Latest News
  • The Latest News
  • The lottery
  • Good news for all the lottery syndicate players - - - Yet again this week and last week... scooping winnings two weeks in a row now.... Good news for all the lottery syndicate players - - - Yet again this week and last week... scooping winnings two weeks in a row now.... Good news for all the lottery syndicate players - - - Yet again this week and last week... scooping winnings two weeks in a row now.... Good news for all the lottery syndicate players - - - Yet again this week and last week... scooping winnings two weeks in a row now....

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
thinkingallowed

Visitor visa for UK

The basic six month visitor visa Thais can get for the UK, is this multi entry or single? 

This is further to my thread about cheap flights to the UK and I'm considering flying Mrs Thinkingallowed over to Blighty for Christmas and doing a trip to Mexico in the middle of the month's holiday.

hi andy,

ive only done a 6 month family visitor visa,and that was a 6 month multi entry.i don't know visitor visas.

Cheers Matt. 

According to the British Embassy's website the Standard Visitor Visa replaces quite a few visas including the family visitor one so hopefully multi entry.

Quite excited about the thought of this as I haven't spent Christmas outside Thailand for over ten years.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, thinkingallowed said:

Cheers Matt. 

According to the British Embassy's website the Standard Visitor Visa replaces quite a few visas including the family visitor one so hopefully multi entry.

Quite excited about the thought of this as I haven't spent Christmas outside Thailand for over ten years.

did it for my stepdaughter.i would say if its a multi entry 6 month visa.goodluck and please keep us updated.currently im trying for a visa for my 17 year old stepdaughter  miew to come here permanently.she has just had her tb test.her older sister meaw is 25,having had one visa and using it correctly next time should be easier.once again goodluck.

13 minutes ago, Parky said:

John42 was easy you said as it was a real relationship , can you tell these guys how to get one ?

I guess it's just a process ? How long did yours take ?

I know Lanza is sorting one 

cheers

believe me its not easy,far from it.ofcourse i have brought my wife to the UK,meaw when the schools shut a while back, and now the littleone.ive always been treated fair by the british embassy,but everything must be spot on.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Parky said:

Meet a criteria it's easy , John42 says its easy I hope he gives his  story... 

No problem if a proper relationship , as I understand his girlfriend has not got a visa yet , but she was not a bar girl so as I see it's a simple process ?

?

he is in for a hell of a ride.i met pukky in wonderful2.funny old world.i have a wonderful wife and family who needed  a leg up.sorted.best thing since sliced bread.why the stigma about meeting a girl in a bar.?.thats pattaya.end of.!!

pukky had to have an interview at the embassy,in the waiting area which has cameras,i made sure she looked smart and ignored other applicants with tattoos etc.they always watch the behavior of the applicants.just a little tip.you must go dressed for business and ignore everybody waiting.

A friend of mine has just been to the UK from Phuket at the beginning of July.  Coming back again in October and she has a 6 month standard tourist that states multi-entry.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RangersFC said:

A friend of mine has just been to the UK from Phuket at the beginning of July.  Coming back again in October and she has a 6 month standard tourist that states multi-entry.

Thanks very much for that info.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, matthewh said:

pukky had to have an interview at the embassy,in the waiting area which has cameras,i made sure she looked smart and ignored other applicants with tattoos etc.they always watch the behavior of the applicants.just a little tip.you must go dressed for business and ignore everybody waiting.

Cheers for the tips Matt,  much appreciated. 

1 hour ago, thinkingallowed said:

Cheers for the tips Matt,  much appreciated. 

your welcome mate.im not saying mrs thinking allowed has tattoos.just a tip mate

I'm just doing Puangs 6 months tourist visa and a lot has changed..

I know someone who does the visas and he is a friend and he has give me many pointers and key facts that we really need to get right...

I'll go thru it all tomorrow some time.

• Like 1

Just now, lanzalad said:

I know someone who does the visas and he is a friend and he has give me many pointers and key facts that we really need to get right...

goodluck with things phil.

2 minutes ago, lanzalad said:

You are a star sir.

the main thing is documentation and how you present it,they want to know everything about you and more.photos are are a big thing over a long timespan.

make .!!    certain things easy to see.if they flick through they wont find what they are looking for.they don't care about you.it has to be visible ,or they will say you havent got it.

All UK visas are multiple-entry unless there a special circumstances, but these are exceptions.

There is no face-to-face interview for Visitor visas.  She will have to submit her application and get her biometrics taken at VFS in Bangkok (The Trendy, Sukhumvit 13) but this is nothing to do with the Embassy who make the decision.  She may get a phone call from an ECO to discuss the application.  Currently visitor visas are being processed within a week.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, colonelpickering said:

All UK visas are multiple-entry unless there a special circumstances, but these are exceptions.

There is no face-to-face interview for Visitor visas.  She will have to submit her application and get her biometrics taken at VFS in Bangkok (The Trendy, Sukhumvit 13) but this is nothing to do with the Embassy who make the decision.  She may get a phone call from an ECO to discuss the application.  Currently visitor visas are being processed within a week.

Thanks for that pal, good info.

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 10:44 PM, mrgreenjeans said:

No idea mate...I dislike people who judge others.

Most of his posts are garbage. Best ignored.

• Like 1

Was too slow for the very cheap Malaysian tickets but have just booked a flight with BA which has a 2000 baht fee for cancellation in case of problems. 

Have to decide whether she applies in her own right or I or my father sponsors her application. 

Why mention my father? Well I've not lived in the UK myself for that long and by the time the visa application comes about I'll only have been working for my own company for five months, which may complicate things . I have property that I own and another that I have a lease on which I guess helps? 

Possibly it might be easier for dear old dad to invite his daughter-in-law across for a holiday? 

Just throwing stuff out here for feedback and also in the hope that it might help others in the future. 

Matt mentioned having lots of photos helps and to be honest there are very few pics we have with the both of us on in recent years. I mean for God's sake if we're on holiday taking photos one of us is holding the camera!  I'm hoping that the fact both of us still have old passports that show our trips to Malaysia x3, Bali x2, Singapore, Laos, Vietnam x2 and Cambodia x3 will help? Will the fifty plus Thai stamps in my passports help?

Now I don't mean to be rude, not that bothered if I am to be honest, but it is possible that as well as helping me this thread may be of use to others in the future. So unless you've something positive or informative to add could the usual suspects please go bitch at each other in parts of the forum that are set out for such "fun".

1 minute ago, Parky said:

The travel together stamps help for sure , a pal of mine used them as evidence and got a visa.

Cheers for that, I assumed it might be the case. 

1 hour ago, Buckfast said:

If I am in the region would love to meet you in Mexico for a few Corona beers boss.

Corona? Modelo of Pacifico for this dude.

Thinking of going to Puerto Vallarta so we'd have to get messy with Raicilla. 

Good to see you back.

Right, one thing I know I'd have to sort out for Mrs Thinkingallowed is travel insurance. 

First thing I looked at is a policy from World Nomads that would cover her for a month for the UK and Mexico for 4300 baht. One thing I like about this policy is, God forbid, if anything went wrong I'd be talking to an English speaking person on the other end of the phone.

Might it make the visa application easier if a travel insurance document from a western company was presented? If we went down the route of dealing with a Thai company would it have to have it translated? 

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 11:08 PM, Parky said:

Puerto Vallarta is a terrific place been there twice ?

Bugger me I was there in about '91 for Motorola...loved the place: the smells, the heat, the food, the music...bloody fantastic..

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this