Latest News
  • *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 31st of August... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 31st of August... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 31st of August... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 31st of August... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 31st of August... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 31st of August... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 31st of August... it would be great to see you if your in town...!

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
scotty

Yellow book/ID card

A couple of my friends have got a yellow 'house' book for proof of residence and also an ID card issued by the Amphur.

Has any one here done this and got any tips for obtaining them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got a few other things to do but plan to do it early next week.

Be interesting to see how we get on as I will be doing mine in Rayong and I guess you will be doing yours in Banglamung.

5 minutes ago, scotty said:

I've got a few other things to do but plan to do it early next week.

Be interesting to see how we get on as I will be doing mine in Rayong and I guess you will be doing yours in Banglamung.

yes it will be banglamung for me .

they actually offered me one on my wedding day years ago while registering the marraige at the amphur .

i declined it .

stupid boy .

On 1/22/2017 at 10:22 PM, mulphy said:

yes it will be banglamung for me .

they actually offered me one on my wedding day years ago while registering the marraige at the amphur .

i declined it .

stupid boy .

What benefit does this card provide boss? 

3 hours ago, Buckfast said:

What benefit does this card provide boss? 

it acts in exactly the same way as a blue book does for thais and therfor cuts out a lot of red tape for foreigners .

18 minutes ago, mulphy said:

it acts in exactly the same way as a blue book does for thais and therfor cuts out a lot of red tape for foreigners .

There is a thread on Thai Visa that's been running about a year and  I can't see any benefit.

I've had similar cards in Japan and the Philippines and they can be used to show residence in the country instead of a passport but that's not the case in Thailand.

They are useful for proof of address when banks etc require it. Get it translated and notarised, I need this as I don't have any utility bills etc in my name.

Seems mostly like a cool thing to have. Especially to flash around since most Thais think foreigners can't get one

Its use full  item  to have, as it works same res cert  if you purchase vehicles or go renew your driving license, I managed to get one about 8 years ago,but had to apply banglamund office next to police station on suk as I live off soi 53  I seem to remember they asked for letter from my uk embassy,luckily I had recently had one for a lost passport so didnt have to apply again for one.I greased the wheels with a 500 bht ,it took a few weeks to make and the official cost was very little