Latest News
  • *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...!

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
mulphy

Pies , Bacon , Sausage Etc .

there are all sorts of people selling pies , bacon , sausage and more all over pattaya . my favourite was the now defunct WHM better known as western wholesale meats . I used them as supplier at the rockhouse coz to me their product tasted the best out of all the companies I tried .

anyway to cut a long story short despite me thinking WHM supplied the best and most tasty pies , bacon and sausage I am yet to find a pie a sausage or bacon that comes anywhere close to the same products from my home country .

I also get bewildered by the higher prices charged here for these products compared to in my home country .

so hand on heart can you say you get better pies , better sausage , better bacon here in pattaya than you can in your home town and how does the price of these items compare between the 2 .

your vindaloo was the best ive had,when the kitchen was open.i notice brian has signed in,and so we will hear about pies shortly

Sausages not even close. I bring a couple of kilos with me when I travel. Pay more for them here but bothered.

your vindaloo was the best ive had,when the kitchen was open.i notice brian has signed in,and so we will hear about pies shortly

The first pie i got in Pattaya was from one of those street vendors on LK Metro.....worst thing i ever did lol.

The problem with the UK is the food - all of it, is so damn good. I have had one Thai meal since I got back and despite me bringing about 50 Blue Elephant mixes back with me, I cant see me in the short term using them.

Thick Richmond sausages; Pukka pies; Youngs fish - fantastic cream cakes; ice creams and fresh bread, the list is endless. And the prices are fantastic. I'm in Norwich tonight and on my way to a steak house I stopped in a pub for a pint, had a look at their menu, an angus steak with chips etc - and a dink - £8. Unbelievable. Ill end up the size of a house lol

And dont start me on the booze.................

I like a good sausage I do

Grilled, deep fried, shallow fried, or Goerge Forman?....i find the George Forman dries them out too mutt.

Grilled, deep fried, shallow fried, or Goerge Forman?....i find the George Forman dries them out too mutt.

Shallow fried very gently or cooked in the oven, don't forget to prick the skins to stop them splitting.

Cheers

Shallow fried very gently or cooked in the oven, don't forget to prick the skins to stop them splitting.

Cheers

Grilled BUT burned works for me

Haha...just like my mum did them....i do miss the old style cookers with an eye level open grill and have been saying for years im going to get one again.

Cheers

I fry mine in a dry pan, loads of fat comes out of them so no oil needed.

I make sausages to my own taste, Cumberland and pork and honey, it's the only way you can guarantee the quality of fillings. I do worry given that the Thais eat every part of the animal what's left to put in the sausages. Just lips and arsehole I guess . Given the cost of my ingredients I can't think of a commercially available product here that I would enjoy.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

I make sausages to my own taste, Cumberland and pork and honey, it's the only way you can guarantee the quality of fillings. I do worry given that the Thais eat every part of the animal what's left to put in the sausages. Just lips and arsehole I guess . Given the cost of my ingredients I can't think of a commercially available product here that I would enjoy.

Do you put them in a skin?

Do you put them in a skin?

Absolutely, unless I have a few used condoms hanging around, I use dry collegen skins from UK as I can find them here as yet.

I have to admit I've not tried mine on the barby yet, mainly because I had to sell it. I have a little charcoal job which is probably better actually.

Cheers

Absolutely, unless I have a few used condoms hanging around, I use dry collegen skins from UK as I can find them here as yet. Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

I use the salted hog casings, they work great.

Cherrs

I prefer lorne sausage or square sausage in any case and I get some wonderful flavours back home .

however a few folk have tried to make them out here and they are awful .

mostly steak or beef flavoured in Scotland but some great extra flavours added like chives or onion or leeks or Italian ragu sauce etc .

links are usually pork but full of pork with high percentage pork and not much additives .

nothing available anything like them in pattaya .

I did see siam foods are saying they're stocking lorne sausage now, like you say tho I wouldn't hold you breath for authenticity

I use the salted hog casings, they work great.

Cherrs

Can I ask where you get the hog casings, I heard macro but couldn't find them. I've got about 500 metres of the dry skins to get through first tho

I did see siam foods are saying they're stocking lorne sausage now, like you say tho I wouldn't hold you breath for authenticity

yeah I see it , im going to try them tomorrow .