Latest News
  • *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...!

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
matthewh

taking a girlfriend or wife to the UK.dos donts and what fors.?

1 hour ago, The Tongue said:

I understand a lot about the subject matter and that subject matter is Isaan and Thailand, I couldn't care less about your personal circumstances although, no doubt, it still bothers you.

What you need to understand is that your constant cheap shots about Isaan, it's women and culture is going to continue to receive critique from me.  If you expect us to just sit here and stay silent while you denigrate a great people, many of us whose lives are intertwined with, because of your own personal history issues then you are wrong.

You live in Indonesia with your choice of partner so good for you, I offer you my respect, but you are here on a Thailand based forum so you need to understand that every time you generalise your personal issue in black and white as if it applies to all of us there is likely to be a response. 

You are right I don't understand your personal situation and nor do I want to but you also know nothing about all of us who live in Thailand and have relationships with girls not just from Isaan but all over Thailand so, my friend, I believe it is you who needs to drop the subject. Just move on and offer something positive to this forum instead of your constant digs about everything Thai.

As we say in the UK, don't tar everybody with the same brush.

Nice post boss.

• Thumbs up 1

3 hours ago, Buckfast said:

Nice post boss.

I have a lot of time for TS , but he does seem to have an issue with Thailand 🇹🇭 which is pity ... 

1 hour ago, Parky said:

I have a lot of time for TS , but he does seem to have an issue with Thailand 🇹🇭 which is pity ... 

Not really issues,.more boredom. Already explained. Ok, enough about me.

New start in a new place, analyse and SITREP in 5 months. 

• Thumbs up 1

1 hour ago, thai spice said:

Not really issues,.more boredom. Already explained. Ok, enough about me.

New start in a new place, analyse and SITREP in 5 months. 

You do mate , I like you for your honesty ...you are straight as a dye... top lad..

You do speak bad about Thailand , only one worse is Johny Bravo but 7 years of send ups easy to see why .. 

I think its near impossible,to take a lady from her country to yours ,its hard and getting harder.i take this as preventing families and freedom to a family life.why cant the world be one big one,for the freedom of all.after all we are all human.bizzare in my book.i guess history past made it that way and introduced rasiscm tendencies.

29 minutes ago, matthewh said:

I think its near impossible,to take a lady from her country to yours ,its hard and getting harder.i take this as preventing families and freedom to a family life.why cant the world be one big one,for the freedom of all.after all we are all human.bizzare in my book.i guess history past made it that way and introduced rasiscm tendencies.

Not true , get a Thai girl to fly via China ...on landing get her to throw her passport shredded down a toilet..

She says she is seeking asylum and is  from Burma... straight in , lots of Chinese and Hong Kong people did it ... thousands of Africans doing the same , If as a white working class guy abiding the rules , then you will struggle ...

The whole immigrant thing has changed , the need to lie about being persecuted .. say she is a Muslim and is being victimised.. fastest way 🐌🐌

Get her to say she was trafficked and the guy ran off with her passport , if the person is foreign tne UK system is too scared to challenge ..... That’s the way forward mate ..The PC liberals love it ..

On 10/12/2017 at 6:07 PM, Uncle Remus said:

Yep, that is true. Lots of people fail the Living in UK test. Some of the questions are ridiculous and dreamed up by a bunch of civil servants. About 70% of them are irrelevant to daily life in the UK and assume that everyone is that the stage where they can read and write English.    What many couples  end up doing is getting hold of ALL of the possible questions and learn the answers , parrot fashion.   They should scrap the LIUK test.  My wife did a short City & Guilds course which covered  some basic written and spoken exercises and the certificate was in place of the LIUK test.   I know some pretty smart Thais in London who failed the test multiple times. It is  not essential to know what date the Battle of Hastings was to live in the UK. 

Agreed and understood it is a learn by rote type of exam.

Just put the effort in to revise and remember the answers and it should be a walk through

https://lifeintheuktests.co.UK/study-guide/ 

Edited by som nam na

10 minutes ago, som nam na said:

Agreed and understood it is a learn by rote type of exam.

Just put the effort in to revise and remember the answers and it should be a walk through

https://lifeintheuktests.co.UK/study-guide/ 

Easier said than done in a foreign language I guess. Having said that if enough effort is put in and with the right guidance it should be possible.

1 hour ago, matthewh said:

So what you are advocating is open borders? I swear you've been on here before effing and blinding about the Polish and every other nationality.

• Thumbs up 2

1 hour ago, matthewh said:

Have to say on ours it sailed through, I think as long as you have all the requirements and its a genuine relationship etc then its straight forward. but expensive.

:)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, davethailand said:

Have to say on ours it sailed through, I think as long as you have all the requirements and its a genuine relationship etc then its straight forward. but expensive.

:)

exacteley dave,we are waiting.timescales= not sure paid 995 wtf for.i thought it was a service charge and non received..then again im English.!!

1 hour ago, dcfc2007 said:

Easier said than done in a foreign language I guess. Having said that if enough effort is put in and with the right guidance it should be possible.

That was my experience when taking a Thai lady back to the UK. She put the effort in and walked the test. 

She finished school at 12, worked in a Thai factory until 28 met me (she had very little spoken English at the time) and we were together for 4 years before moving to the UK.

She realised the importance of passing the test and got stuck in. 

My point is given the right approach and effort that for some the Life in the UK test should not be a problem.

• Thumbs up 3

6 minutes ago, som nam na said:

That was my experience when taking a Thai lady back to the UK. She put the effort in and walked the test. 

She finished school at 12, worked in a Thai factory until 28 met me (she had very little spoken English at the time) and we were together for 4 years before moving to the UK.

She realised the importance of passing the test and got stuck in. 

My point is given the right approach and effort that for some the Life in the UK test should not be a problem.

our best try after 12 attempts was 16 and the required score is 20.oh well we move forward.=in which ever way that may be.im not rascist and expect the same back.i will add add updates as and when.

Edited by matthewh

Think you need 18 or more to pass the Test so she was really close on at least one occasion.

My wife submitted her FLR yesterday. £993 pounds plus £500.00 Healthcare charges.  We will begin preparing for this test quite soon. Although you don't of course need to pay the Heath care charges for ILR visa that visa is around £2,300 and will likely go up by quite a reasonable amount by the time we need to submit it.

Cheers..

• Like 2

15 hours ago, elvisp said:

Think you need 18 or more to pass the Test so she was really close on at least one occasion.

My wife submitted her FLR yesterday. £993 pounds plus £500.00 Healthcare charges.  We will begin preparing for this test quite soon. Although you don't of course need to pay the Heath care charges for ILR visa that visa is around £2,300 and will likely go up by quite a reasonable amount by the time we need to submit it.

Cheers..

yes mate that was so close but not good enough.hope all goes well for you and your wife.