Latest News
  • FREE HOLIDAYS to Midnight and CBK --- Any more for any more..? *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 27th of July... it would be great to see you if your in town...!

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
The Tongue

Philippine Travel Advice - Kidnapping

Latest Philippine Travel Advice, updated mainly for terrorism (in relation to kidnapping). Most notable, for me personally, are the addition of Boracay and the Southern areas of Negros. These are updates based on the available reach of the southern based terrorists and should not be taken lightly but are only an advice!

https://www.gov.UK/foreign-travel-advice/philippines

oops im in southern negros now .

I bet the terrorists are shitting themselves .

26 minutes ago, mulphy said:

oops im in southern negros now .

I bet the terrorists are shitting themselves .

Lol that reminded me of that old TV series au wiedershen pet when they got kidnapped in Thailand and drove the kidnappers nuts and the local villagers turned on the kidnappers ( I think it was one of the last few series )

I witnessed an attempted one at a petrol station on the mcarthur highway,the police appeared with shooters and didn't mess around

IMHO Phils or Thailand same same but different

Its all about common sense

Don't flaunt wealth or be a Knobhead

Don't put yours self in dangerous situations (unknown  event with lots of pissed up poor locals etc).

Don't go way south in PI (terrorist infiltrate north from Malaysian islands. One of the largest Muslim countries in the world).

From my first hand experience the PI people are much more welcoming of westerner's than Thais.

Main reasons due to shared language and they are used to the Americans being there for so long. Probably most Americanised Asian country bar none (but they all think we are Yanks "Hay Joe" Locals slang/welcome for American Servicemen or GIs so GI Joe).

Then again I never really had any worries on all my trips to LOS nor PI, only trouble I ever encountered was with pissed up Tourists (honestly they should be banned from traveling :rolleyes:)

Stay Safe All

• Like 1