Latest News
  • FREE HOLIDAYS to Midnight and CBK --- Any more for any more..? *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 27th of July... it would be great to see you if your in town...!

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
LatinLover

Brenda Rodgers The New Manager Of Celtic

i saw it and the only way to describe it is shambolic .

celtic never turned up .

certain players had absolute nightmares , janko in particular who made ambrose look like alan hansen .

mcgregor too , out his depth , but in truth the whole celtic midfield had shockers and were hardly in the game .

if it wasnt fot toure and lustig it could have been very embarressing .

the performance was no different to away nights under delia .

the team selection , tactics and even the substitutions were poor .

the defence got tore apart .

the mid field werent in the game and the forwards go no support , yet with better finishing could have scored 2 or 3 .

a very noisy ground and very partizan but only a 16,000 capacity , that shouldnt have been a factor .

it was hot , that was a factor .

all in all celtic were fortunate and rodgers bubble got burst as some sort of football guru .

in my opinion it was rodgers team selection and tactics that were the problems .

• Like 1

17 hours ago, mulphy said:

i saw it and the only way to describe it is shambolic .

celtic never turned up .

certain players had absolute nightmares , janko in particular who made ambrose look like alan hansen .

mcgregor too , out his depth , but in truth the whole celtic midfield had shockers and were hardly in the game .

if it wasnt fot toure and lustig it could have been very embarressing .

the performance was no different to away nights under delia .

the team selection , tactics and even the substitutions were poor .

the defence got tore apart .

the mid field werent in the game and the forwards go no support , yet with better finishing could have scored 2 or 3 .

a very noisy ground and very partizan but only a 16,000 capacity , that shouldnt have been a factor .

it was hot , that was a factor .

all in all celtic were fortunate and rodgers bubble got burst as some sort of football guru .

in my opinion it was rodgers team selection and tactics that were the problems .

Good observations,still rather Celtic than Barca,Madrid or Juventus......................best of luck to you guys in the champions league.Rodger's job isn't easy,Partick Thistle on Saturday then Bayern on Wednesday...go figure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, elway69 said:

Good observations,still rather Celtic than Barca,Madrid or Juventus......................best of luck to you guys in the champions league.Rodger's job isn't easy,Partick Thistle on Saturday then Bayern on Wednesday...go figure.

Good polnt Tony, the "problem" that in domestic games we are always the team doing the attacking...we are almost never set up to defend or contain a team

when we get to games like Tuesday night we simply don't know what to do...we are asking to players to do stuff which is entirely alien to them??

Celtic have drawn City and Barca in the CPL,   no Milan teams only two from Italy,,  Spurs have a decent draw ... 

Celtic got Citeh and Barcelona in their group, so nobody expects them to get to qualify. I can see them finishing rock bottom though and some people might not like that. 

5 minutes ago, Al McReady said:

14650649_1803434579932595_3485816017425988414_n.jpg (480×325)

How many games ? What is the capacity there ?

Whats the ticket price ? 

21 games for Celtic v 15 for Man U thi season, slight bias in those numbers I would say.....

Edited by aw1

3 minutes ago, aw1 said:

21 games for Celtic v 15 for Man U thi season, slight bias in those numbers I would say.....

The German Bundesliga have only played 7 games, La Liga have only played 8 games, and Serie A have only played 8 games!

Wait until they have all played 21 games each, then come back and tell me who has the most attendence!!!

32 minutes ago, firth1974 said:

The German Bundesliga have only played 7 games, La Liga have only played 8 games, and Serie A have only played 8 games!

Wait until they have all played 21 games each, then come back and tell me who has the most attendence!!!

celtic have played 8 league games , 4 of which have been at home .

celtic have played 2 champions league games , 1 of which has been at home .

celtic have played 6 champions league qualifiers , 3 of which have been at home .

celtic have played 2 league cup match at home .

10 games at home in total .

i ll try and get official crowds of each game .

2 pre season games at celtic park .

so if they are counted 12 games at celtic park so far .

celtic v aberdeen , 57,758.

celtic v rangers , 58,348.

celtic v kilmarnock , 53,532 .

celtic v motherwell , 54,159 .

total 223,797 in 4 league games .

celtic v man city , 57,952 .

celtic v lincoln red imps , 55,632 .

celtic v astana , 52,952 .

celtic v hapoel beer sheva , 52,659

total 442 , 990 .

two league cup games .

celtic v motherwell , 20,165 .

celtic v alloa , 15,900 .

total , 479,057 .

no details available for the 2 friendlies .

5 minutes ago, mulphy said:

total 442 , 990 .

two league cup games .

total , 479,057 .

And a sell out 60,000 tonight for the champions league game against BMG.

2 minutes ago, Parky said:

53 and 54k v Kilmarnock and Motherwell amazing , is it all seater ?

60,411 is the official capacity .

they opened a 3000 person safe standing section for the ultras , known as the green brigade against leicester city in the pre season .

24 minutes ago, mulphy said:

total 442 , 990 .

two league cup games .

total , 479,057 .

The frendlies against Barcelona was 47,900 and Leicester City 36,658 not too shabby eh.

4 hours ago, Parky said:

How many games ? What is the capacity there ?

Whats the ticket price ? 

60,832 Capacity with standard season tickets priced at £416, this doesn't include European games.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Murchie said:

60,832 Capacity with standard season tickets priced at £416, this doesn't include European games.

That's a decent price my last one was £710 that was 2001.... top clubs in U.K. Are crazy prices 

Tell you what annoys me is teams that publish attendances as the number of ticket sales rather than bums on seats. This isn't pointing a finger at any particular club as there are quite a few guilty of counting non attending season ticket holders and corporate seats that are paid for but not used.

6 hours ago, Al McReady said:

And a sell out 60,000 tonight for the champions league game against BMG.

Oops i meant tomorrow.

Good performance last night and could have taken all 3 points if McGregor and taken his chance in injury time. 

To stand any chance of getting to the last 16 then we need to beat City and Barcelona and hope other results go our way, can't see that happening though. 

So that leaves 3rd place and dropping into the Europa League, currently we are 2 points behind BM so we need three points from our last two games and hope BM get zero, again I can't see this happening. 

But then again miricals do happen and what's football without having hope and dreams.

33 minutes ago, Murchie said:

Good performance last night and could have taken all 3 points if McGregor and taken his chance in injury time. 

To stand any chance of getting to the last 16 then we need to beat City and Barcelona and hope other results go our way, can't see that happening though. 

So that leaves 3rd place and dropping into the Europa League, currently we are 2 points behind BM so we need three points from our last two games and hope BM get zero, again I can't see this happening. 

But then again miricals do happen and what's football without having hope and dreams.

They have acquitted themselves well given the group they were in to date.