Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
thinkingallowed

Want anything from the UK

I'll be flying into Suvarnabhumi on Friday the 25th of August for the monthly meet up and have a luggage allowance of 64kg which I will definitely not be needing so wondered if any expats want anything brought over. 

The lads up in the village usually put in orders for HP sauce and the like that can be bought from the pound shop in the UK that cost several times that in Thailand. 

I'm in town for just one night so you'll have to collect it at the meet up. I've already tried to tempt one member to come with the offer of a bottle of Barolo what can I tempt expats with to attend? 

Just now, thinkingallowed said:

Always nice to be nice. 

couldn't agree more

Always nice to see positive threads we are not all vermin and cheapskates.

5 hours ago, Al McReady said:

Always nice to see positive threads we are not all vermin and cheapskates.

Very true, but some are 

It's a very kind offer of you Thinking allowed ?

Well played TA. True expat spirit. Used be the norm back in the day on remote sites when the only way to get goodies was hand carry from UK.

Same with the mail. Anyone going on leave would put a notice in the mess hall and hand carry on their way out.

One silly f**ker from Essex once forgot to post the mail when back in the UK and brought it back with him.

64 kg is a good lot.  British Airways Business Class perhaps?

14 minutes ago, kwa said:

64 kg is a good lot.  British Airways Business Class perhaps?

On the way back, scum class going there but get the business class luggage allowance both ways. Most I've ever has was with China Southern which was 92 kg plus cabin bags with my Flying Blue FF status and a business class ticket but flew hand baggage only.

if you have any room for some Branston pickle I would be much obliged.

By the way make sure you check in only 2 bags, used to be 3 but BA changed their policy. You try getting 32 kilos in to each bag, it is quite difficult unless they are big bags. Also they need to be no more than 32 kilos each, baggage handlers won't lift anything over 32 kilos. They changed their policy on hand carry which now allows 2 bags of up to 23 kilos each, again you try to find hand carry bags (still need to conform with hand carry dimensions) that will allow 23 kilos each.  BA getting a little bit naughty.  Their system is also automated so try to check in 3 bags you will be automatically charged. I tried that one last time I traveled and I was staff.

18 hours ago, thinkingallowed said:

On the way back, scum class going there but get the business class luggage allowance both ways. Most I've ever has was with China Southern which was 92 kg plus cabin bags with my Flying Blue FF status and a business class ticket but flew hand baggage only.

I've got 64 kg including hand baggage in a few weeks, but plan on travelling hand baggage only.  First time I'll have done that.

12 hours ago, The Tongue said:

if you have any room for some Branston pickle I would be much obliged.

By the way make sure you check in only 2 bags, used to be 3 but BA changed their policy. You try getting 32 kilos in to each bag, it is quite difficult unless they are big bags. Also they need to be no more than 32 kilos each, baggage handlers won't lift anything over 32 kilos. They changed their policy on hand carry which now allows 2 bags of up to 23 kilos each, again you try to find hand carry bags (still need to conform with hand carry dimensions) that will allow 23 kilos each.  BA getting a little bit naughty.  Their system is also automated so try to check in 3 bags you will be automatically charged. I tried that one last time I traveled and I was staff.

Not a problem pal. 

Nice gesture .  Will request a bottle of buckfast next time around . Irish boy brought me a bottle once had a laugh with mcready having a sip in the lock

37 minutes ago, Buckfast said:

Nice gesture .  Will request a bottle of buckfast next time around . Irish boy brought me a bottle once had a laugh with mcready having a sip in the lock

Any thing for you mate. I'm a bit jealous of Al going off to see Mango and the possibility of seeing you too but I've got a trip to Thailand coming up and just changing jobs so can't make it.