Latest News
  • *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...!

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Happy Falang

buying copy DVDs in Thailand

Guest Happy Falang

It seams that every bar in Pattaya has the same people coming in and out with hands full of copy DVD's but with everything on the internet now and with my media android box i don't bother any more.

I would buy in the past but i would always leave them in Thailand and never travel back home with them just incase i was stopped at customs.

Do you still buy them ?

You need to first determine if you want to be a thief.

There are several ways to do it.

1) walk into Big C and stuff a DVD down your trousers and walk out.

2) buy illegal copies of DVDs

3) download illegal copies or watch illegal streams on a device

They are all the same to me. 

29 minutes ago, Buckfast said:

You need to first determine if you want to be a thief.

There are several ways to do it.

1) walk into Big C and stuff a DVD down your trousers and walk out.

2) buy illegal copies of DVDs

3) download illegal copies or watch illegal streams on a device

They are all the same to me. 

I would venture to say I have one of the largest legit DVD and CVD collections in all of Asia. Been probably 10 years since I bought but back in the day when they were the rage and I lived in HK I would pay USD$15.00 - $30.00 for a legit DVD from HMV or Tower versus the $2.00 I could of gotten on street. Always for artist getting their cut for IP....these days it is very hard for them to do so with all the stream ability.....and with it we see a decrease in creativity and originality. Won't be long until the producers use analytics and bots to tell us the movie and or music we like..........

11 minutes ago, STARGAZER said:

I would venture to say I have one of the largest legit DVD and CVD collections in all of Asia. Been probably 10 years since I bought but back in the day when they were the rage and I lived in HK I would pay USD$15.00 - $30.00 for a legit DVD from HMV or Tower versus the $2.00 I could of gotten on street. Always for artist getting their cut for IP....these days it is very hard for them to do so with all the stream ability.....and with it we see a decrease in creativity and originality. Won't be long until the producers use analytics and bots to tell us the movie and or music we like..........

Amazes me how someone would never consider walking around the bar in the Rockhouse and taking money out of the cash register and running out .... But will steal movies and content from me, a shareholder in media companies. 

Hands up, I'm a thief when it comes to digital media. 

In my defence the media companies were cnuts and didn't handle the beginning of their industry at all well. 

Pre digital media age I could go into a shop and buy a physical book, video tape of a movie or an LP record of my favourite band. I'd bought it, it was mine, I mean physically mine and I could do what I wanted with it. I could lend it or indeed give it to a mate if I wished. 

So the beginning of the digital media era and these cnuts are charging me the same price for a download of 1s and 0s. Plus they are telling me what I can do with the 1s and 0s. Can you believe that? The same price for something you don't physically own and can't do what you want with. They didn't even reduce the price a bit because of the savings through having no longer to have High Street stores. Plus they restricted what I could do with it. I'm told how many devices I can put it on. Gone are the days when a student could sell a bit of his record collection because he's broke. Yup they want to charge the same for something you can't really own. 

I think this sort of behaviour made people like me think fcuk you I can download shit for free and you can't tell me what to do with it. 

Musicians realised the game has changed and stopped doing loss making tours to promote album sales and now release albums that keep people interested so they'll buy expensive tickets on their money making tours. 

The movie business has to fine a way of making money from their product that they used to get from DVDs. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, thinkingallowed said:

In my defence the media companies were cnuts and didn't handle the beginning of their industry at all well. 

Pre digital media age I could go into a shop and buy a physical book, video tape of a movie or an LP record of my favourite band. I'd bought it, it was mine, I mean physically mine and I could do what I wanted with it. I could lend it or indeed give it to a mate if I wished. 

So the beginning of the digital media era and these cnuts are charging me the same price for a download of 1s and 0s. Plus they are telling me what I can do with the 1s and 0s. Can you believe that? The same price for something you don't physically own and can't do what you want with. They didn't even reduce the price a bit because of the savings through having no longer to have High Street stores. Plus they restricted what I could do with it. I'm told how many devices I can put it on. Gone are the days when a student could sell a bit of his record collection because he's broke. Yup they want to charge the same for something you can't really own. 

I think this sort of behaviour made people like me think fcuk you I can download shit for free and you can't tell me what to do with it. 

Musicians realised the game has changed and stopped doing loss making tours to promote album sales and now release albums that keep people interested so they'll buy expensive tickets on their money making tours. 

The movie business has to fine a way of making money from their product that they used to get from DVDs. 

Good post and i do exactly the same ..............Shhhh so do millions of others ;)

Since hollywood and musicians started entering politics and telling us plebs what to do, while they sit comfy in their mansions, I know download their movies and songs even if I don't like them :)

• Like 1

On 2/9/2017 at 2:48 PM, Eastboy said:

Since hollywood and musicians started entering politics and telling us plebs what to do, while they sit comfy in their mansions, I know download their movies and songs even if I don't like them :)

Typical view of a thief. Don't you realize that you are also stealing from the media company shareholders that include pension funds for elderly people for example.

On 2/9/2017 at 10:54 AM, thinkingallowed said:

In my world stealing something doesn't make it 'free'. 

On 2/9/2017 at 11:01 AM, Cat Crumpet said:

Good post and i do exactly the same ..............Shhhh so do millions of others ;)

If your car got stolen would you feel the same way?

Boss I remember when your house in korat got broken into and you weren't too happy about it. Same as stealing content from the internet.

35 minutes ago, Buckfast said:

Typical view of a thief. Don't you realize that you are also stealing from the media company shareholders that include pension funds for elderly people for example.

You're clearly compensating for something you did wrong, hence your moral grandstanding.

What was it? Did you kill a nun?

2 hours ago, Buckfast said:

If your car got stolen would you feel the same way?

Boss I remember when your house in korat got broken into and you weren't too happy about it. Same as stealing content from the internet.

If you stole my car and the car was still there because you just made a copy, I would be ok with it :)

• Like 3