Latest News
  • FREE HOLIDAYS to Midnight and CBK --- Any more for any more..? *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 27th of July... it would be great to see you if your in town...!

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
Al McReady

What would you say the biggest change is within yourself during the last decade?

44 minutes ago, Al McReady said:

I've become less sociable. I also don't put up with any bullshit anymore.

Same same ,  the morons and liars you meet here used to amuse me not any more I can't be around these type of people.

I have met some great guys in Thailand but some pure scum also , they get full backed...?

51 minutes ago, Al McReady said:

This by about 1000%, I could not be bothered to socialize at all any more.

53 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

am a hi drive bloke but find that the energy is gone by 2pm.  now actually take afternoon naps FFS.. next someone will give me slippers and a pipe

And it gets worse as you get older

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nickrock said:

And it gets worse as you get older

iam finding it to be the opposite, few years back I needed a solid 10hrs sleep a night, now I get at most 3hrs of broken sleep a night and seem to function OK.

6 minutes ago, mrgreenjeans said:

I'm finding it easier to sniff out abject liars. ? 

are you  calling me a liar ?

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Fondles said:

iam finding it to be the opposite, few years back I needed a solid 10hrs sleep a night, now I get at most 3hrs of broken sleep a night and seem to function OK.

been operating on 3 or 4 hours sleep a night for about 15 years now .

my biggest change , mmmmmm .

probably that i drink a lot less nowadays .

12 minutes ago, mulphy said:

been operating on 3 or 4 hours sleep a night for about 15 years now .

its f**ked isn't it, myself Ive only been doing it since my stroke.

I prolly should add my stroke to the list and the by products of it;

complete loss of appetite and anything I do force down my throat tastes  metallic.

sleep

drastic reduction in beer intake

weight loss (20kgs to date)

talk like iam drunk

complete loss of strength in right arm

cannot walk more than 50m at a time

etc etc.

Edited by Fondles

1 hour ago, mrgreenjeans said:

I'm finding it easier to sniff out abject liars. ? 

Good to see you are self aware :laugh:

I moved into my slum ( 1,000 baht a month) around 4 years ago through necessity as both my apartments in Naklua were being rented out but funds were low.

Now I can afford to buy something else and move out I have realised how much I love living here. I love my slum and I love being with the people that suround me.I love the feral cats that come in from time to time for a quick feed. Me and the cats have a mutually beneficial relationship, I feed them and they squirt the love juice out their arse ends which keeps the rats away..

It seems all my life I have worked for a "better life" but what a load of bollocks that is.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tiny Todger said:

I moved into my slum ( 1,000 baht a month) around 4 years ago through necessity as both my apartments in Naklua were being rented out but funds were low.

Now I can afford to buy something else and move out I have realised how much I love living here. I love my slum and I love being with the people that suround me.I love the feral cats that come in from time to time for a quick feed. Me and the cats have a mutually beneficial relationship, I feed them and they squirt the love juice out their arse ends which keeps the rats away..

It seems all my life I have worked for a "better life" but what a load of bollocks that is.

Contentment is a great thing Tiny, good for you mate ....

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Tiny Todger said:

Good for you, I'm sure it sounds bizzare to some but I can certainly relate to it.

Couple of years ago i was ready to start building a big fcuk off house on a large plot of land just outside of Pattaya.

I was back in the UK visiting my mum when she suddenly passed away, a blessing really as she was gone with demetia and had no quality of life.

Her passing put a lot of things into perspective for me. I realised that the only reason i was going to build a big house was to impress others, I didn't need it or actually want it.

Ended up buying a much more modest sized place which has turned out to be a much better family home as we spend more time together.

As has been said before, as I've got older i give less and less a toss about what people outside of my immediate family think of us and just do what we want when we want.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Parky said:

Contentment is a great thing Tiny, good for you mate ....

Some of you saw me and the Miss. Well this morning I decided,.feck it all, we stay home. We spend the day like 17 y teens playing around,.went out to buy some stuff, leaving our phones at home. 

We lived without them for years, so what the hell have they become important now ?

And no, not gonna say how many times I.did it today, but not too bad for a.pensioner......

• Like 3

Just now, thai spice said:

Some of you saw me and the Miss. Well this morning I decided,.feck it all, we stay home. We spend the day like 17 y teens playing around,.went out to buy some stuff, leaving our phones at home. 

We lived without them for years, so what the hell have they become important now ?

And no, not gonna say how many times I.did it today, but not too bad for a.pensioner......

Good for you mate, life is to be enjoyed... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thai spice said:

They have become important because the human race has become less confident as individuals in their private and business lives. They are less able to "deal" with situations in almost all aspects of life. All that is missing is a phone to wipe yer ass with..

Is it a coincidence that Linus' security blanket in Snoopy cartoons could easily be redrawn as a mobile phone..???

certain parts of my anatomy have been removed and many of the remaining bits and pieces are non functional

but i do the best i can

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Al McReady said:

Yeah that's me as well. I have become more intolerant of time wasters and have come to realize time is too precious to be spending much of it with those that bore me.

• Like 3

Since being diagnosed with type 2 Diabetes, I have become very self aware about health. Given up smoking eating shit and upped exercise by 1000%.

Still get tired though. Age is relentless!

I find I get socially excited much quicker than I used to (less beers before it happens) but like a muggins I mostly keep going as I enjoy a beer or twenty even though I know I should slow down and be a little healthier.