Latest News
  • The Latest News
  • The lottery
  • Good news for all the lottery syndicate players - - - Yet again the luckydip tickets wins....

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Evil Penevil

Hooters Opens Pattaya Branch On Beach Rd

Getting a lot of bad reviews on their Facebook page.

Some are trying to defend the place with the old teething problems line and give it time.

Photo taken from Breakfast Club Pattaya's Facebook page.

500 baht for this.

Pretty difficult to charge that cash when you can buy Thai market food for 40 Baht. It's not a unique product. Anybody can make a burger.

Pretty difficult to charge that cash when you can buy Thai market food for 40 Baht. It's not a unique product. Anybody can make a burger.

Ah but it's a global brand so you are expected to pay that little bit more. You are also paying for the experience, not exactly sure what that experience is but hay ho.

If a global brand is the same as the photo I posted then that global brand isn't up to much.

Ah but it's a global brand so you are expected to pay that little bit more. You are also paying for the experience, not exactly sure what that experience is but hay ho.

If a global brand is the same as the photo I posted then that global brand isn't up to much.

Then how come it doesn't cost 500 Baht for a KFC chicken burger. That's a global brand. :fun:

Then how come it doesn't cost 500 Baht for a KFC chicken burger. That's a global brand. :fun:

Plucked if I know.

Maybe if the staff wear tight shorts and t-shirts they can charge 500 baht.

Plucked if I know.

Maybe if the staff wear tight shorts and t-shirts they can charge 500 baht.

I'd pay 500 for a decent burger in Patts, don't ever remember having a decent burger there. Actually those mini burgers in secrets are quite tasty....mmm.

I'd pay 500 for a decent burger in Patts, don't ever remember having a decent burger there. Actually those mini burgers in secrets are quite tasty....mmm.

What do you call a good burger?

According to some posts I have seen on Facebook, the place doesn't even have air conditioning, WTF, 500 baht for a sad looking burger in a place with no AC. Whoever made that design decision should be fired but they do have air curtains and fans :question:

Anyway doubt I will ever set foot in the place, better food in Pattaya and if I want to see birds then I will go to the gogos. If I want a burger then I will stick with Carl's Jr.

Anyway doubt I will ever set foot in the place, better food in Pattaya and if I want to see birds then I will go to the gogos. If I want a burger then I will stick with Carl's Jr.

Yep same here

Not my cuppa. If i want something normal I'll go to thwir neighbours, The Hopft bar.

Five guys chain...

Means nothing to me. I mean what defines a god burger? Is it 20%fat and 80% meat, or 40% meat and 20% fat and 40% other things? Also the extras, onions, lettuce, gherkin, tomato, pineapple, beetroot, egg, cheese, mustard, tom sauce, mayo?

500B for some minced meat, no matter how good the minced meat is, is absolute bollocks.

Means nothing to me. I mean what defines a god burger? Is it 20%fat and 80% meat, or 40% meat and 20% fat and 40% other things? Also the extras, onions, lettuce, gherkin, tomato, pineapple, beetroot, egg, cheese, mustard, tom sauce, mayo?

500B for some minced meat, no matter how good the minced meat is, is absolute bollocks.

I don't mind paying for good food.

I don't mind paying for good food.

I refer you to my original question, define good.

I refer you to my original question, define good.

I've given you a restaurant chain, not my problem if you haven't been there...

I've given you a restaurant chain, not my problem if you haven't been there...

Yeah, well I'm not going to spend time making you look like a cnut, but if your life's experiences of good burgers revolves around one restaurant chain, then your life experiences are nish.

Photo taken from Breakfast Club Pattya

Burger and chips from Tavern @ Amari Orchid, I believe the price was 390 baht.

Now if I was to choose where to go just based on a photo I had seen then I know where I would be going.

post-28803-0-43396200-1451828287_thumb.j

kind of place I ll probably go once .

Pretty much everyone will go once, the busloads will go there once, that's enough custom for them to turn a profit at these prices.

Regarding burgers I like the ones at Patrick's.

Good points.

I have been in Hooters in Prague and the States, it is an experience and not necessarily for the food. People will go, even if once, and I expect it will survive.

It can not be compared with a 40 baht noodle shop, it is in a completely different market. Those complaining should stick to the noodle shops.

I am sure the Hilton Brand and other branded establishments such as TGIF etc are happy for the noodle boys to stay away. I expect Hooters has a similar thought process.

I will probably pop in and might even buy a burger or a beer, the only way to give a critique.

If it is any good I will say so, if not then again I will say so. They have a target audience, it just may not be many on here.

After all it is just another facet of Pattaya which people feel the need to deride, may be even scared of as their beloved city gets hijacked by the new tourist.

Good points.

I have been in Hooters in Prague and the States, it is an experience and not necessarily for the food. People will go, even if once, and I expect it will survive.

It can not be compared with a 40 baht noodle shop, it is in a completely different market. Those complaining should stick to the noodle shops.

I am sure the Hilton Brand and other branded establishments such as TGIF etc are happy for the noodle boys to stay away. I expect Hooters has a similar thought process.

I will probably pop in and might even buy a burger or a beer, the only way to give a critique.

If it is any good I will say so, if not then again I will say so. They have a target audience, it just may not be many on here.

After all it is just another facet of Pattaya which people feel the need to deride, may be even scared of as their beloved city gets hijacked by the new tourist.

Actually I was taking the piss with my comments, however on a serious note I wouldn't class going to Hooters as an experience, a novelty yes but not an experience.

Now many are saying they are having teething problems and to give it time, this is a global brand so they should be getting it right from the start. From some of the reviews I have been reading many have said the service and food wasn't up to much, not what you want when you are targeting an audience.

Photo taken from Breakfast Club Pattya

Burger and chips from Tavern @ Amari Orchid, I believe the price was 390 baht.

Now if I was to choose where to go just based on a photo I had seen then I know where I would be going.

That looks a pretty decent burger, much better than was in the photo from Hooters

I had some great burgers in Pattaya, such as in Bobs BBQ, though I usually don't order them as they make rather a bar snack than a meal.

Some pics were taken 3 years ago and they might not be available anymore. None of them was over 300 Bt as far as I remember.

Route CC in Soi Siam Country Club:

post-111-0-33740400-1451830325_thumb.jpg

The girls were let's say more approachable then the Hooters girls.

post-111-0-27971700-1451830489_thumb.jpg

Aroi: nice enough

post-111-0-58641300-1451830507_thumb.jpg

Blue Olive. The burgers are made from Black Angus beef, price between 230 and 280 Bt. Beef is 150 g, Hooters might have 250 g but that would be too much for me anyway.

post-111-0-31379400-1451830606_thumb.jpg

Had a chickenburger in Huay Yai tonight in a bar that serves Thai food and some farang snacks. 120 Bt.

post-111-0-94009800-1451830726_thumb.jpg

Sometimes I cook my own burger. Cost me maybe 60 Baht.

post-111-0-25970100-1451830793_thumb.jpg

The hOOters nearest me has all-you-can eat specials on the wings a couple of nights/week.

During the holidays, the specials were all day long, but they're usually after 6pm.

Some real stunners working in there, and to be honest I don't really talk with them enough to know if they have the MSDS attitude or not.

Good effort how many Big Macs can you do ? Pal of mine can do 5

I usually get two and take some of the extra buns off to make one burger out of it. I've done the same with Whoppers.

I'm not much for eating a lot of bread, which is why I like the wings.

I couldn't finish the burger at Bob's BBQ when I tried their challenge several years ago. They were right beside the Rockhouse back then.

They had a burger called the Wagon Wheel and it was massive. The deal was, if you ate it all, including the sides, you'd get it for free.

I finished the burger, and the fries, but was gagging on the bun.

I found out later the way to beat the bun is to soak it in your water glass, then it doesn't fill you up nearly as much.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.