Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
thinkingallowed

Scotland New Manager

So wee Gordon has gone. Who should be the next manager of the national team north of the wall. 

Obviously a taller chap but should it be Moyse, Malky, Lambert, McLeish or joint fourth in the betting Big Sam?

Must admit that I've always liked Strachan for his quick wit. Anyone got a favourite quote from him. 

Here's one... 

On Wayne Rooney: "It's an incredible rise to stardom. At 17 you're more likely to get a call from Michael Jackson than Sven Goran Eriksson."

half time in the scottish cup final at hampden one year while he was manager at celtic .

the teams are going up the tunnel at half time and the bbc camera crew and match presenter are waiting at the tunnel.

as strachan approaches the  tunnel the bbc guy puts the microphone in front of strachan and says gordon , have you got a quick word .

strachan says , aye volocity and keeps on walking up the tunnel .

More Strachan quotes stolen from the interweb... 

On Claus Lundekvam: "When he was carried off at Leicester someone asked me if he was unconscious, but I didn't have a clue. He's always like that."

Reporter: "So, Gordon, any plans for Europe this year?"
Strachan: "Aye, me and the wife quite fancy Spain in August."

Gary Lineker: "So Gordon, if you were English, what formation would you play?"
Strachan: "If I was English I'd top myself."

Reporter: "What is your impression of Jermaine Pennant?"
Strachan: "I don't do impressions”

Strachan has a point the way the game has gone, I am surprised its not been said before,,,,, In the boat race they measure  weight and in Rugby the  front row.

For sure football is not about power and strength as Barca have proved  , a team can't keep losing  1st and second balls, some of the statistics are mad in the Euro final  Pogba was the most successful  passer, he stood in centre circle and passed to fullbacks...

Arsenal are guilty  of it , if you have enough players who are unable to win a header or tackle you will  be lucky to win ....

Always  liked Strachan as a player , 

1 hour ago, The Tongue said:

Was Strachan a bad manager, thought he was ok?

no mate , he is solely responsible for scotland failing to qualify for this world cup .

his team selection has been attrocious .

he refused to pick leigh griffiths despite him probably being the most in form striker in british football outside harry kane , until half the section games were played and we were already well behind by then .

he refused to pick mcgregor of celtic as well when scotland have few better in midfield too .

he stuck by 2nd rate players past their best plying their trade for non descript english clubs .

he and only he is responsible .

I would go for David Moyes, i acknowledge his "star has fallen" since he built his reputation at Everton, but still best Scottish manager for me.