Latest News
  • *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on Friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on Friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on Friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on Friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on Friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on Friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...!

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
rmicheald

Can I Get A Work Permit?

My wife has a shop in the Market. She is the owner, but it isn't a company. Can I get a work permit to help her out at times? Thank you in advance...

From the info you have provided i would say no.

Your girl needs a company and to be paying 4 thai workers tax and you need to pay falang tax which is a lot higher than thai tax.

The set up cost for you to do this with paying any tax is around 40'000 baht.

My wife has a shop in the Market. She is the owner, but it isn't a company. Can I get a work permit to help her out at times? Thank you in advance...

Sorry , the answer is no.

Need to be employed by a company that has a ratio of Thai/foreigner of 7:1 I believe.

The answers above is even without considering the list of jobs allowed to Aliens......

^Got called to work before I could type that bit :-)

Although there was a farang on Thai TV a couple of weeks ago working on a som tam stall in Isaan somewhere, he may have had residency though.

^Got called to work before I could type that bit :-)

Although there was a farang on Thai TV a couple of weeks ago working on a som tam stall in Isaan somewhere, he may have had residency though.

Saw one a year ago with a som tan cart in Nana soi 4.

Did not last long...

being fair to the topic starter.im happy your wife has a business,just keep out of the way.dont handle nothing,touch nothing or pour nothing.they wear all manner of clothing now.

city officials

bib

army.

its a right mismatch.they even prosecute their own prime minister

you would need a xcompany. you will also need a work VISA.

you will need to be earning 50K a month and payign tax and insurance on that

registered for VAT

if you are legally married, you will need TWO not 4 employees

you wont get a market rtraders job, its on the exclusion list

That's the one. We're looking into this for a view of setting up in Bangkok and that's similar advice to what we're told.

That's the one. We're looking into this for a view of setting up in Bangkok and that's similar advice to what we're told.

also need to have company capitalized at 2 million baht per work permit issued.

How do they calculate the capitalised value here ?

pretty much same as other locales....basically issued shares @ par value.

you wont get a market rtraders job, its on the exclusion list

I really wonder though how do the Turkish ice cream stands operate.

How do they calculate the capitalised value here ?

They dont......

you just issue 20,000 common shares at a 100B a pop.

only 25% have to be paid up at time of registration. Can be used as operating cost or be withdrawn in full..

I have seen a few doing it so it is a case of just doing it. the only problem would be if another trader complained about it