Latest News
  • The Latest lottery News
  • 15-12-2017- Good news for all the lottery syndicate players - - - Yet again this week the lucky dip tacket - - -

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
thinkingallowed

Adelphi grande sukhumvit

Anyone have any knowledge or opinions about this place on, I believe, Soi 41 Sukhumvit. 

Mate of mine has booked a night here in a rather nice looking executive suite for 3500 baht. This includes airport transfer which must be worth 500. Free mini bar also must be worth 500 and he'd probably use. So for 2500 in real terms it looks like a pretty good deal. Plus there's a 100 grab taxi voucher included. 

He's got mates in the area so he's happy about the location. 

All options and alternative recommendations welcome, he can cancel at no cost. I'm particularly looking at you Mr STARGAZER as I believe this is your patch. 

Edited by thinkingallowed

Soi 41 is far out if you enjoy the nightlife of lower Sukhumvit. 

I booked Swiss Grande on soi 11 with Exec suite for similar price. Doesn't incl. airport transfer but lounge access all day with free beverages and free flow alcohol for a 2 hour slot early evening. 

2 hours ago, Esco said:

I booked Swiss Grande on soi 11 with Exec suite for similar price. Doesn't incl. airport transfer but lounge access all day with free beverages and free flow alcohol for a 2 hour slot early evening. 

Lounge access sounds better than free mini bar.

*takes notes*

Edited by thinkingallowed

3 hours ago, thinkingallowed said:

*takes notes*

If you like a good drink and like to stuff your face full of food then lounge access can pay for itself especially when there are two of you.

I stay in a lot of Novotels and always book executive room.

I always look to see if a chain has an executive room, it is worth paying that little extra to be a hotel balloon chaser.

P.S. I have booked us at the Pullman in the cheap rooms....oops

Edited by The Tongue

5 hours ago, Esco said:

The website says for 1.5 hours.

9 hours ago, Buckfast said:

The website says for 1.5 hours.

They'll give you a new one right before 'happy hour' is over, even if your drink is still full. 

By the way I'm often out when the free beers start but usually have a good few coffees or soft drinks during the day. 

11 minutes ago, Esco said:

By the way I'm often out when the free beers start but usually have a good few coffees or soft drinks during the day. 

A mate of mine stayed in a gaff ‘Free mini bar ‘ turns out it was soft drinks, he had the right hump..😱🤣

13 hours ago, thinkingallowed said:

*takes notes*

There's an area to smoke up there as well mate. 

• Thumbs up 1

1 minute ago, Parky said:

A mate of mine stayed in a gaff ‘Free mini bar ‘ turns out it was soft drinks, he had the right hump..😱🤣

Can't imagine myself getting drunk in me room on free cans of Chang anyway. Each to their own of course :)

11 minutes ago, Esco said:

Can't imagine myself getting drunk in me room on free cans of Chang anyway. Each to their own of course :)

Agreed but you know how tight some are here :laugh::laugh::laugh:

27 minutes ago, Esco said:

They'll give you a new one right before 'happy hour' is over, even if your drink is still full. 

When you going to be in BKK? I'll try to sneak you into the Hilton Happy Hour so you can get a glimpse of how it's supposed to be :)

• Thumbs up 1

1 hour ago, Buckfast said:

When you going to be in BKK? I'll try to sneak you into the Hilton Happy Hour so you can get a glimpse of how it's supposed to be :)

December 12th I shall be enjoying happy hour at the Kiwi on soi 8. 

5 hours ago, Esco said:

There's an area to smoke up there as well mate. 

I’ll tell him, looks like they are owned by the same company.

On 11/17/2017 at 7:23 PM, thinkingallowed said:

Anyone have any knowledge or opinions about this place on, I believe, Soi 41 Sukhumvit. 

Mate of mine has booked a night here in a rather nice looking executive suite for 3500 baht. This includes airport transfer which must be worth 500. Free mini bar also must be worth 500 and he'd probably use. So for 2500 in real terms it looks like a pretty good deal. Plus there's a 100 grab taxi voucher included. 

He's got mates in the area so he's happy about the location. 

All options and alternative recommendations welcome, he can cancel at no cost. I'm particularly looking at you Mr STARGAZER as I believe this is your patch. 

That is a great location if priority is not being within walking distance of the neon tan bars of Nana, Cowboy, or Patpong. Tons of great non p4p places in the /Phrom Phong/Thonglor/Ekamai area which this is at.....also just a few minute walk to Phrom Phong BTS so you are right there art EMPORIUM and EMQUARTIER shopping zones and Phrom Phong BTS....1 stop to cowboy, 2 stops to nana,  5 stops a transfer and 2 stops to Patpong.....Patpong being the furthest away and less than 15 minutes by sky train. 10 minute walk to Soi 33, which is pretty much dead now. That said and done, the old legendary CHECK INN 99 that closed 2 years ago is now back open on Soi 33. Same filipino band that was at the old CheckIn 99 forever, same staff.....whilst I had heard of the CHECKIN99 since day I moved here 13 plus years ago, I had never been. But now its location on 33 is close to me, I like to walk, so often when walking home I go by, stop in for a night cap.....it isn't for the millineal crowd that is for sure,...almost like walking into a time warp and it is 1989 again......a great alternative spot for us gray beards to go.....I fully get now why they had been in business for over 50 years and why it was a big deal 2 or 3 years ago when they became victims of property developers.....from what the old hands tell me, the new 33 location is much better set up than the old location....if you are walking down 33 from Sukhumvit it is about 100 meters down on left hand side...can't miss it, it is also the first bar on left hand side of soi coming from Suk.

Hey, great little secret that has been around for years, but just discovered....on corner of Suk and 41 there is a Topps Market....walk down 41 and there is an Alley off the right, behind Tops.....gop down that alley, about 4 doors on the left there is a Chinese Dumpling restaurant.....(they have more than dumplings).....it is awesome,....one of best family run CHinese Dumpling houses I have ever been in anywhere in Asia...a group of 4 or 5 of us do it for lunch once a week, just order mountains of food and than always try to guess how much the bill will be.....very rare you can run the bill past a 1000 baht for 4 big boys eating like pigs....supa fresh food. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/18/2017 at 1:54 AM, Esco said:

Comparing Soi 11 to Soi 41 is like comparing the white ghetto to one of nicest hoods in Asia. Also you can get to Cowboy from 41 faster than Soi 11, and if you are deep on Soi 11 you could get to Nana faster as well....

Mike I need to give you a new tour next time you are here.....

5 hours ago, STARGAZER said:

Comparing Soi 11 to Soi 41 is like comparing the white ghetto to one of nicest hoods in Asia. Also you can get to Cowboy from 41 faster than Soi 11, and if you are deep on Soi 11 you could get to Nana faster as well....

Mike I need to give you a new tour next time you are here.....

Swiss Grande is less than 100 meters from Sukhumvit and a 2 minute walk to Nana BTS mate.

I'll be there in a few weeks so looking forward to that tour. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this