Business visas are yearly and you don't even have to go to immigration. Your local travel agent sends them to PP to be renewed.

If you don't mind a very small P4P scene and like a cheap economy then Cambodia's OK. If it's girls and bars then it's Thailand.

35,000 dollars isnt a bad deal to get citizenship considering all the perks it has.

35,000 dollars isnt a bad deal to get citizenship considering all the perks it has.

It's a great deal, especially it allows you to own land 100%. Something that will NEVER happen in Thailand.

It's a great deal, especially it allows you to own land 100%. Something that will NEVER happen in Thailand.

Seen too many disasters over land ownership in Thailand. If I hand over my money then my name name goes on the deeds. Not rocket science

Well that's even better, no defacto laws as well, so if things go tits up you don't have to deal with lawyers in order to get a divorce.

Great to read an RJ TR, well written, photos a bit lacking the Firth professionalism but I doubt you were using a tripod or caring for much more than the general view. Looks an ok place but would like to get to see more of what is on offer in PP for a non P4P tourist.

Appreciate the effort, sounds like you had a great time and may go back soon.

Cheers

Thank you Pattayaman! I am going for 3 days in August from Swampy like Rob Jones has done via Bangkok Airways so will check it out more.

Thank you Pattayaman! I am going for 3 days in August from Swampy like Rob Jones has done via Bangkok Airways so will check it out more.

The hotel I stayed at is a $2 ride to riverside 136 night bars, you might want to stay a bit closer. I hope you enjoy the warm welcome that I got a d let us know about pricing - I haven't slept a wink since knowing I might have overpaid lol

Looks an ok place but would like to get to see more of what is on offer in PP for a non P4P tourist.

Cheers

Well worth a visit for a few days. The riverside promenade area has some great restaurants and non P4P bars. The royal palace there is on a par with the Grand Palace in Bangkok, IMHO.