Latest News
  • *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...!

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
materialsman

Colonoscopy, What To Expect?

Well, I have having stomach pains for the last three months, different sort of pain to the 'fatty liver' I suffered from three years back, so yesterday had an appointment at the PIH, bottom line is after prodding and probing my stomach, I am booked in for a colonoscopy tomorrow night, Doctor says it's precautionery for all males over 50 suffering stomach pains, I've read that the pre-op colonic cleansing is the worst part, taking the laxatives and the obvious effects of that, I'm sure that many on here have been through the same procedure, so what to expect?

Its not too bad. They give you an enema before hand.Tell you to squeeze your cheeks and hold in the liquid they fire inside your butt for as long as possible..I lasted about 5 seconds before gushing everywhere. Had the camera down the throat and up the bum. Was given a mild sedative but woke up during it. Doesnt take long, in and out within a few hours.

i have had five -

in aust you are given a product called FLEET which is one hell of a laxative - must drink a shitload of it but it certainly gets things moving - tastes awful

should talk to anaesthesiologist to make sure you aren`t allergic to the drugs required for the op

i arrived 7am and left hospital middayish without complications

docs found some polyps in my second scan - family has a history of bowel cancer so they cut out about 3miles of intestines - well a couple of metres to be truthful

probably saved my life

I was able to put a flavoring in my Barium drink. as long as it wasn't dark. I think I used lemonade flavored Crystal Light. I chugged that shit & then shat all night.

Expect to shit your fookin' brains out!

I'm hoping to minimise my output, yesterday after the hospital visit had only rice congee, today 1 plain set yoghurt and tonight maybe one can of tuna in spring water, tomorrow nothing at all, just water, easy enough after the 5:2 diet training.

Living in Thailand with the diet and food preparation standards, a good dose of the runs is standard training for just such an 'event'.

saw u yesterday i think going into Big C, about 9,30. tried to catch u but you were obviously on a mission, but did notice u have lost weight matey. the colostomy isnt painful, if u r having at the good places, the kncok u out anyway and you dont wake up feeling like u have been gang raped, no pain at all. worst part is the meds u take before to "evacuate" and trust me thats a full evacuation. good luck.. tommy

Probably finishing my Sunday morning 6 kilometre walk TD, the time would be about right. Having never been gang raped by a gang of LD's, nor been given the full dildo treatrment in Devils Den I have no comparative anal pain to measure up to, so thankfully I'll take your word for it.

Nothing to worry about mate. I have had 2. In the west there is new technology to prevent the need for such intrusive examinations, but I guess Thailand is not there yet. Sincerely hope all is ok. I have ulcerative colitis which is a total nightmare during flare ups. Best of luck. I think the previous posts have provided you with the info you require. Make sure you ask for the sedative though.

Cheers

Davyson

Nothing to worry about mate. I have had 2. In the west there is new technology to prevent the need for such intrusive examinations, but I guess Thailand is not there yet. Sincerely hope all is ok. I have ulcerative colitis which is a total nightmare during flare ups. Best of luck. I think the previous posts have provided you with the info you require. Make sure you ask for the sedative though.

Cheers

Davyson

No worries, I shall absolutely be asking for the sedative.

Well, I have having stomach pains for the last three months, different sort of pain to the 'fatty liver' I suffered from three years back, so yesterday had an appointment at the PIH, bottom line is after prodding and probing my stomach, I am booked in for a colonoscopy tomorrow night, Doctor says it's precautionery for all males over 50 suffering stomach pains, I've read that the pre-op colonic cleansing is the worst part, taking the laxatives and the obvious effects of that, I'm sure that many on here have been through the same procedure, so what to expect?

I had one 2 years ago mate. You can't eat for about 18 hours before the inspection and take a sedative. I made the mistake of not taking any and it hurt like fluck.

Cheers

Davyson

Nothing can beat the intrusive examinations. There is nothing better than a surgeon actually eyeballing the inside of the colon, in real time. Whilst he/she is there they can remove polyps, take specimens, and they actually do surgical tattoos occasionally to mark and follow the progress of areas of interest. How do I know? Mon-Fri we do 20/day elective and maybe 1/day non-elective. I have had the joy of providing airway support for sedated patients while I watch the colonoscope on the monitor, while the surgeon points out various things. I can now pretty much identify many things myself now.

Some patients have very bad bowel preps, who knows why, probably not following the instructions exactly for using the bowel prep, 'Fleet' as piglet pointed out being the one used in Aus. Those who have a bad bowel prep do themselves no favours as the surgeon can not see the colon wall properly and any abnormalities could be missed.

Standard practice in Australia is to give the patient a dose of fentanyl. This is a pain killer but also acts to help sedate the patient. A bolus of propofol is then given and it's off to sleep. Some anaesthetists use a syringe driver to deliver a constant trickle of propofol, some just stand there and manually push it in. Without wanting to scare anyone, there is a fine line between sedating someone and stopping them breathing, and often the patient will stop breathing for up to a minute, which is why they have an oxygen mask (not tubed) and the anaesthetic nurse will provide airway support. Propofol is such a short-acting drug that breathing quickly returns.

Certain parts of the procedure can be more stimulating than others, especially is the scope is hard to get round bend, and this stimulation will cause the patient to became more aware, but another bit of propofol fixes that. The great thing about propofol is it is amnesic, so you won't remember the brief moments of semi-awareness, or you shouldn't!

Given that the patient has presented for a colonoscopy because of symptoms, and a referral, it is comforting to know that around 80% of people have no abnormalities, about 10% have diverticulitis, and about 9% polyps. Only about 1% have any obvious tumour. I say comforting also because bowel cancer is a major killer in the West, and in Aus, everyone over 50 gets sent a test kit through the post for early screening.

Worst comes to the worst, early detection and surgery +/- follow up radiation or chemo, has good outcomes and at least one current BM and one former know this. So I suppose the message is, if you are bleeding from the arse, or you have a change of bowel habits, or it is hard to shit, or your shit, rather than being a cable is a wire, AND you are sure any of the above is not due to a ladyboy, see a Dr. Most will send you for a colonoscopy.

There is no anus pain, none whatsoever.

Hell, I was watching the camera rooting my bum & didn't feel a thing.

Constant abuse can lead to de-sentisation.

Wel, operation delayed by 24 hours due to a death in the family of the Doctor, so the diet prep starts today and the 'bowel evacuation' starts in earnest at 2 p.m. tomorrow, and thank you 'biglad' for the medical angle explained fully.

Be careful what you wish for!

Please, I was only joking.

Humour aside, best of luck with the check up.