Latest News
  • FREE HOLIDAYS to Midnight and CBK --- Any more for any more..? *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 27th of July... it would be great to see you if your in town...!

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
The Town Crier

Hanoi lets bars, restaurants stay open longer to boost tourism

Pattaya One Media Group -

Hanoi has decided to allow restaurants and bars in the downtown Hoan Kiem District to stay open through 2 a.m. on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, easing a midnight curfew that has somewhat diminished the city’s thriving nightlife.

Officials said at a meeting Wednesday that the new hours will take effect from the beginning of September, and may be applied to weekdays after the trial phase.

The businesses will have to follow regulations including age limits and noise levels.
Currently all restaurants, cafés, nightclubs and karaoke parlors in Hanoi have to close at midnight though bars and clubs at top-tier hotels and resorts are allowed to stay up until 2 a.m.

Nguyen Duc Chung, Hanoi’s chairman, said certain bars have been breaking the midnight curfew, so giving them two extra legal hours will facilitate management and make sure tourists are properly served.

Chung alluded to a possible extension to the midnight curfew at a national tourism conference earlier this month, saying that many foreigners consider the night life in Hanoi “a specialty,” and the city should offer more of it.

Many tourists in the capital, as well as Ho Chi Minh City, have complained about the lack of night activities, with some saying they have nothing to do other than drink beer on sidewalks.

Hanoi, a 1,000-year-old city, has become a popular travel destination. It has been named the best value destination by TripAdvisor for three years.

The city received around 3.3 million foreign visitors last year and hopes to get 5.7 million by 2020.

Report shared by HanoiJack News Asia

Like the HanoiJack Facebook page to receive News Asia Fee

Hanoi Bars to stay open later. Em Cafe in Bo De, Hanoi Cafe Em 1 Em Cafe - Bo De, Hanoi Em Cafe - Bo De, Hanoi

The post Hanoi lets bars, restaurants stay open longer to boost tourism

View the full article

When I was there in June the place was abdolutely heaving, it just shut at midnight but most people were off the street well before that time. In fact I would think the majority of tourists actually seek their entertainment during the daytime as those activities on offer would be the main reason for a visit and were certainly mine.

It was a great atmosphere but the streets were mostly heaving due to young Vietnamese and backpackers partying and not 'quality' tourists needing a booze hit although drink is very cheap.

I've been sat on those little streets drinking at 1am many times before in this area. Only time i have ever seen the cops, and they came by every 45 minutes or so, was to (forcibly) remove chairs and tables that have encroached off the "pavement" and onto the street"

benidorm is 6 am in the tourist area.just saying like,and is busy.you dont get sent to bed in spain.

18 hours ago, firth1974 said:

I've been sat on those little streets drinking at 1am many times before in this area. Only time i have ever seen the cops, and they came by every 45 minutes or so, was to (forcibly) remove chairs and tables that have encroached off the "pavement" and onto the street"

We have been moved out of a bar and the bar closed on more than one occasion at midnight in that area, so to me it is good they are extending the hours.