Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
lanzalad

Falang ID Card

I was reading yesterday that Udon Thani have now introduced Falang ID Cards in bright pink..

If you own a property you get an ID card the number is based on your blue or yellow book i.e family book.

There no info on the matter but my guess is that its retirement visas or family visas that this applies.

The card stays with you for the rest of your life and the same number as this is based on the Thai system and has nothing to do with your passport  or passport number...

I just wonder what are the future plans for all province in Thailand and whats the big picture..!

thats the card for a permenant resident.  you can google the terms and conditions for applying, but they include... passabe spoken thai.  a good investment for sure

In a few months I will be eligible for P.R. here in HK.

I will apply, not that I intend to stay here for life, but can be handy sometimes, and no more need for work permit.

And no, you dont need to speak Chinese........

I have a Pink thai ID card, issued by Pattaya Town Hall. The trick is getting the yellow book first, which involves your passport page being certified by UK Embassy in Bangkok, and then translated by thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Laksi.

I have one of these.... I got it about three weeks ago....... I am on a Retirement Visa.

This is how I went about it in Roi Et......

I went to the Amphur Office in Roi Et on a Tuesday to enquire how to go about it.... what to bring...etc. I was told the following.

They only do the Card for Farangs between the hours of 2pm - 4.30pm in the afternoon.

I had to bring my Passport along with copies of my detail page and the Retirement Visa Stamp.

I had to bring my Yellow Book with copies of my details that show my address.

I also took along my drivers license and a copy to confirm my address but was not needed.

I arrived the next day Wednesday at 2.30pm and was the only farang there at that time.  I was taken to a desk where a young fellow said he would be the one to give me the card if I had all the right information.

1.  He checked the copies of the pages to my passport to see if the matched. 

2. He checked the copies from my Yellow book with the pages in the Yellow Book. I also gave him the copies of my license along with my license but he said it was not necessary.

3. He then asked me some questions which he typed the answers into the computer. The question where.......

Nationality

Religion...if any

Height

Weight

Blood Type

4.  He then took a photo of me for the records and for the Card.

I then was told to wait and they would call me. After about 5 minutes I was presented with my new Pink ID Card. He then explained that the card was good forever as lanzalad has said and you do not have to renew it. There was a 60baht cost for the process.

All up... the process took about 25 minutes from walking in to walking out. This was my experience in Roi Et..... as TIT..... the experience may differ from Amphur to Amphur.

On a side note......to get my Yellow Book I did not have to get my passport page or anything else verified by my Embassy (Australian) nor get anything translated by the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs at Laksi....... maybe people of a particular nationality have to do that....... but in my case.... it was not needed.

cheers

1 hour ago, roobob said:

I have one of these.... I got it about three weeks ago....... I am on a Retirement Visa.

This is how I went about it in Roi Et......

I went to the Amphur Office in Roi Et on a Tuesday to enquire how to go about it.... what to bring...etc. I was told the following.

They only do the Card for Farangs between the hours of 2pm - 4.30pm in the afternoon.

I had to bring my Passport along with copies of my detail page and the Retirement Visa Stamp.

I had to bring my Yellow Book with copies of my details that show my address.

I also took along my drivers license and a copy to confirm my address but was not needed.

I arrived the next day Wednesday at 2.30pm and was the only farang there at that time.  I was taken to a desk where a young fellow said he would be the one to give me the card if I had all the right information.

1.  He checked the copies of the pages to my passport to see if the matched. 

2. He checked the copies from my Yellow book with the pages in the Yellow Book. I also gave him the copies of my license along with my license but he said it was not necessary.

3. He then asked me some questions which he typed the answers into the computer. The question where.......

Nationality

Religion...if any

Height

Weight

Blood Type

4.  He then took a photo of me for the records and for the Card.

I then was told to wait and they would call me. After about 5 minutes I was presented with my new Pink ID Card. He then explained that the card was good forever as lanzalad has said and you do not have to renew it. There was a 60baht cost for the process.

All up... the process took about 25 minutes from walking in to walking out. This was my experience in Roi Et..... as TIT..... the experience may differ from Amphur to Amphur.

On a side note......to get my Yellow Book I did not have to get my passport page or anything else verified by my Embassy (Australian) nor get anything translated by the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs at Laksi....... maybe people of a particular nationality have to do that....... but in my case.... it was not needed.

cheers

Puts the never buy merchants in a hole .. still keeps it fresh ????