Latest News
  • FREE HOLIDAYS to Midnight and CBK --- Any more for any more..? *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 27th of July... it would be great to see you if your in town...!

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
thinkingallowed

Thaismile prices

I'm pretty sure that someone posted about booking Thaismile flights being much more expensive through the Thai Airways site. I'd never noticed this before. 

So for my forthcoming trip I thought I'd have a look at flights on Thai Airways, Thaismile and the Thaismile app. There was a quite a difference in the price of economy tickets from Thai Airways with them being 1900 against 1200 on the two Thaismile methods of booking. Another thing I noticed is one you booked a higher level of ticket for the first leg it gave no option to book a cheap ticket for the return with Thai Airways where as the two Thaismile methods did. 

Being a HiSo and having extra bags I chose to fly Thaismile plus and this was 200 baht cheaper through Thai Airways than Thaismile. 

So worth checking them all. 

Have booked the flights and gone to the Thaismile app to check the booking and choose seats. The booking is there and it would allow me to choose the seat for the flight up to Khon Kaen but not the way back.

Strangely though I've no email confirming my booking and checking back I usually get two. 

I didn't get an email before from Nok Air either, but always do with Air Asia. 

Maybe a Thai thing... 

Edited by Esco

never flown with thai smile,but have used nokair and air asia,as esco states.i didn't receive anything from nokair either.

Flown ThaiSmile many times and learned a while back to book through their system rather than Thai Airways for best deal.

Love fact I can pay cash through 7/11 or Family Mart as well within 12 hours of booking. Great service.

booked a flight form Sydney to khon kaen return. left on the 27th july and just returned on the 4th September. there was no difference in the fare price form Sydney to Bangkok or Sydney to khon kaen. so the flight Bangkok to khon kaen was free and also had 30kg check in baggage allowance. had the expected experience when checking in at khon kaen , the boy lifting my bag on the scale got all excited telling the check in girl I had 27 kg and the girl proudly telling me I had 27kg . she looked a bit disappointed when I told I  could have 30kg. they would not book me through to Sydney so I had to check in again at Bangkok. I do not know what the problem thai air are having in swappy but there  was a shortage of staff at the check ins    causing delays in getting checked in which was also delaying flights.

the cost of the flight was $849 aust  which was not to bad as I booked it on the 25th july 2 days before the flight

• Thumbs up 1