Latest News
  • FREE HOLIDAYS to Midnight and CBK --- Any more for any more..? *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 27th of July... it would be great to see you if your in town...!

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

thinkingallowed

Motorcycle test

1 hour ago, thinkingallowed said:

At what age are Thai nationals allowed to take a driving test on a motorcycle? 

15 according to the lads at work.

Is there a too old age for taking the motorbike test ?  I was told I'm too old to take it by my GF.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JONPAT said:

Is there a too old age for taking the motorbike test ?  I was told I'm too old to take it by my GF.

Now, that's funny.

Did a quick search on the interweb and found stuff aimed at foreigners that said 18 years old but it may well be different for a Thai.

12 hours ago, Parky said:

I heard it was 60 ? Whether true who knows , 

That is what GF said.

Like I say it depends how much the farang pays. When I took my test I was talking to 2 Australians. Here on a tourist visa had paid 25000 Baht each to get 5 year licences and they got it.

Should be IMPOSSIBLE on a tourist visa.

4 hours ago, pattayaman2001 said:

Like I say it depends how much the farang pays. When I took my test I was talking to 2 Australians. Here on a tourist visa had paid 25000 Baht each to get 5 year licences and they got it.

Should be IMPOSSIBLE on a tourist visa.

Why the f**k would someone pay that much for a licence. f**king idiots.

I paid 1000bht each (car and bike) for mine in 2002 but that was the old laminated type and the test was all marked in pencil lol.

My second 5 year licenses expired in November last year so I don't know how hard they will be to renew in September when I'm there.

:)

8 minutes ago, davethailand said:

I paid 1000bht each (car and bike) for mine in 2002 but that was the old laminated type and the test was all marked in pencil lol.

My second 5 year licenses expired in November last year so I don't know how hard they will be to renew in September when I'm there.

from memory if you renew within 12 months of expiry its just a normal renewal...

at regents  you need to do they eye test crap and watch a video of bad drivers when renewing a 5 years licence.... well I had to when i renewed mine in december last year anyways.

2 minutes ago, Fondles said:

from memory if you renew within 12 months of expiry its just a normal renewal...

at regents  you need to do they eye test crap and watch a video of bad drivers when renewing a 5 years licence.... well I had to when i renewed mine in december last year anyways.

Yup on my renewal of my first 5 year one I had to do that, luckily after 10 mins watching the video they called us all back out to the waiting area and just issued us with the licenses.

18 hours ago, Fondles said:

Why the f**k would someone pay that much for a licence. f**king idiots.

They live here 6 Months in the year on and off between work. The fine for NOT having a Thai licence is increasing from 400 to 10,000 Baht.

1 minute ago, Parky said:

Is that correct ? That's some increase...

Used to be no fine for drunk driving. Now 10,000 Baht farang and 3,500 Baht for Thai.

No tourists. Collections down but a lottery win coming during high season because the two week renters don't have Thai licences.

2 hours ago, pattayaman2001 said:

They live here 6 Months in the year on and off between work. The fine for NOT having a Thai licence is increasing from 400 to 10,000 Baht.

irrelevant paying 25k for a 155b motorbike licence places them real deep into f**kwit territory

when is the fine for no license increasing ?

Edited by Fondles

2 hours ago, Fondles said:

irrelevant paying 25k for a 155b motorbike licence places them real deep into f**kwit territory

when is the fine for no license increasing ?

Hold on... I'll phone the General up and ask Him.

26 minutes ago, pattayaman2001 said:

Hold on... I'll phone the General up and ask Him.

so if you dont have a clue why state it as fact ?

1 hour ago, Fondles said:

so if you dont have a clue why state it as fact ?

What I heard. Passing it on from a Thai who's friend is a copper.

Did I say it was FACT? Don't think so. But I'd guess it probably will be they need to collect cash.

I wouldn't bet against it.

10 minutes ago, pattayaman2001 said:

What I heard. Passing it on from a Thai who's friend is a copper.

Did I say it was FACT? Don't think so. But I'd guess it probably will be they need to collect cash.

I wouldn't bet against it.

raise the fine to more the the min wage... yeah I don't see that happening.

Edited by Fondles

8 hours ago, Fondles said:

raise the fine to more the the min wage... yeah I don't see that happening.

There will be no raise in the Thai fine. How can these school kids 5 up on a bike afford that?