Latest News
  • The Latest lottery News
  • 15-12-2017- Good news for all the lottery syndicate players - - - Yet again this week the lucky dip tacket - - -

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
MattyStevens

UK Longer Term Visa For Thai's

Just a query from fellow boardmembers...

Has anyone gotten a Longer Term UK visa of any sort for their Thai wife?????....and what type etc....and how was the process???

My situation.

I have 2 times successfully gotten my Thai wife the 180-day visitor "C" visa. So we have a track record, and been/returned to the UK 2 times .

I see myself in the future maybe returning to the UK more often(my sister is unwell), but the dates are not known so well in advance, it is sporadic.

Don't wanna have to keep applying, wondering what longer term options I have, because I want to have freedom of going to the UK with my Thai wife at short notice on and off if I want to.

-My wife has a house and car in her name in Thailand

-We are married with the Thai marriage cert

-Been over to the UK 2 times in the last few years with my Thai wife

-I am not a full-time resident in the UK though at the moment

****I WILL look at the website and do my own research,but before I trudge through that minefield,lol,wondering if any boardmember has practical actual experience of getting a longer term UK visa for their Thai spouse??

Thanks.

If she has a record of Visitor Visas she can apply for a 5-year or 10-year visa. It still only allows 6-months stay in one year, but it means she doesn't have to apply each time. Not cheap though.

Long-term visit visas

If you can prove you need to visit the UK regularly over a longer period, you can apply for a visa that lasts 1, 2, 5 or 10 years. You can stay for a maximum of 6 months on each visit.

There’s an extra fee to pay, which depends on the length of the visa:

• 1 year - £324
  • 2 years - £324
  • 5 years - £588
  • 10 years - £737

https://www.gov.UK/standard-visitor-visa/overview

I got er indoors a 5 year visitors visa after her first 1 year visitor visa ran out, she had been to the UK once for 2 weeks. We aren't married and at the time we had no kids. Got the 5 year visa with no bother and we didn't use any of those visa services.

If she has a record of Visitor Visas she can apply for a 5-year or 10-year visa. It still only allows 6-months stay in one year, but it means she doesn't have to apply each time. Not cheap though.

Long-term visit visas

If you can prove you need to visit the UK regularly over a longer period, you can apply for a visa that lasts 1, 2, 5 or 10 years. You can stay for a maximum of 6 months on each visit.

There’s an extra fee to pay, which depends on the length of the visa:

• 1 year - £324
  • 2 years - £324
  • 5 years - £588
  • 10 years - £737

https://www.gov.UK/standard-visitor-visa/overview

So then lets say they get a 5 year visa every 6 months they have to leave how long do they need to be out side the UK..?

Where would there travel to, thailand every 6 months...?

So then lets say they get a 5 year visa every 6 months they have to leave how long do they need to be out side the UK..?

Where would there travel to, thailand every 6 months...?

Heh, maybe Thais can do visa runs from the UK.

people think visas are easy.try it then.?.i await your replies

If you follow the guidelines getting a visa doesn't seem that hard.

My wife was added as a spouse to my UK Ancestory visa. When I moved back to Australia the wife got a temporary resident's visa. I did all the paperwork for these visas and they were both granted without any problems. I have also successfully completed 2 sponsored tourist visas for my wife's sister and niece. Again no problems.

This only proves to me that there is not really a need to use visa companies. I am just a person with basic intelligence so if I can do this I would imagine most others would be successful as well.

never been turned down yet groggy.the paperwork must be spot on and easily identifyable.the eco wont look but want it staring them in the face

never been turned down yet groggy.the paperwork must be spot on and easily identifyable.the eco wont look but want it staring them in the face

i know Matt. It is a pain in the arse. I recall going to the P.E.O. for Ouy's fast track applications and it basically is decided right there and then, over the counter. If one item is missing they just close the booth window and reject it. I seen many rejections while waiting our turn.

Better to have a Polish passport. Get them all in easy.

yes mate.it has to be perfect.this weekends job.they give a list you "MUST!" supply or you are wasting your money.if you haven't got things don't apply.they wont give an inch

?

Are you saying they do not need to leave the country after the six months is up?

The visa might last for 5 years, but (as I understand it) they can only spend a total of 6 months in the UK per year.

The visa might last for 5 years, but (as I understand it) they can only spend a total of 6 months in the UK per year.

6 months per visit I thought, not sure though.

Thanks a lot for the answers, lads.

Once school holidays for the kids have died down, I will look into it further.

The "Visitor Visa" does indeed come in longer visa ranges of 1 year, 2 year, 5 year, 10 years as colonelpickering said. Thanks.

I don't think I would have a problem, to be honest, getting the longer term visa like that, because we have already gotten a few of

the 6-month versions fairly easily and hassle free.

What I am maybe interested in is the SETTLEMENT VISA.???!!!!!

I will look into that more, later in the month.

Big difference is the farang having to show much more financials. Thai wife sitting an English test and a few things like TB checks and x-rays etc... ( well, they seem to be the big differences from what I quickly read).

Interestingly, this KeyVisaThailand of Pattaya's web-page gives an interesting piece on what finances are needed to apply for it.

Over £62,500 to be shown in a cash lump-sum is a hefty wedge, but if that was there in a UK bank, hopefully things could work out.

The advantage of the Settlement Visa, it seems, is none of this 6 months in one year rule. She can come and go as she pleases. Also, she can get a National Insurance number and register on the UK health system. Definitely a step above a basic visitor visa.

Plan on "hopefully/maybe" transferring money to the UK soon, and maybe even a trip back there in late March/April'ish so I can get the ball rolling .

post-76705-0-98559500-1457082136_thumb.p

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this