Latest News
  • *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 31st of August... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 31st of August... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 31st of August... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 31st of August... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 31st of August... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 31st of August... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 31st of August... it would be great to see you if your in town...!

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
firth1974

Khotyn stronghold, Ukraine. 2016

So, the trip report got cut short after 3 days, due to my iPad taking a swan dive off the balcony on my hotel in Lviv. Who knew that an iPad could be destroyed into so many small pieces!!!!! Hundreds of bits remained, but couldnt be glued back together again.

So, now im just going to compile a series of photo essays from the places i visited during my trip to the Ukraine. Any questions, about anything, please feel free to ask away...................................

This is the Khotyn stronghold, in the (very) small town of Khotyn, in South West Ukraine. Not the easiest place to get to by any means, but luckily ony a 2 hour bus ride away from the town of Chernivtsi, where i was basing myself.

IMG_0004_zpsa0yddyyk.jpg

IMG_0012_zps2daxikac.jpg

IMG_0013_zpssaubmo8a.jpg

IMG_0014_zpsbn1xkefc.jpg

IMG_0020_zpsp3dsnfsb.jpg

IMG_0024_zpsge5pxujk.jpg

IMG_0025_zpsudv55bmn.jpg

IMG_0027_zpshv5lsw9f.jpg

IMG_0030_zpspzopfiv0.jpg

IMG_0029_zps3ej0v1a2.jpg

IMG_0034_zpsupzr3qkq.jpg

IMG_0036_zpsm996fcal.jpg

IMG_0039_zps65m9tnfy.jpg

IMG_0040_zpsqyo4b7e5.jpg

IMG_0042_zpss5gl0e5v.jpg

IMG_0047_zpsdvjy1qkp.jpg

IMG_0053_zpsku0gu4cb.jpg

IMG_0054_zpsurvd3mf5.jpg

IMG_0059_zpsyh7fdtd4.jpg

URL=http://s778.photobucket.com/user/Firth1974/media/Ukraine%202016/IMG_0155_zpsolcndyhz.jpg.html]IMG_0155_zpsolcndyhz.jpg[/URL]

IMG_0157_zpshiaqax8g.jpg

IMG_0161_zps25esdaih.jpg

IMG_0162_zpsgqamxv5w.jpg

IMG_0163_zpsmbhids3e.jpg

IMG_0170_zpscvtij5bf.jpg

IMG_0178_zpsq2fdtp3o.jpg

IMG_0180_zpsxmihvrxf.jpg

IMG_0181_zps0o99uvyp.jpg

IMG_0186_zpsf8qhznwt.jpg

IMG_0200_zpszakrzpte.jpg

IMG_0202_zpscnlj5w8j.jpg

IMG_0209_zps2pgwynze.jpg

IMG_0211_zpsegp29a96.jpg

IMG_0219_zpsfwnwzwej.jpg

IMG_0223_zpsqzgmxz0d.jpg

IMG_0226_zpsb1en1niv.jpg

IMG_0228_zpsmnynvswy.jpg

IMG_0229_zps4pnfrbcp.jpg

IMG_0233_zps74n9jyvn.jpg

IMG_0236_zpswkv1yaxw.jpg

IMG_0240_zpsbkpsbpbp.jpg

IMG_0245_zpspywlwyzd.jpg

IMG_0247_zpsas2rtx9f.jpg

IMG_0249_zpsoczqfcwu.jpg

IMG_0252_zpsy54ojbgu.jpg

IMG_0254_zpshs5obxbx.jpg

Now we are back on track. Indeed a cool looking place, obviously an historical site of significance. 

Love the pics.

Sorry about the IPAD, were you trying to record balcony liaisons. Luckily it was only the IPAD that took a swallow dive.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, The Tongue said:

Now we are back on track. Indeed a cool looking place, obviously an historical site of significance. 

Love the pics.

Sorry about the IPAD, were you trying to record balcony liaisons. Luckily it was only the IPAD that took a swallow dive.

Yeah, only had my iPad and iPhone with me on this trip, and no way in hell i'm doing a TR on a phone!!

This is a major castle in the Ukraine, of great importance. This whole area of SW Ukraine is littered with about 100 castles in varying degrees of condition.