Jump to content
Latest News
  • The Latest News
  • The lottery
  • Good news for all the lottery syndicate players - - - Yet again the luckydip tickets wins....

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
lanzalad

Forum upgrade to 4.2 tonight...

Recommended Posts

The forum will be closed from 12 midnight tonight (Thai time) 6 pm GMT for around one hour 

I'm hoping everything will be done within the hour and we will be able to get back on line as soon as the upgrade is done.

Why the upgrade.. IPS who made the new software has a few issues that can only be fixed by a full package install and also IPS have asked the customer what would they like to see in the new software and have made many changes to the package and has added many new features.

Which means i will need to do a full upgrade of the package which takes around 40 minutes.

Thanks

Lanzalad

 

INFO ON THE NEW PACKAGE BELOW:-

Invision Community 4.2 is now available as a beta in the client area. The final release will be later in summer 2017.

Here is the roundup of what's new in Invision Community 4.2!

Highlights

There's a lot of new feature in 4.2 but here are a few of the highlights:

Promoting Content - A new way to promote content in your Community internally, on Facebook, and on Twitter.

promote.jpg

 

Clubs - Clubs are a brand new way of supporting sub-communities within your site. Many people have requested social group functionality in the past and Clubs are our implementation of this concept.

clubs.jpg

 

Reactions - Offer more fine-grained sentiments towards content than a simple up/down or 'like'. They are now in common usage on social networks, and so users expect to be able to be more nuanced in their response to something they see.

reaction.gif

 

Complete Your Profile - Encourage or require members to fill out the details on their profile. Also now allows for quick registration to encourage joining.

profile.jpg

 

And a whole lot more..

It goes on... here is the full list!

Be sure to visit each entry above for more information and screenshots. We hope you enjoy Invision Community 4.2!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That looks good , tomorrow we can have people whining about it I am sure, some are still angry the world was modified from flat to round ... ??

There was simply no need to pump the globe up into a ball, it was easier when it was flat...Poxy admin, no wonder they sacked that Mod Mohamed ... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well that went ok but there's still a few things we need to sort out in the background but i hope you like the look of the forum ....

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks.ok, and more important, it works...

A bit flashy, but I'll have a look at possible variants later...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, thai spice said:

Looks.ok, and more important, it works...

A bit flashy, but I'll have a look at possible variants later...

Yes it is but the style and layout is good but i am now working on a new theme and here's the colour choice:-

Screenshot at Jul 14 21-15-28.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lanzalad said:

Yes it is but the style and layout is good but i am now working on a new theme and here's the colour choice:-

Screenshot at Jul 14 21-15-28.png

Excellent, always think variants of blue works good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the work put in.

Is there a way to unfreeze the menu bar along the top so it doesn't follow me down  the page.  It's obscuring the top of the post when I select go to first unread post in a thread.   I'm running Win10 Home and Firefox 54.0.1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Must admit I didn't like it when I opened it but I've now selected the original blue theme that I was used to.

:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

chose the default setting as that Yellow did nothing for my hangover this morning :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good job LL.

Is the "back to top" button gone for good?

Always thought this was a good feature.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks good.

I'm using a mobile and it's miles better.

Well done mate ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, kwa said:

Thanks for the work put in.

Is there a way to unfreeze the menu bar along the top so it doesn't follow me down  the page.  It's obscuring the top of the post when I select go to first unread post in a thread.   I'm running Win10 Home and Firefox 54.0.1

The menu is now made to follow you down the page so you don't need to use the "back to top" plugin any more..

Then menu will always be at the top of your browser regardless of how far down the page you go...

if you scroll to the top them you will see theres room to use the content filters.

1 hour ago, Smiler said:

Good job LL.

Is the "back to top" button gone for good?

Always thought this was a good feature.

The menu is now made to follow you down the page so you don't need to use the "back to top" plugin any more..

The back to top was you could get back to the menu but now it follows you down the page.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, thegrogmonster said:

Thanks for doing the upgrade.

Unable to login from Tapatalk since it has been done.

Yes on the upgrade we needed to dump the cache and so everyone will need to sign in to the forum again on there devices.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, davethailand said:

Must admit I didn't like it when I opened it but I've now selected the original blue theme that I was used to.

:)

Yes the choice is your and thats why i've done a few themes ... i do like the "Dark Side Theme" but as default is the new theme I'm working on which has more features for the forum.

if anyone wants to try any themes, its easy just go to the bottom of the page and select Themes:-

Screenshot at Jul 15 06-56-38.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, lanzalad said:

Yes on the upgrade we needed to dump the cache and so everyone will need to sign in to the forum again on there devices.

 

Just for info, not a complaint as I'm sure you've already put a lot of work into this and is a work in progress.

Can't log in via Tapatalk, get this error. 

IMG_4458.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scotty said:

Just for info, not a complaint as I'm sure you've already put a lot of work into this and is a work in progress.

Can't log in via Tapatalk, get this error. 

IMG_4458.PNG

The only thing i can think about is ... it may need sorting out with Tap a talk and IPS as its new software and has not been released to the public as yet..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes just as i thought from IPS and it confirms what i said about Tap a talk...

 

Screenshot at Jul 15 08-16-13.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lanzalad said:

The menu is now made to follow you down the page so you don't need to use the "back to top" plugin any more..

Then menu will always be at the top of your browser regardless of how far down the page you go...

if you scroll to the top them you will see theres room to use the content filters.

The menu is now made to follow you down the page so you don't need to use the "back to top" plugin any more..

The back to top was you could get back to the menu but now it follows you down the page.

This isn't working when viewing on my mobile. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, thinkingallowed said:

This isn't working when viewing on my mobile. 

What isn't working..?

On the mobile version the menu stays at the top just the same as before...

On the mobile version the menu comes from the right side where you can access your stream settings..

Mobile Version:-

Screenshot at Jul 15 09-24-48.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, lanzalad said:

What isn't working..?

On the mobile version the menu stays at the top just the same as before...

On the mobile version the menu comes from the right side where you can access your stream settings..

Mobile Version:-

Screenshot at Jul 15 09-24-48.png

Yes the menu comes from the side but to access the menu I have to scroll to the top of the page. Not really important unless reading VPIs thread and then I'm usually half way to the top when I think I should have used the thing that sends you to the top. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to look at fixing the menu and put the back to top again but as usual with something like this i have a list of things i need to get working first...

Currently working on changing the colour scheme back to blue on the new template... 

Screenshot at Jul 15 09-45-13.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, thinkingallowed said:

Yes the menu comes from the side but to access the menu I have to scroll to the top of the page. Not really important unless reading VPIs thread and then I'm usually half way to the top when I think I should have used the thing that sends you to the top. 

On your mobile can you not just tap the very top of the screen and it takes you to the top of the page, certainly works on an iPhone, not sure about other makes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, scotty said:

On your mobile can you not just tap the very top of the screen and it takes you to the top of the page, certainly works on an iPhone, not sure about other makes. 

Not that I know of. 

#poorandroid7.1.1scum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×