Latest News
  • FREE HOLIDAYS to Midnight and CBK --- Any more for any more..? *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 27th of July... it would be great to see you if your in town...!

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
matthewh

taking a girlfriend or wife to the UK.dos donts and what fors.?

What benefit to the UK is someone just because they pass a 'life in the UK' test. A test which is in all but name a British general knowledge exam. It would be better for the UK to scrap the test and ensure that those seeking to stay in the UK have relatively well paid jobs, no criminal records and are able to speak, read and write English to GCSE standard. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs up 1

13 hours ago, Rob Jones said:

Like a job, the reason why people remain with the same company/partner is mostly down to fear. 

Most people are insecure deep down mostly, the ones who masquerade as something else. I agree with your philosophy 100%

• Thumbs up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

What benefit to the UK is someone just because they pass a 'life in the UK' test. A test which is in all but name a British general knowledge exam. It would be better for the UK to scrap the test and ensure that those seeking to stay in the UK have relatively well paid jobs, no criminal records and are able to speak, read and write English to GCSE standard. 

at last.a guy who says as is.

17 minutes ago, matthewh said:

at last.a guy who says as is.

Truth but not relevant.  Relevant is to pass / succeed  as the law / rules say.  Even if those laws / rules seem stupid, you are not gonna change them.

Same case for me and my retirement visa here in Bali. Some rules are a bit surprising, but the target is to be succesfull, so I do what is needed. Not what I THINK would be better....

And yes I use an agent as he has certainly more experience in the system than me. Same as I did for my P.R. in HKG.

I did not use an agent for ex wife Residence Permit in France, but circumstances were very different from Matthew's.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, thai spice said:

Truth but not relevant.  Relevant is to pass / succeed  as the law / rules say.  Even if those laws / rules seem stupid, you are not gonna change them.

Same case for me and my retirement visa here in Bali. Some rules are a bit surprising, but the target is to be succesfull, so I do what is needed. Not what I THINK would be better....

And yes I use an agent as he has certainly more experience in the system than me. Same as I did for my P.R. in HKG.

I did not use an agent for ex wife Residence Permit in France, but circumstances were very different from Matthew's.

and so are the biased laws in the UK against its own citizens

10 hours ago, roomark said:

S8 plus Mr Jones 

You always were lagging behind in the phone stakes 😂😂

Plenty of fellas with their Nokia’s still - if my last trip was anything to go by. The Japs seem to have embraced (literally) the ‘newer’ technology😉

Lagging? I see what you done there matey - oh and Happy Christmas.

• Thumbs up 1

10 hours ago, john42 said:

Most people are insecure deep down mostly, the ones who masquerade as something else. I agree with your philosophy 100%

One clear tell of a very insecure person is telling lies , if you ever meet a person who lies non stop they are very insecure...

I would disagree most people are not insecure,  many are too ignorant, others too stupid...

I gravitate to truthful people , I really dislike liars but we are all different...

10 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

It’s not PC to question immigrants, however a working class white Brit is fair game ...

The irony is it’s racism 😎

• Thumbs up 1

1 hour ago, Parky said:

It’s not PC to question immigrants, however a working class white Brit is fair game ...

The irony is it’s racism 😎

Certainly immigrants in Thailand are questioned all the time. Mostly to make money.:laugh:

11 minutes ago, john42 said:

Certainly immigrants in Thailand are questioned all the time. Mostly to make money.:laugh:

I don’t know any immigrants in Thailand, a few long term holiday makers and guys with business...The visa is for a year John...

Money is just money , at your age you can’t take it with you ... Get down Western Union it’s in your blood.. 40 years of rinsing 🤣🤣🤣🤣

On 12/18/2017 at 4:12 PM, Parky said:

lol The Frogs failure, failure is not walking away from a finished relationship, failure is staying in a dead and false one 😱😎

Totally true, the day I divorced I told my ex wife by phone this would be the last time we ever will communicate, I have been true to that word since 13 Dec 2011.  If I did need to keep in touch because of kids (I had none) I would hope I don't have anger issues that continue to want to make my ex wife's life hell, I don't understand that. That to me says that the guy still has issues while the partner probably couldn't give a fcuk......

Chilled of Isaan..lol

• Thumbs up 1

1 hour ago, The Tongue said:

Totally true, the day I divorced I told my ex wife by phone this would be the last time we ever will communicate, I have been true to that word since 13 Dec 2011.  If I did need to keep in touch because of kids (I had none) I would hope I don't have anger issues that continue to want to make my ex wife's life hell, I don't understand that. That to me says that the guy still has issues while the partner probably couldn't give a fcuk......

Chilled of Isaan..lol

No anger or issues, simply getting.my message through that is was a big mistake to play what she tried, and making sur she will be reminded of it till my last day....But without anger , just a slow slow cooking thing that runs alone, without effort on my side. 

Relaxed in Bali....

5 hours ago, Rob Jones said:

Plenty of fellas with their Nokia’s still - if my last trip was anything to go by. The Japs seem to have embraced (literally) the ‘newer’ technology😉

Lagging? I see what you done there matey - oh and Happy Christmas.

All the best to you too 

Sent from my s8 plus by voice command in 3d virtual reality 😂

• Thumbs up 1

10 hours ago, thai spice said:

No anger or issues, simply getting.my message through that is was a big mistake to play what she tried, and making sur she will be reminded of it till my last day....But without anger , just a slow slow cooking thing that runs alone, without effort on my side. 

Relaxed in Bali....

Sorry for me you still have issues as it shows not just in posts about your wife but anything really to do with Thailand. Just your reply says it still bothers you.

Just make a break mate and concentrate on your present family. They are your future, why dwell on the past.

All us guys in Isaan would welcome you, you would feel right at home. Lol

• Thumbs up 1

Tongue,

Be nice, drop the subject you dont understand anything about..

Ok ?  No problem for a beer, but not up there.... 

More evidence... Broken Britain the Khazi thats falling behind  , its at war with the EU the Leadership  is going against the peoples vote ,  will the last person left turn the lights off , known terrorists walk the street as they have not committed and atrocity ,,,, Yet ...

Whilst degenerate and benefit cheats prosper.... 

Screen Shot 2017-12-20 at 08.46.26.png

On 12/18/2017 at 3:25 PM, thai spice said:

Star,

Disastrous is not really the word. It lasted 10 years after all, and more importantly I am pretty close to succeeding to have the 3 kids (mine, not Somchai's) having a decent career, western orientated. Nothing would have stressed me more than them taking on the "Thai mind".

Probably I am also a bit less tolerant to B.S. anyway, no regrets, at the end I am having a more enjoyable life then her...And I will make sure that it gets worse for her in the future...

No anger, no hatred, just managing a situation like it should be.  You knowing one of the kids, and can sure not say I failed on that part.  And thats the most important one.  

BTW, she is coming over next month, we ll discuss a bit about what she has.in mind. 

Some BM have met the eldest son, and can attest that he knows what he wants and is doing the necessary to achieve it.

And as Parky mentionned, people staying together after xx years is not necessarely a gauge of success...plenty other reason can come into play.

Dude, the result of your marriage was you hate a person, you hate an entrie race of people and their way of life. You are right, disastorous it was not. I am not sure there is a word for it.

Have fun, not hating, not having anger, but yet setting out to MAKE SURE things get worse for her...Spicey that is disgusting way of thinking!  No check that, it is repulsive!

Rightfully so, you rave about your kids. I have only met one. They have essentially been nutured from childhood, into adolescence, and onwards to young adulthood by their mother. Core values are instilled predominantly by whoever the primary caretaker is, be it the father, or the mother in a single parent household. I have never met your ex, I have heard you do nothing but HATE on her over and over and over. You generalize and denigerate an entire countries people because you had a failed marriage. 

Without even meeting her I suspect your ex is one hell of a woman, one hell of a mother, well rounded, intelligent, adapatable and just someone who wanted a bit more than you could provide. Financial Contribution is not all it takes to keep a woman engaged and interested! 

Get over it bro. Life is to short and we are both well into the back nine as it is!

• Thumbs up 1

1 hour ago, Parky said:

More evidence... Broken Britain the Khazi thats falling behind  , its at war with the EU the Leadership  is going against the peoples vote ,  will the last person left turn the lights off , known terrorists walk the street as they have not committed and atrocity ,,,, Yet ...

Whilst degenerate and benefit cheats prosper.... 

Screen Shot 2017-12-20 at 08.46.26.png

WTF.

Star,

PM send. Cant answer on here as it become too personal, not concerning me.

Plse abstain from personal answer, back to topic.

Haha,.maybe one day I should write a book ! 

8 hours ago, thai spice said:

Tongue,

Be nice, drop the subject you dont understand anything about..

Ok ?  No problem for a beer, but not up there.... 

I understand a lot about the subject matter and that subject matter is Isaan and Thailand, I couldn't care less about your personal circumstances although, no doubt, it still bothers you.

What you need to understand is that your constant cheap shots about Isaan, it's women and culture is going to continue to receive critique from me.  If you expect us to just sit here and stay silent while you denigrate a great people, many of us whose lives are intertwined with, because of your own personal history issues then you are wrong.

You live in Indonesia with your choice of partner so good for you, I offer you my respect, but you are here on a Thailand based forum so you need to understand that every time you generalise your personal issue in black and white as if it applies to all of us there is likely to be a response. 

You are right I don't understand your personal situation and nor do I want to but you also know nothing about all of us who live in Thailand and have relationships with girls not just from Isaan but all over Thailand so, my friend, I believe it is you who needs to drop the subject. Just move on and offer something positive to this forum instead of your constant digs about everything Thai.

As we say in the UK, don't tar everybody with the same brush.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs up 3