Latest News
  • The Latest News
  • The lottery
  • Good news for all the lottery syndicate players - - - Yet again the luckydip tickets wins....

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Evil Penevil

Hooters Opens Pattaya Branch On Beach Rd

I doubt an outfit like Hooters would go illegal. Specially being an US company.

they are crazy about the PC thing.

this is not a US company. it is a franchised operation run by a guy who bought MOST of the asian rights to hooters.

this is not a US company. it is a franchised operation run by a guy who bought MOST of the asian rights to hooters.

Not speaking about the Patta or Asian outlets but about the group worldwide.

its a nice place no doubting that.i normally if im not on a packagetour stay at the dynasty.i will go but it wont be a local.prefer dicey reillys

A lot of these expensive 'new' bars like Hard Rock, Tavern, Horizon et el have high class hotels as feeders - early evening drinks, happy hours, breakfast, lunch dinner - and of course late nightcaps, Hooters Pattaya doesn't - and that's gonna be a massive problem for them. Not a problem in Bangkok and Phuket because there is a different demographic there.

Its a big big room to fill............Their location map for the Pattaya bar on their website directs you to the Bangkok place. Inexcusable............

This will be very interesting

Except....the group out of phuket who owns the rights to Hooters Asia is a hotel group very active and agressive in acquiring mid tier mnc hotel names both on ownership and mgt contracts...assume the real market for Pattaya locale is tour buses full of group tour bookings of chinese and russians from the hotels they own or manage...word is same group bought limited Hard Rock Cafe territories and will be opening a goliath cafe sep from existing one in hotel in Pattaya soon to compliment their HRC in Phuket....

It is called vertical integration and a must have for brand business to remain viable in the new marketplace.

...assume the real market for Pattaya locale is tour buses full of group tour bookings of chinese and russians from the hotels they own or manage...word is same group bought limited Hard Rock Cafe territories and will be opening a goliath cafe sep from existing one in hotel in Pattaya soon to compliment their HRC in Phuket....

That might work

I'll give more details when I have more time, but Hooters has made a lot of progress in solving their food service problems, judging on the basis of my visit yesterday. The food service on Jan. 1 was atrocious, yesterday it was fine, no complaints at all.

I was there between 4.00 p.m. and 6.00 pm. At any given moment, there were 20 to 25 customers inside, the same on the veranda. That's only about 25% of the capacity of the ground level in its current configuration, but not too bad considering Hooters won't have its grand opening until Jan. 16.

Some pics:

post-9139-0-18284600-1452048715.jpg

post-9139-0-31012600-1452048720.jpg

post-9139-0-09401600-1452048725.jpg

post-9139-0-16400600-1452048729.jpg

post-9139-0-73897700-1452048887.jpg

post-9139-0-11105000-1452048732.jpg

post-9139-0-78828700-1452048735.jpg

Evil

Look at all the farangs behind the bar, someone call the BiB lol.

Still getting mixed reviews on FB regarding service though.

I got invited for lunch there this Friday .

I declined .

To be honest I'm not sure why some people seem to determined to see it fail, I look at it as just another American 'chain' place, no different from Hard Rock Cafe or others, certainly there will always be a market for such places, if only to 'get theT-Shirt', I personally have never set foot in the Pattaya Hard Rock Cafe, so it's doubtful I shall set foot in Hooters either, though I would if invited for sure, it's not going to have any impact on me, so let it be, it will stand ot fall on its own, without my opinions.

To be honest I'm not sure why some people seem to determined to see it fail, I look at it as just another American 'chain' place, no different from Hard Rock Cafe or others, certainly there will always be a market for such places, if only to 'get theT-Shirt', I personally have never set foot in the Pattaya Hard Rock Cafe, so it's doubtful I shall set foot in Hooters either, though I would if invited for sure, it's not going to have any impact on me, so let it be, it will stand ot fall on its own, without my opinions.

Agreed.

Not the kind of places I go for the "gastronomy" but for a beer, the T shirt, and tick the box "been there"

Did the Hard Rock cafe in Moscow, we often have a function in the Hard Rock Hotel in Macau, etc.....

Sure will do the Hooters in Nana next trip in 2 weeks ! Probably 1 time in the day, and once late at night .....

Whether it be Hooters or a small beer bar there are those out there who want them to fail. Sad really that some have that mindset.

I don't see were anyone has said they want it to fail .

I don't see were anyone has said they want it to fail .

To be fair, not so much on here but generally accross the local Forums there seems to be a perverse glee in wallowing in the misery of their start up problems regarding the whole operation.

To be fair, not so much on here but generally accross the local Forums there seems to be a perverse glee in wallowing in the misery of their start up problems regarding the whole operation.

IMO, a lot of the people who for come here for the P4P, and mainly the "not so young ones" are a bit afraid to lose their "sex paradise" as it slowly transforms in something more "global and family".

This involves prices getting higher, where again many fear to be "outpriced" and won't have their 99 B breakfast anymore.

I think Pattaya (with some adaption) can accommodate both clientele, but need to re organize the whole thing.

Relocating the P4P scene in a separate , more discrete area would be my idea, and transforming WS in a promenade with nice bars and restaurants with seaview....

OK, now I am going to be shot down in flames....... :harhar:

IMO, a lot of the people who for come here for the P4P, and mainly the "not so young ones" are a bit afraid to lose their "sex paradise" as it slowly transforms in something more "global and family".

This involves prices getting higher, where again many fear to be "outpriced" and won't have their 99 B breakfast anymore.

I think Pattaya (with some adaption) can accommodate both clientele, but need to re organize the whole thing.

Relocating the P4P scene in a separate , more discrete area would be my idea, and transforming WS in a promenade with nice bars and restaurants with seaview....

Spot on, some would rather see the clock rolled back and no progress just so they can get a root for 500 baht from some poor farmer girl....

sorry to disagree with you but from what I see with eyes on the ground , the visitor , the tourist , the clientele is a much younger crowd and a much higher spending crowd .

its the older visitor , customer . clientele that has in the main disappeared .

I agree about the red light zone and walking street idea though .

I think if you wandered down New Plaza, Soi Boukhao, Soi Chaiyapoom, and even LK Metro on a Sunday afternoon you will still find plenty of old codgers (like myself) drinking.

I think if you wandered down New Plaza, Soi Boukhao, Soi Chaiyapoom, and even LK Metro on a Sunday afternoon you will still find plenty of old codgers (like myself) drinking.

nowhere near as many of the older brigade around as there used to be keith .

nowhere near as many of the older brigade around as there used to be keith .

Agreed, but still a fair amount of us them focused in those particular areas.

sorry to disagree with you but from what I see with eyes on the ground , the visitor , the tourist , the clientele is a much younger crowd and a much higher spending crowd .

its the older visitor , customer . clientele that has in the main disappeared .

I agree about the red light zone and walking street idea though .

So, basically we agree, the older brigade is slowly leaving or being pushed back in cheaper areas as the "new Pattaya" doesn't suit them anymore, and a new clientele comes in.

I guess the new clientele will prefer disco's and clubs then sleazy beer bars with old fat girls.

So, basically we agree, the older brigade is slowly leaving or being pushed back in cheaper areas as the "new Pattaya" doesn't suit them anymore, and a new clientele comes in.

I guess the new clientele will prefer disco's and clubs then sleazy beer bars with old fat girls.

yes cocaine , ecstasy , Yabba and clubs for them over beer bars .

no barfines either coz they think they are pulling a girl in a club , mistakenly of course .

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.