Latest News
  • The Latest News
  • The lottery
  • Good news for all the lottery syndicate players - - - Yet again the luckydip tickets wins....

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

lanzalad

New features of the forum.

6 hours ago, lastknight said:

Looks like this comes under the “Can’t please everyone” category. Trying to emulate a “New content” button is too messy and using the forum is just not fun. 

I guess if you want to read every post then it works but i’m not interested.

I agree, who wants to scroll through every post. The view new content on the old software was WAY better.

Another annoyance is why it reverts to expanded view everytime I open the forum rather than remembering that I set it to condensed. Also way too much white space when viewing on a large monitor.

On 2016/06/12 at 6:26 PM, biglad said:

I'm pretty much getting the hang of this now. Just for thos who are still wondering, remember how you could just click beside someone's name to get the last post (or by mistake click on them and they accuse you of stalking them)? Now you just click on the solid circle or star  beside their name and it takes you to the last unread post.

What I can't get yet is getting to the top of the page without scrolling.

It's just about unlearning old habits of 8 years, and it's happening quickly!

6 hours ago, biglad said:

Just looked at it mate, says my group doesn't have access!

Also is there a quick way to the top of the page?

Cheers

The back to top of the page arrow on the old version was a plugin/hook I installed.

Cheers

I have created my own view called View New Content which works fine. See Screenshot.

Cheers

Screenshot from 2016-06-14 14-27-53.png

When you create your own view it will save your options for next time ie condensed or expanded view, which forums you are interested in etc, you can see your settings above the list of topics and  you can adjust them from there.

Screenshot from 2016-06-14 14-31-18.png

Is it the upgrade that has made the forum not work in MY Tapatalk app ? And if so what should I do to make it work again ?

17 hours ago, Odense said:

Is it the upgrade that has made the forum not work in MY Tapatalk app ? And if so what should I do to make it work again ?

The tapatalk plugin needs to be installed yet, I received an email from them and forwarded on to Lanzalad.

Cheers

Well i've never had the login details for Tapatalk account and its linked to pattaya-live.com so i can't access the account so i don't have a Tapatalk API KEY which was issued to the account holder for pattaya-live.com

I also can't create a new one under the same domain name..

so unless i get access to the tapatalk account or we know the Tapatalk API KEY then i can't do anything...

Screenshot at Jun 15 17-44-25.png

Ip board don't really care for the tapatalk as its not supported too....

They have made a very good mobile version but until the forum is fully converted which takes from hours to weeks depending on your archives.

we will still have a few problems on resizing to fit all devices until its complete.

I'll see if I can find the details for you. PS the mobile version doesn't work well on my Android tablet but fine on the phone. Cheers 

Just added two navigation buttons at the bottom of every thread:-

Screenshot at Jun 15 20-41-36.png

Also just installed as requested  GO TO TOP this will be shown on every thread and post and will take you to the top of every page.

Screenshot at Jun 15 20-48-46.png

On 2016/06/15 at 5:40 PM, lanzalad said:

Well i've never had the login details for Tapatalk account and its linked to pattaya-live.com so i can't access the account so i don't have a Tapatalk API KEY which was issued to the account holder for pattaya-live.com

I also can't create a new one under the same domain name..

so unless i get access to the tapatalk account or we know the Tapatalk API KEY then i can't do anything...

Screenshot at Jun 15 17-44-25.png

Ip board don't really care for the tapatalk as its not supported too....

They have made a very good mobile version but until the forum is fully converted which takes from hours to weeks depending on your archives.

we will still have a few problems on resizing to fit all devices until its complete.

Edited by Plaka
got answer in pm, ta

Tapatalk plugin is now installed and if you have this on your mobile it would be good to see a few screen shots

Thanks Phil - it works - and I made a screenshot of this page. How do I post screenshots ?

Posted from my mobile so I blame any spelling errors on that.

We now have a LIKE THIS button on every post but your own.....

You have the power to like and unlike... this is nothing to do with FB just this forum...

Screenshot at Jun 16 23-32-08.png

Sorry to bother you mate but I've just been trying to write a message to someone and when I click compose new my inbox keeps popping up and covering up what I'm trying to type.

On a mobile by the way.

Plus new content is no longer set at content I have not read?

And threads one has read appear only to be able to open at the beginning maybe clicking on the circle/star could take you to the end?

Again on mobile. 

6 hours ago, thinkingallowed said:

Plus new content is no longer set at content I have not read?

And threads one has read appear only to be able to open at the beginning maybe clicking on the circle/star could take you to the end?

Again on mobile. 

Yes i've changed to to a custom activity stream that is as close to the old "view content" as possible by only showing the last member who has posted in that thread.

here's a few things that will help you:-

Highlight Condensed and it will only show the thread title as pre update and to view the last post click on the timeline:-

Screenshot at Jun 17 07-57-46.png

The other activity stream is still there and now you go to Activity / All Activity

Starts to become pretty smooth, probably still a few things to fine tune, but the PC version is nice.

The mobile version on my Android is a bit more touchy for the moment.

21 minutes ago, lantern said:

Phil is there going to be an option to change the skin at any time.

Not as yet as any theme can only be set as a global theme meaning that only admin and set the main theme for the whole forum.

I am looking at options and one is a colour picker or a members colour scheme..

uzfrl4j.jpg

uzfrl4j.jpg

macbook.jpg.4118065f38fa359f1e2c4dae6e9d70a4.jpg

bbrowserImage.jpg.d0cc3a10a04d765d5760add23425f731.jpg

But as always it come down to cost:-

Screenshot at Jun 18 09-30-40.png

Signed into my Android on Tapatalk, can see the app, can see the topics but when I click on a topic it just hangs. Funny thing is that if I don't sign in and click on general topics available to everyone the text/post loads. Gremlins or just another bout of I don't know what I am doingitis!

Managed to sort out the LIKE THIS button which is now on every level for every member to use:-

Screenshot at Jun 19 06-22-56.png

• Like 3

22 hours ago, lantern said:

Phil is there going to be an option to change the skin at any time.

A FREE option:-

Here's a quick look at one of the themes i'm working on at the moment:-

Screenshot at Jun 19 06-52-33.png

I'll be making a few themes and then you all will have a choice... B)

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.