Latest News
  • The Latest News
  • The lottery
  • Good news for all the lottery syndicate players - - - Yet again this week and last week... scooping winnings two weeks in a row now.... Good news for all the lottery syndicate players - - - Yet again this week and last week... scooping winnings two weeks in a row now.... Good news for all the lottery syndicate players - - - Yet again this week and last week... scooping winnings two weeks in a row now.... Good news for all the lottery syndicate players - - - Yet again this week and last week... scooping winnings two weeks in a row now....

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
matthewh

taking a girlfriend or wife to the UK.dos donts and what fors.?

1 hour ago, davethailand said:

Yup I went the Spanish application centre.

:)

goodman,its fairly straightforward there.

12 minutes ago, matthewh said:

goodman,its fairly straightforward there.

Apart from it moving to bloody WC1.

2 minutes ago, davethailand said:

didn't know that.last time we went it was near Sloane square tube.

5 minutes ago, matthewh said:

didn't know that.last time we went it was near Sloane square tube.

lol it moved after that then.

Its now done through BLS and they were at Tower Hill as I was going to take the car, now as said WC1 so that means congestion charges so we took the tube.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, davethailand said:

lol it moved after that then.

Its now done through BLS and they were at Tower Hill as I was going to take the car, now as said WC1 so that means congestion charges so we took the tube.

the purpose of this thread has purpose.thanks for the info.

22 minutes ago, davethailand said:

it hasn't and if you apply direct without an application centre its free and easy,as you are married"20 draycott place 0207589 8989".appointments can only be made via letter.done it loads of times.

Edited by matthewh

1 minute ago, matthewh said:

it hasn't and if you apply direct without an application centre its free and easy,as you are marries"20 draycott place 0207589 8989".appointments can only be made via letter.done it loads of times.

Quicker through the application centre though, I got an appointment in 24hrs. The consulate can take a minimum of 2 weeks for an appointment.

Quicker through the application centre though, I got an appointment in 24hrs. The consulate can take a minimum of 2 weeks for an appointment.

direct,they send special deliverey.paid by you and that's all you pay or you collect next day.i will never use an agent ever.currently in the process of a human rights application.guess who did it.it wasn't and agent and the biometrics were done today.people have to stand up to this modern day extortion racket.

• Thumbs up 1

3 minutes ago, matthewh said:

direct,they send special deliverey.paid by you and that's all you pay or you collect next day.i will never use an agent ever.currently in the process of a human rights application.guess who did it.it wasn't and agent and the biometrics were done today.people have to stand up to this modern day extortion racket.

Not actually an agent its the official Spanish Visa Application centre ran by BLS, they charge £12.80 for their service but the visa is free.

https://UK.blsspainvisa.com/london/index.php

5 hours ago, buffalo said:

We looked at the life in UK test and decided against it (too hard) Instead we did the English level 1 test,  cost £300 for 1 week course and the test is done by the people (Bunch of indians) who run the course I think everyone in her course got a pass.

is this an option to bi pass the "life in the UK" test?  sounds a lot easier so would be good if it were

Not actually an agent its the official Spanish Visa Application centre ran by BLS, they charge £12.80 for their service but the visa is free.

https://UK.blsspainvisa.com/london/index.php

top info dave.always make an appointment direct though.this can only be done by letter and when it suits them,if speed is needed then I agree with you.thanks mate.

Just now, Buckfast said:

Interesting thread just what the board needs.

much as many of yours are.thanks.

4 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

is this an option to bi pass the "life in the UK" test?  sounds a lot easier so would be good if it were

I think for ILR you still need to pass the Life in the UK test but I think you can try without it after 10 years in the UK.

Edited by davethailand

1 minute ago, tommy dee said:

don't take it as gospel.the mrs did a course.it has to be from a registered institution or its not worth the paper its written on

2 minutes ago, matthewh said:

don't take it as gospel.the mrs did a course.it has to be from a registered institution or its not worth the paper its written on

obviously anything needs to have a value, so from a recognised institution.  but what i was aksing is what is this course Good for in the visa process?

I think for ILR you still need to pass the Life in the UK test.

depends on the length of time in the UK.there is a 10 year route.my wife was granted  discrectionary leave to remain outside of the rules due to failing the test 10 times.we have now applied to extend that on a human and family rights basis form FLR(O)

1 minute ago, matthewh said:

depends on the length of time in the UK.there is a 10 year route.my wife was granted  discrectionary leave to remain outside of the rules due to failing the test 10 times.we have now applied to extend that on a human and family rights basis form FLR(O)

Wouldn't it be worth her studying hard for the test and trying to pass it?

• Thumbs up 2

Just now, tommy dee said:

obviously anything needs to have a value, so from a recognised institution.  but what i was aksing is what is this course Good for in the visa process?

the home office have a list of approved colleges.i didn't know that at the time.you never stop learning as the goal posts are always widening.

Just now, davethailand said:

Wouldn't it be worth her studying hard for the test and trying to pass it?

its irrelevant now.not throwing anymore money down a bottomless pit.we have a right to an uninterrupted family life.not just pukky,but me also.

ok each case is different and ive turned the thread slighty..hope it gets back to its original intentions and not us.woops.

2 minutes ago, matthewh said:

its irrelevant now.not throwing anymore money down a bottomless pit.we have a right to an uninterrupted family life.not just pukky,but me also.

But what if (god forbid) they don't renew the leave to remain or make it a condition that she has to pass? Can they do that?

But what if (god forbid) they don't renew the leave to remain or make it a condition that she has to pass? Can they do that?

then we move to thailand

we have leave to remain"outside of the rule".the cant change that status willy nilly.all they can do is check that things are the same as when it was granted and they are.they are hard people to deal with but ive always been treated fairly.the home office prefer you to do things your self,hence their question"are you an agent"?

4 minutes ago, matthewh said:

then we move to thailand

Gotcha.

Not sure if I'll still be here for when my old womans stuff needs to be done but then again on the otherhand I didn't want to move there too young.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this