Jump to content
Latest News
  • FREE HOLIDAYS to Midnight and CBK --- Any more for any more..? *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 27th of July... it would be great to see you if your in town...!

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

matthewh

Flight Price Are Coming Down Bigtime

Recommended Posts

even on the high tickets rob.alot of them have fees for date changes.i will do as al said earlier and stick to cheap tickets.i only really have the insurance for medical reasons.should I ever have an accident,not for flights

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Multinationals usual fix the £,$,¥ once a year then at the end id to trading year will remark a loss or profit was partly due to currency movements.

My guess is the Thai flights did a fix when the pound was strong ? Perhaps to reduce it they would see it as a loss , maybe they report by country so don't want to take a hit ? Who knows for sure as you say.

Were flights cheaper from east to west when the £ was 76 ?

Not that I remember

But MNCs could refix the price the next year if the currency changed drastically - but also they will buy the fuel in whatever currency globally so in theory it doesn't matter where they fly. They aren't buying the fuel from east to west at a different price then from west to east.

Its a bit like a 90 day sign on. No possible rational explanation,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was looking for a mate the other day and there were sub £500 tickets available from Bangkok to places including Glasgow and Barcelona either side of the school holidays. Mostly KLM and BA if I remember correctly with short stopovers if you looked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just paid £413 each MAN-BKK return for a trip in October..... my cheapest ever flights for a Thailand trip..... Made even cheaper by using a cash-back offer with my bank which dropped the cost down to £383 each...:p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TheFiend said:

Just paid £413 each MAN-BKK return for a trip in October..... my cheapest ever flights for a Thailand trip..... Made even cheaper by using a cash-back offer with my bank which dropped the cost down to £383 each...:p

that's a great price.havent seen these prices for a longtime.long may it continue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/06/2016 at 5:02 PM, matthewh said:

that's a great price.havent seen these prices for a longtime.long may it continue

I find it's all about timing and knowing when to pull the trigger..... Was consistently seeing Turkish at £400 but the flight times returning from BKK were totally unsuitable for us..... Just ran a check now and Turkish have gone up to £449

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheFiend said:

I find it's all about timing and knowing when to pull the trigger..... Was consistently seeing Turkish at £400 but the flight times returning from BKK were totally unsuitable for us..... Just ran a check now and Turkish have gone up to £449

The flight prices for November/December are going for as low as 360 quid indirect atm.

They won't go any lower than that so if people are looking a bargain now is the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, firth1974 said:

Qatar Airways are still showing at £383 for September departures from LHR.

Thats a good pice ... in 2007 / 2008 i was paying 340 to 360

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, lanzalad said:

Thats a good pice ... in 2007 / 2008 i was paying 340 to 360

It's an amazing price.

It's with Air China and involves a 2hr stopover either way but can't complain with that price.

If this isn't a bumper high season for Pattaya bars then it's time to call it a day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dcfc2007 said:

It's an amazing price.

It's with Air China and involves a 2hr stopover either way but can't complain with that price.

If this isn't a bumper high season for Pattaya bars then it's time to call it a day.

It's a good price to get to Thailand and may encourage more people to travel there, whether they will head to Pattaya is debatable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, firth1974 said:

Qatar Airways are still showing at £383 for September departures from LHR.

I saw Etihad for September from EDI last night for £370.  I paid < £330 with them a couple  of weeks ago, so agree with all the comments about never seeing it cheaper.

Edited by kwa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

looking for a deal from around the 8th of December till late January.anybody seen anything.as we are on a long trip we don't mind a stop over

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was quite Surprised after all the Doom and Gloomer's re trips to LOS out of Sydney.

Booked a trip from Sydney to Chaing Mai and than Bangkok DM to Sydney in August with 20Kgs Luggage

Sure it is cheap Charlie Air Asia with a 1hr 55mins KUL stop over for $700 Aussie all in, Cheapest flights ever to LOS for me.

Since Cebu Pacific started flying out of Sydney prices dropped big time, Sydney to manila regular special $200 each way with 20Kgs luggage for an 8hr flight. Now that sure is cheap and all planes I have flown new models (sure minimum creature comforts but only 8 hour flight= 5-6 hours sleep for me).

Now if only the Aussie dollar can improve, PLEASE :PLEURE:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My price hasn't dropped. I like Emirates and Qatar so I use them as a benchmark. Emirates has gone up $64. That is on a business flight, 2 flights, Dallas / Fort Worth to Bangkok. Same dates as the last 2 years Jan 2 - March 4. Apples to apples.

The good thing with Emirates is that if you book business or first they provide a complimentary limo to and from the airport both ends. At the American side that is quite a savings. $100 to park the truck or nothing if I risk the truck stop and over $120 for each taxi. So a free limo is quite a savings.

I book the Emirates flights with a slightly longer layover because I like the 380s. Much better than a 777. There is a bar for starters!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Phoenix Rising said:

I was quite Surprised after all the Doom and Gloomer's re trips to LOS out of Sydney.

Booked a trip from Sydney to Chaing Mai and than Bangkok DM to Sydney in August with 20Kgs Luggage

Sure it is cheap Charlie Air Asia with a 1hr 55mins KUL stop over for $700 Aussie all in, Cheapest flights ever to LOS for me.

Since Cebu Pacific started flying out of Sydney prices dropped big time, Sydney to manila regular special $200 each way with 20Kgs luggage for an 8hr flight. Now that sure is cheap and all planes I have flown new models (sure minimum creature comforts but only 8 hour flight= 5-6 hours sleep for me).

Now if only the Aussie dollar can improve, PLEASE :PLEURE:

Every now and then Emirates/Qantas advertise return flights from Sydney to Bangkok for $700 to $750. Got a return flight for $600 last year.

If you're willing to fly with Scoot (which involves a LONG layover in Singapore) you can get return flights for some $420 every Tuesday (some $500 with 20kgs luggage). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Izi said:

My price hasn't dropped. I like Emirates and Qatar so I use them as a benchmark. Emirates has gone up $64. That is on a business flight, 2 flights, Dallas / Fort Worth to Bangkok. Same dates as the last 2 years Jan 2 - March 4. Apples to apples.

The good thing with Emirates is that if you book business or first they provide a complimentary limo to and from the airport both ends. At the American side that is quite a savings. $100 to park the truck or nothing if I risk the truck stop and over $120 for each taxi. So a free limo is quite a savings.

I book the Emirates flights with a slightly longer layover because I like the 380s. Much better than a 777. There is a bar for starters!

Well that was wrong!! Saved $800 using Etihad just now complete with the same chauffer service and shower at the layover. The only thing I don't like is a bs stop over in Mumbai. No idea why.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Izi said:

Well that was wrong!! Saved $800 using Etihad just now complete with the same chauffer service and shower at the layover. The only thing I don't like is a bs stop over in Mumbai. No idea why.

They use Jet Airways planes on some routes and I think it's part of the deal they go to India.  I've only used Etihad once but deliberately avoided that flight.

Do you know what the deal is with Etihad chauffeur service from BKK?  I never use the Emirates service here as I think the trip to Pattaya is overpriced.  I had an email exchange with them a few years ago arguing about the "free" distance, but if anything it's worse now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 0:12 PM, kwa said:

They use Jet Airways planes on some routes and I think it's part of the deal they go to India.  I've only used Etihad once but deliberately avoided that flight.

Do you know what the deal is with Etihad chauffeur service from BKK?  I never use the Emirates service here as I think the trip to Pattaya is overpriced.  I had an email exchange with them a few years ago arguing about the "free" distance, but if anything it's worse now.

I used the Emirates chauffer service upon my return in March. Ran me about 60 miles in comfort into the sticks of south Ft Worth.

Etihad and Emirates will provide a chauffer driven limo or similar to take you to the airport. There and back both ends. All you need is a first or business class ticket. If the layover in Abu Dhabi or Dubai is too long they provide a luxury hotel too and the cost of any visa, they basically pick up the tab.

The Bangkok end does me no good at all but it is great on the American side. All bookable from the websites. So long as you are no more than 70 miles away you are in like Flynn. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like I have cracked this even further. Qatar with my 74,000 Wells Fargo points gets me a business class ticket with GREAT connections for $2500 !!

No limo with them though but who cares I am saving $1300 over Etihad (which btw I was happy with at $3800). So $100 to park the rig and about $200 for taxis. I win.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Izi said:

I used the Emirates chauffer service upon my return in March. Ran me about 60 miles in comfort into the sticks of south Ft Worth.

Etihad and Emirates will provide a chauffer driven limo or similar to take you to the airport. There and back both ends. All you need is a first or business class ticket. If the layover in Abu Dhabi or Dubai is too long they provide a luxury hotel too and the cost of any visa, they basically pick up the tab.

The Bangkok end does me no good at all but it is great on the American side. All bookable from the websites. So long as you are no more than 70 miles away you are in like Flynn. 

I've used the Emirates chauffeur service several times in the UK and agree it's great.  I was hoping you had experience of the Etihad service in BKK as I won't use the Emirates service there.

You'll be struggling to get the free stopover package from Emirates going to/from BKK, as they have so many flights per day (7?) it's almost impossible to achieve the qualifying criteria.  They tend to use La Meridian for Business Class which couldn't be called luxury, but is perfectly adequate for a shower and a kip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is a while since I have flown and it may have changed but Emirates Business Class was far better than Etihad. A380s, better seats and an all round better experience. Has anyone a more recent experience of both?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just have to remember the word "from" and talk strong.it is not in their interests to give you this price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/06/2016 at 1:19 PM, TheFiend said:

Just paid £413 each MAN-BKK return for a trip in October..... my cheapest ever flights for a Thailand trip..... Made even cheaper by using a cash-back offer with my bank which dropped the cost down to £383 each...:p

I thought that price was cheap.... Booked flights for a trip in May with Qatar MAN-DOH-BKK and return BKK-DOH-LHR-MAN for £339...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×