Jump to content
Latest News
  • The Latest News
  • The lottery
  • Good news for all the lottery syndicate players - - - Yet again the luckydip tickets wins....

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
matthewh

here we go again

Recommended Posts

the time has come to renew pukkys UK residencey.as usual im doing it my self as a soliciter is 800.it costs 997 now.3 years ago  it was free.39 pages but a lot doesn't apply to us.ive done this before and am happy to help those in a similar situation.

thumbnail_IMG_0129.jpg

Edited by matthewh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you not got her a permanent residency yet? She’s been here long enough surely?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, aw1 said:

Have you not got her a permanent residency yet? She’s been here long enough surely?

er no as im a UK citizen.my mate is from Ireland and his bird was given 10 years.after the initial 2 years was up.i have just adjusted the figures on my self assessment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How many years has she been in UK 🇬🇧?

It appears very unfair for Brits taking their wives and family to UK ..

A person says they are persecuted they can stay !!!

Broken Britain 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Parky said:

How many years has she been in UK 🇬🇧?

It appears very unfair for Brits taking their wives and family to UK ..

A person says they are persecuted they can stay !!!

Broken Britain 

9 years now mate.if 10 we could had gone a different route.never had a day off work sick.only for holidays,which currently we are being deprived of as her residency needs 6 months validity.broken Britain is correct.all because after 10 attempts she couldn't pass the life in the UK test.consequently we we down the article8 route"a right to a family life".to be fair last time it only took 2 weeks.a Thailand trip is well overdue.although the rules are unfair,they are rules.

 

Edited by matthewh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, matthewh said:

9 years now mate.if 10 we could had gone a different route.never had a day off work sick.only for holidays,which currently we are being deprived of as her residency needs 6 months validity.broken Britain is correct.all because after 10 attempts she couldn't pass the life in the UK test.consequently we we down the article8 route"a right to a family life".to be fair last time it only took 2 weeks.a Thailand trip is well overdue.although the rules are unfair,they are rules.

 

I reckon a lot of British people would not pass the LIUK test. You should have booked her in for a 3 day course at a small college where they grade you on English language and communication skills with a City & Guilds cert.  They accept that as an alternative, well they used to anyway.  Cost about £180 when my wife did it. They charge every time you fail the Living in UK test, so it works out cheaper and quicker. 

Edited by Uncle Remus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, matthewh said:

9 years now mate.if 10 we could had gone a different route.never had a day off work sick.only for holidays,which currently we are being deprived of as her residency needs 6 months validity.broken Britain is correct.all because after 10 attempts she couldn't pass the life in the UK test.consequently we we down the article8 route"a right to a family life".to be fair last time it only took 2 weeks.a Thailand trip is well overdue.although the rules are unfair,they are rules.

 

I worked 13 years legit in Thailand and had to report every 90 days. Their country, their rules, I guess it works that way for all countries. Good luck with the forms

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Uncle Remus said:

I reckon a lot of British people would not pass the LIUK test. You should have booked her in for a 3 day course at a small college where they grade you on English language and communication skills with a City & Guilds cert.  They accept that as an alternative, well they used to anyway.  Cost about £180 when my wife did it. They charge every time you fail the Living in UK test, so it works out cheaper and quicker. 

mate we have done more courses than hare coursing,and they downright refuse the certificates.the whole system is a shambles.to any member contemplating marrying a girl.believe me that's just the start of it.love my wife to bits,its the UK that is wrong and not me  or pukky.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rob Jones said:

I worked 13 years legit in Thailand and had to report every 90 days. Their country, their rules, I guess it works that way for all countries. Good luck with the forms

but the rules are biased towards UK citizens in their own country.explain that.??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, matthewh said:

but the rules are biased towards UK citizens in their own country.explain that.??

Not sure what rules you mean. The rules are not for UK citizens if you are referring to the LIUK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Buckfast said:

10 times is a lot. Was the test in Thai?

unfortunately not mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, matthewh said:

unfortunately not mate.

Why "unfortunately"  ?

It's England so it is in English

If in France it is in French

Seems logic to me.

Sadly the system is now way more complicated then 20 years ago. In France as well.

On my side, will give it a try for a tourist visa for my Miss, just for her to discover the western world. But I put her chances at max 50%.  So be it !

If she doesn't get it, I still go.. alone.....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, thai spice said:

Why "unfortunately"  ?

It's England so it is in English

If in France it is in French

Seems logic to me.

Sadly the system is now way more complicated then 20 years ago. In France as well.

On my side, will give it a try for a tourist visa for my Miss, just for her to discover the western world. But I put her chances at max 50%.  So be it !

If she doesn't get it, I still go.. alone.....

 

It's available in languages other than English.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Buckfast said:

It's available in languages other than English.

Oops, surprises me...but I learned something.

Took a "sample" test on the net yesterday, scored 11 only.... A bit like the pub quizz, once they start asking about kings centuries ago, artists, poets, writers or soccer players I am doomed ....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, thai spice said:

Oops, surprises me...but I learned something.

Took a "sample" test on the net yesterday, scored 11 only.... A bit like the pub quizz, once they start asking about kings centuries ago, artists, poets, writers or soccer players I am doomed ....

 

 

9 hours ago, Buckfast said:

It's available in languages other than English.

oh no it isn't in the test centres here in the UK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, matthewh said:

 

oh no it isn't in the test centres here in the UK.

Maybe Bucky is mixing up the test with many other government application forms which are available in several or, on occasions, many languages

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, The Tongue said:

Maybe Bucky is mixing up the test with many other government application forms which are available in several or, on occasions, many languages

No sir. The test is also available in Welsh and scottish gaelic

  • Thumbs up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Buckfast said:

No sir. The test is also available in Welsh and scottish gaelic

Well,.thats gona be really helpfull....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Buckfast said:

No sir. The test is also available in Welsh and scottish gaelic

59 minutes ago, thai spice said:

Well,.thats gona be really helpfull....

lol. couldn't the test be passed just by memorizing a bunch of otherwise insignificant dates in history?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suggest to all individually take the simulation test on line at the next P.L. meet up....

A bit like the quiz in the pub !

Results could be interesting   :laugh:

  • Thumbs up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, thai spice said:

I suggest to all individually take the simulation test on line at the next P.L. meet up....

A bit like the quiz in the pub !

Results could be interesting   :laugh:

Can we get the questions up here? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rob Jones said:

Can we get the questions up here? 

Haha, I will be the quizz master.....    A frog interogating Brits on their history, culture, poets, location of some unpronouncable cities, not to forget the pop singers and soccer teams !

Great idea you gave me there Rob !   :laugh:

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, thai spice said:

Haha, I will be the quizz master.....    A frog interogating Brits on their history, culture, poets, location of some unpronouncable cities, not to forget the pop singers and soccer teams !

Great idea you gave me there Rob !   :laugh:

 

 

I have always said, I’m an ideas man 😉

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×