Latest News
  • The Latest lottery News
  • 15-12-2017- Good news for all the lottery syndicate players - - - Yet again this week the lucky dip tacket - - -

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
lanzalad

GOV’T APPROVES 10-YEAR VISAS FOR FOREIGNERS OVER 50

GOV’T APPROVES 10-YEAR VISAS FOR FOREIGNERS OVER 50

BANGKOK — Affluent foreign residents over 50 will soon be able to apply for 10-year visas, a government spokesman said Tuesday.

Intended to promote Thailand as a hub for medical services, the policy was approved by the interim cabinet on Tuesday, according to spokesman Athisit Chainuwat.

It would replace one-year renewable visas and come in two installments of five years each, Athisit said. It was not immediately clear when the plan would be implemented.

Applicants must either earn a monthly salary of at least 100,000 baht or have more than 3 million baht in their bank account, which cannot be withdrawn within the first year after receiving the visa. They must also have health insurance that covers hospital stays and provides at least USD$10,000 in annual coverage.

Visa holders will still have to check in every 90 days with the Bureau of Immigration, Athisit said.

Applicants for the visa are expected to be foreigners who live in provinces such as Chiang Rai, Chiang Mai and Chonburi, the spokesman added.

HERES THE LINK

46 minutes ago, matthewh said:

60 thousand in a thai bank.i don't think so.

Would not even cover 10 years of expenses, so not that much. 

• Like 1

Just now, Esco said:

I agree but why should it be untouched for 1 year.it is the guys money and he has earnt it.a crappy visa in my book.i know guys on retirement visas who haven't a pot to piss in,they hand it in and pay=sorted.

13 minutes ago, matthewh said:

I agree but why should it be untouched for 1 year.it is the guys money and he has earnt it.a crappy visa in my book.i know guys on retirement visas who haven't a pot to piss in,they hand it in and pay=sorted.

Its for people that can afford it mate. 

If you can't afford don't apply and stick with another visa. 

• Like 2

Just now, Esco said:

Its for people that can afford it mate. 

If you can't afford don't apply and stick with another visa. 

I know that and I think applicants will be few.obviously im glad that there is a 10 year visa.seems to me that Thailand is strict on entry and exit,once in between those 2 you could be anybody,as I say I know  somebody who has 2 pensions,no property or anything.he hands it all in and collects it a week later.obviously they show the money for a fee.

it will be so easy to pay 60000 into say our kasikorn account.to do the opposite doesn'tbare thinking about.

Problem is that this shows once again that any guy at the top can change the rules on a wimp, depending on what dreams he had the night before.....

Cancel existing rules, invent new ones grabbed out of the sky etc.....

When I will settle down somewhere, what I want is peace of mind.    

Not having to think when I wake up  some Somchai with any kind of uniform has decided to change the rules during the night.....

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, thai spice said:

Problem is that this shows once again that any guy at the top can change the rules on a wimp, depending on what dreams he had the night before.....

Not having to think when I wake up  some Somchai with any kind of uniform has decided to change the rules during the night.....

Agree strongly. Everything is constant change here. Nothing planned or thought out. Cambodia has it right. Allowing easy visas, investments and no work regulations.

Thailand has PUSSY. All it has going for it now in relation to other developing Countries. And that becomes wearying. Listening to the same old pish every bar you go to.

• Like 2

the holiday environment is now sadly regulated.they have to do something as people are voting with their feet.i don't mean of late when the country has been in mourning.

Just now, thai spice said:

cartoon land mate.i remember on my day walks peeking in vacant police boxes.what do you see a load of comics.sums it up really

5 hours ago, Esco said:

Agreed or the 100k a month income , easy many retirees.

Might as well buy the Thai elite visa.A one time payment, rolling visa for 20 odd years depending on which visa package you do.

• Like 1

My concern was the wording 'replace the 1 year renewable visa'.

I am not in the position to deposit 60000 pounds in a Thai bank. I have the money offshore but not with a view to taking that amount out and leaving it to grow mold for a year in the Kasikorn bank.

The yearly retirement extension works well for me.

35 minutes ago, The Tongue said:

My concern was the wording 'replace the 1 year renewable visa'.

I am not in the position to deposit 60000 pounds in a Thai bank. I have the money offshore but not with a view to taking that amount out and leaving it to grow mold for a year in the Kasikorn bank.

The yearly retirement extension works well for me.

At the current exchange rate your looking at £68,000

If after a year of your money sitting in the bank the rate has gone upto 50 baht to the £ then you have lost £8,000

At least it gives those that want to stay another option. I'm sure this will be a nice little earner for pattaya visa companies. 

1 hour ago, dcfc2007 said:

At least it gives those that want to stay another option. I'm sure this will be a nice little earner for pattaya visa companies. 

Yes I will be in touch with Paul at ThaiVisa Express come nearer the time although I have another option that revolves around the guardianship/responsibility for my daughter.

Just now, The Tongue said:

Yes I will be in touch with Paul at ThaiVisa Express come nearer the time although I have another option that revolves around the guardianship/responsibility for my daughter.

No visa system is perfect but credit where credit is due. 

I believe this works well for both farang and thais alike. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this