Latest News
  • *** Don't forget about this months friday 28th, drinks with vpi78 @ The Rock House on friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months friday 28th, drinks with vpi78 @ The Rock House on friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months friday 28th, drinks with vpi78 @ The Rock House on friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months friday 28th, drinks with vpi78 @ The Rock House on friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months friday 28th, drinks with vpi78 @ The Rock House on friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months friday 28th, drinks with vpi78 @ The Rock House on friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...!

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
firth1974

The Ukrainian peace tour trip report......2016

Starting off just fine, I will be an avid reader of the TR as it will no doubt be as interesting as per usual.

1 hour ago, firth1974 said:

First time I have ever taken a "train" between one terminal and another there.

O'Hare in Chicago has the same set-up as it is a massive airport. Looking forward to the rest of the TR.  

• Like 1

im interested,my mates wife is from Ukraine.just arrived in the UK.be nice to see as ive only heard from him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, matthewh said:

im interested,my mates wife is from Ukraine.just arrived in the UK.be nice to see as ive only heard from him.

Good thread..hope it keeps going w/o any more disruptions. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mrgreenjeans said:

Good thread..hope it keeps going w/o any more disruptions. 

I hope so to.

1 hour ago, firth1974 said:

I hope so to.

Firth, don't be bothered by a few shit comments if it happens, a LOT of people appreciate your reports, this including me.

• Like 4

Day 1 Continued.................

There really isn't much in Kiev airport. Car rental desks, a small coffee stand and a money exchange on the arrivals level, 2 coffee shops and a pub/restaurant on the departures level, and that sums it up!!
Since my last visit, they seem to have shut down the domestics terminal and UIA have moved all there operations into the same terminal now!! Talk about congestion. Domestic check in was fairly simple, and done with a smile, from a very cute blond girl behind the desk. Minimal English, but the smile made up for that. Whilst sat down in that area, some Russian "tries" to start a conversation with me, and this is the first time I've had a conversation via google translate on my iPad. Seems he has just arrived back from Paris and he lost his ATM card there, and can I help him get into Kiev! Stood my ground and told him no ( telling him to f**k off doesn't actually translate very well into Russian on google translate! I know as I tried to type it and show him, and he just scratched his head with a blank look on his face!!!!!!! Lol)

Why is it whenever I travel away somewhere, I always get delayed flights!!! This one from Kiev was no different, but only 35 minutes late. After security for domestics, there is ZERO things in the departure area. One small coffee stall, that's it. Still, just to sit there and people watch and stare at girls makes the time fly by very quick. Even though the the old domestic terminal is shut down now, there still have to bus you to this area for your flight. That's a 15 minute bus ride away!!!! Another non eventful flight, although the plane we are on is a little Embrear E145, and this is a really small aircraft. Seating is in a 1-2 configuration, and I make way from my seat for a mother and daughter team can sit together. Daughter has looooooooong legs and the most striking emerald green eyes I have ever seen on a girl. Amazing!! We take off in a snow storm and land in a rain storm!!! Haven't seen this for a very long time, but as sound as we have wheels down on the runway, the whole plane starts to clap and cheer very loudly! I wonder if I'm lucky to be alive right now. Lol
The terminal building here is some very delightful soviet era styled building that is huge on the outside, and yet is only used in a very small room inside for the flights here. Btw, there is only 1 departure at 7am to Kiev, and one arrival at 9.55pm from Kiev. It's not a very well used airport.
The girl that I've been set up with is here to meet me, ( and luckily for me that's she is here,mad no English spoken, and not even a single taxi here to meet the passengers from the plane) and the only thing I can say when I meet her is WOW!!! Slightly shorter than me, but Jesus Christ, is she stunningly beautiful. And speaks great English too, as she works in a American school here in Chernivtsi. We manage to steal someone's taxi, and lucky for me that we did, otherwise I would still be there stood in the rain right now!!! Same hotel as last time, and even the same room too, the suite room. Reception speak zero English as well, and looks like I'm on  for a great week with my non existent Russian and against their non existent English. We chat and hug, and she heads home as she is working tomorrow. I'm alone now, and this other girl I had arranged to come over and visit me ( as I shagged her a few times 2 years ago, for free!!!) now decides that midnight is too late for her to come here. Guess I'm sleeping alone tonight now!!

So, off to bed now, and I'll write up day 2 after it has happened. All I know about day 2 is that I'm off to the cinema later ( with my set up girl) to see an American movie dubbed into Russian, which should be a lot of fun!!
  • Like 1

Good detailed TR. Looking forward to the rest.

Stunning girls in Russia and Ukraine. Makes a refreshing change from Thailand...lol

Edited by john42

2 hours ago, john42 said:

Stunning girls in Russia and Ukraine. Makes a refreshing change from Thailand...lol

:laugh:

6 hours ago, john42 said:

Yeah, I wouldn't mind a trip to one of the Eastern European countries for a change and also places like Berlin have a good  scene going, so I was told by a friend of mine who has been there several times.  It is interesting to see the comparison with the hedonistic scene elsewhere and Thailand 

Day 2.......................

Up at the crack of dawn this morning, no idea why though. Guess this bed is as hard as nails and is killing my back! Anyway, have arranged to meet a good friend of mine this morning, her and her daughter. When I last saw her, she was 5 months pregnant so today I get to meet her little one for the first time. As is typical I suppose of all girls, she is late to pick me up and I'm left standing outside in the cold winters air, freezing my nuts off! It might only be 4oC, but the wind chill factor makes it feel more like -5oC! Eventually she arrives and we drive off into town in the taxi. Seems Schumacher is still alive and driving taxis for a living now, as we take one of the fastest drives I've ever had in a taxi, now cobbled roads, with more potholes than a Thai road, swerving in and out of traffic!! Make it into town, just, and we walk along the main drag and pop into the school that she works in and alway the other girl works in! To say she is embarrassed that I'm there is an understatement, as she blushes as all the other girls start chatting about the Englishman in their mist!!

The one thing about ukraine is you will never go without coffee here. More coffee  shops than you can shake a stick at here, and all as flash as the next one as they try to out do each other! My friends daughter is a little live wire. She loves to dance!  The coffee has music blaring out and she just moves like she is in a back street boys video!!

Afterwards we head off and meet up with the girl from earlier for lunch. We hit their  restaurant in their main area, that is huge inside, and also brews its own beer. The food is good, but the beer is better, it is a real delight to drink it. The dark beer is good, but the blonde for me is even better!! I will be coming back here again soon!!

As me and the girl have decided to hit Lviv this weekend, we need train tickets, so take a taxi to the station to buy them. Easier said than done, as the girl behind the 5 foot away counter proceeds to tell us that they are no train seats available for any train on the day we need, or the day before that! It's looking like we can't go, and all I'm thinking about is the fact that the hotel and ballet tickets I have already bought and paid for are going to go to waste. We tell the go that their website is stating tickets fir sale, but this seems to only piss her off more, and we are ordering out of the line!!!!!!!!!!!
So we walk back into town up the steep cobbled road. This is where I now discover that most of Chernivtsi is built on a series of hills!! I wish I was fitter!! We hit this little restaurant called Lviv croissant, as as you can guess, sells croissants. These things are HUGE, and you get it all freshly made with filings in front of you. I wasn't to sure at first, but these are good. 

I double check the that tickets are available and sure as a bear shits in the woods, there are tickets still available. Not just a few, but  157 tickets!!! No idea why she has said none left. As I want to book tickets there and then, I'm told that I will need an Ukrainian key board, as her name must be written in Ukrainian script to match her ID, so we head off to the Maiden area to hit the supermarket and then back to her apartment to use her laptop and book tickets. One thing I have noticed in Chernivtsi, is even though it is a university town, with a huge international student population, there no Internet cafes here!! Strange.

She tries to book tickets for the train in Ukrainian, but she can't. T he system keeps telling her that her email address is wrong and won't allow the transaction to take place. Hmmmmmmmmmm! So after 5 seconds of thinking, I give it a try. Tap on the English button on the webpage to see what I'm doing, and it's easy to tell why it won't work. Seems in the local language that it asks for a password, so she is putting in her email account password, but it don't work. So after clicking the page into English , it's actually asking for her name to spelt! Go figure!!! The Ukrainian translation into English that I tried does state password, and not your name!!! No idea why. Manage to book tickets to Lviv on my MasterCard, but can't book them for coming back. They seem to have blocked my account because of a foreign transaction. It's always a wise thing to tell the bank your going away aboard. I didn't! Rookie mistake on my part!!

She has decided that tomorrow we will be going to to some place that has a huge castle there, a it's not to far away from where we are now. Don't ask me where it is, as I have now idea. I'm just getting ready for the magical mystery tour tomorrow. It's now getting very late and I head home to get some sleep. Wonder what tomorrow will bring to me?
  • Like 1

Great update; hope you make it back from Lviv but sounds like a cash only deal.  I had my card stopped once and they insisted in sending me a new one, not much use when already overseas.