Latest News
  • The Latest News
  • The lottery
  • Good news for all the lottery syndicate players - - - Yet again this week and last week... scooping winnings two weeks in a row now.... Good news for all the lottery syndicate players - - - Yet again this week and last week... scooping winnings two weeks in a row now.... Good news for all the lottery syndicate players - - - Yet again this week and last week... scooping winnings two weeks in a row now.... Good news for all the lottery syndicate players - - - Yet again this week and last week... scooping winnings two weeks in a row now....

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
rmicheald

Ending A Marriage

My wife and I have decided to divorce. She is 25 and I am 67. We have been together almost 5 years - married less than a year. Over the last couple to three years I have give her and her family around 500,000 baht. She has 3 dress shops around Pattaya.

She has agreed to pay 12,000 I recently borrowed from a friend for her.. Also 52,000 I told her I had borrowed from my brother. She has also agreed to pay me back 150,000 for all the money I gave her to open the shops etc.

Do I need to have some legal document related to this BEFORE I do the divorce. I know that 50% of everything acquired AFTER the marriage can be split. Her shops are just getting started, so it wouldn't do me any good to force her to sell them and split 50/50. I just want to be sure that if she changes her mind later on, I can be protected and get my money back...

Thanks in advance for any HELPFUL replies... Wankers and Trolls, keep it to yourself.

I wont give advice.im sorry to hear this and wish you well for the future.good luck mate.

My wife and I have decided to divorce. She is 25 and I am 67. We have been together almost 5 years - married less than a year. Over the last couple to three years I have give her and her family around 500,000 baht. She has 3 dress shops around Pattaya.

She has agreed to pay 12,000 I recently borrowed from a friend for her.. Also 52,000 I told her I had borrowed from my brother. She has also agreed to pay me back 150,000 for all the money I gave her to open the shops etc.

Do I need to have some legal document related to this BEFORE I do the divorce. I know that 50% of everything acquired AFTER the marriage can be split. Her shops are just getting started, so it wouldn't do me any good to force her to sell them and split 50/50. I just want to be sure that if she changes her mind later on, I can be protected and get my money back...

Thanks in advance for any HELPFUL replies... Wankers and Trolls, keep it to yourself.

Are you a member on Secrets?

:)

sad in so many ways, and for so long.

even with a document, there is little chance of you collecting if she doesnt want to pay. as said, see Tony, but dont hold your breath

sad in so many ways, and for so long.

even with a document, there is little chance of you collecting if she doesnt want to pay. as said, see Tony, but dont hold your breath

OP gets off not too bad. Not really BIG money.

Thanks for all the replies. I am doing a promissory note for the amount. I will do both English and Thai Translation. Both will be notarized and included in the divorce papers at the Amphur. That way, it is "registered" as part of the divorce should I have to take further action later.

Thanks for all the replies. I am doing a promissory note for the amount. I will do both English and Thai Translation. Both will be notarized and included in the divorce papers at the Amphur. That way, it is "registered" as part of the divorce should I have to take further action later.

Legal action in Thailand for 150 K ? ?

Dont want to sound negative, but as Som said, cash is safer.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this