Latest News
  • *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on Friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on Friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on Friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on Friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on Friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on Friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...!

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
lanzalad

Pattaya to Hua Hin Ferry Ready to Go

I wonder how long this will run for..?

Pattaya to Hua Hin Ferry Ready to Go

After months of speculation, backwards and forwards over correct paperwork etc. the proposed ferry service from Pattaya to Hua Hin and back is set to make it’s first journey on January 12th.

The main hold up has been due concerns over the stability of the Bali Hai peer however, reinforcements have now been made and final checks will have been completed by the end of this month, according to Harbor Master Ekarat Khantaro.

The vessel that will be put into action has been made in china and is currently in the process of delivery here to Thailand. It is said to be 38 meters long, with a capacity to carry 339 seated passengers.

Top speed is a whopping 34 knots meaning a total journey time of approximately 1 hour 45 minutes to reach it’s destination.

Cost of the service has not yet been confirmed, but reports say that it will be around the 1,200 Baht mark for a one-way ticket.

pattaya-boat-hua-hin.jpg

58 minutes ago, Al McReady said:

Good stuff!

I think it will use the pier across from Buffalo Bills.

• Like 2

I don't think there will be many set sail for that price.i give it 2 months.although there is a direct redline baht bus link.

26 minutes ago, matthewh said:

I don't think there will be many set sail for that price.i give it 2 months.although there is a direct redline baht bus link.

Will probably fill it with package tour groups.

Just now, Buckfast said:

I hope it does stay but 500 baht would be nearer the mark.

The ferry hasn't been delivered yet and they are planning a start up date 12th January 2017. In that case I hope all the Thai staff have been in China learning how to operate the boat in a safe manner. There will not be enough time for this to happen once it arrives in Thailaand.

Sorry but for me there have been too many boating tragedies in SE Asia for me to feel comfortable using this service for awhile yet.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, thegrogmonster said:

The ferry hasn't been delivered yet and they are planning a start up date 12th January 2017. In that case I hope all the Thai staff have been in China learning how to operate the boat in a safe manner. There will not be enough time for this to happen once it arrives in Thailaand.

Sorry but for me there have been to many boating tragedies in SE Asia for me to feel comfortable using this service for awhile yet.

Agreed I sure wouldn't be on the maiden voyage. 

There are a shitload of these ferries in the Philippines and they go down all the time

• Like 1

Just now, thegrogmonster said:

Sorry but for me there have been to many boating tragedies in SE Asia for me to feel comfortable using this service for awhile yet.

yes we have a point.safety.!!!.will lifejackets be compulsory or just 1 big free for all.if it gets busy will the numbers be restricted or crammed on.?.minibus is best.

6 hours ago, Buckfast said:

That would be the logical choice if serving Hua Hin. It is not a big pier and the ferry would probably be the largest vessel to dock there.

9 hours ago, Buckfast said:

yup...will be another 10 plus years before the Chinese are FIT tourists versus full on packaged. Would of been 20 years if not for the crack down on the zero tour thingy recently.

You read how that Chinese tour group attacked airport personnel at Hokkaido airport yesterday because of flight cancellations due to worst snowstorm in a generation.....jeez, when will they learn how to travel? I remember as a kid it was the big bad ugly American traveler who was the scrounge......far far from those days now.

• Like 1

First nice day predicted by the weather wizards and I'm paying the freight, that is gonna be my wild and adventuouse thing to do for the year 2017. I'll take pictures and post on Pattaya_Live. Which color life vest should I wear for quick spotting; Orange or Lime Yellow. I was thinking of pasting a few 500 baht notes on it as a safety measure.

• Like 2

Just now, JONPAT said:

First nice day predicted by the weather wizards and I'm paying the freight, that is gonna be my wild and adventuouse thing to do for the year 2017. I'll take pictures and post on Pattaya_Live. Which color life vest should I wear for quick spotting; Orange or Lime Yellow. I was thinking of pasting a few 500 baht notes on it as a safety measure.

life jackets.???.if there are any make it lime yellow.

4 hours ago, STARGAZER said:

yup...will be another 10 plus years before the Chinese are FIT tourists versus full on packaged. Would of been 20 years if not for the crack down on the zero tour thingy recently.

You read how that Chinese tour group attacked airport personnel at Hokkaido airport yesterday because of flight cancellations due to worst snowstorm in a generation.....jeez, when will they learn how to travel? I remember as a kid it was the big bad ugly American traveler who was the scrounge......far far from those days now.

Agreed, every time I took the ferry to Macau (once a week for months), the passenger were of course over 90% mainlanders.  Always was thinking "hopefully nothing bad happens, I can not imagine the mayhem in case of accident with a load of f**kers like that...."

16 hours ago, Buckfast said:

Good stuff a 5 /10 minute walk to Jings.:cool:

BREAKING NEWS

Hua Hin introduce three tiered pricing.

Thai Price

Farang Price

Scum from Pattaya Price 

(Stolen from TV forum)

3 minutes ago, matthewh said:

so it is happening this time.the boat looks ok to be fair.

15727218_10154906328718453_1654328113535171718_n.jpg15747867_10154906328678453_7975825037967251732_n.jpg

So did the titanic 

• Like 1