Latest News
  • *** Don't forget about this months friday 28th, drinks with vpi78 @ The Rock House on friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months friday 28th, drinks with vpi78 @ The Rock House on friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months friday 28th, drinks with vpi78 @ The Rock House on friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months friday 28th, drinks with vpi78 @ The Rock House on friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months friday 28th, drinks with vpi78 @ The Rock House on friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months friday 28th, drinks with vpi78 @ The Rock House on friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...!

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
thinkingallowed

Gulf Air

One of the good things I've learned about Gulf Air is they have an on board chef who comes around to take your orders in his whites. 

Obviously he's restricted to what you can cook at 350000 ft so no BBQ ribs. Having learned that the local stuff is generally the best to order I've gone for the mezze starter and Tajine main. 

The bag of goodies... 

14919876870611227628786.jpg

Now this excited me as one or two of my favourite smells were by Cerruti but the innards held no such thing. 

Not bad though. Especially the little bottle of mouth wash. 

A general moan here, what the f**k is it with foot bags? I ain't putting a sock on that does not have a heel. Foot bags are what your aunt picked up from the local market for you for Christmas when she was pished not a business class product. 

Steak with pepper sauce seems to be a staple on biz flights, I haven't travelled biz too many times but that's what I've had on every occasion I have...

5 hours ago, The Tongue said:

Put me down for the Arabic mezze, chicken tajine and cheese and bickies.

That's exactly what I had! 

DSC_0208.JPG

DSC_0211.JPG

Spooky! 

DSC_0212.JPG

• Like 2

If I've learned anything from travelling the world it is unless you know different order something local ish. 

Food and service on the flight was superb. Particularly liked the Chablis. 

IFE was a bit strange as old and new movies were mixed up so you felt a bit disheartened when after three new films old ones came next. But keep on searching and there's plenty more. 

Seat was nice and wide but anyone looking for a full flat bed would be disappointed. Angled flat but very comfortable, you'd have to be well over six foot to complain. 

DSC_0204.JPG

DSC_0206.JPG

The small control for the IFE was quality, silver but quite "bling" 

DSC_0203.JPG

DSC_0213.JPG

Just picked up a bottle of Bombay Sapphire East in the duty free and it was priced at 10,000 whatever the local bollix is. XE.com tells me this is £21,226.86. Not exactly cheap but I feel I may be reading the receipt wrong. 

Now in the Falcon Gold lounge in Bahrain sat in the smoking room... 

DSC_0220.JPG

Haven't worked it out yet but people are getting beers delivered to their table. Obviously I will soon. 

Quick look at flightstats.com tells me GF152 to Bangkok is going to be delayed by 20 minutes. No problem as there's enough over estimation of the flight time for it to land on time. 

One possible problem I might face is Gulf Air have been known to set off without enough fast track immigration cards for Bangkok. Knowing this I'll be asking for one as soon as I board. 

So far at this price I'd highly recommend Gulf. 

The only downside so I can see is lack of fully flat beds and to be honest I've been awake now for thirty hours and had a fair bit to drink so I could sleep anywhere. 

Nice.report Mate.  Never flew with them, Emirates being my regular, but now may give it a.thought !

Enjoy your stay ! WE to BKK booked for May 5th on my side.

Good report; I have actually flown the same route in business class with Gulf. it was a good choice for the price.

Great report I can imagine the basher wailing and screaming ..??

Its not fair he sobs ?555

8 minutes ago, thinkingallowed said:

Made it to the Khon Kaen flight. I am covered in sweat from running. 

Well done mate ?

Just looking at the WE42 on my FlightRadar App, landing in 20 mins in KK, might see it going near my place.  If it wasn't Songkran I might wander 50 metres from the Hilton Escape Pad but unfortunately it is indeed Songkran.

Hurrah, landed at Khon Kaen. 

Man that was crazy at Suvarnabhumi. In 40 minutes I disembarked, did immigration, got searched at customs, down to the basement to change money, up to departures, security and ran like hell to the gate where the flight was almost fully boarded. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, thinkingallowed said:

Hurrah, landed at Khon Kaen. 

Man that was crazy at Suvarnabhumi. In 40 minutes I disembarked, did immigration, got searched at customs, down to the basement to change money, up to departures, security and ran like hell to the gate where the flight was almost fully boarded. 

Well done, how far from the airport is Mr and Mrs Thinkings drum ?