Latest News
  • The Latest News
  • The lottery
  • Good news for all the lottery syndicate players - - - Yet again this week and last week... scooping winnings two weeks in a row now.... Good news for all the lottery syndicate players - - - Yet again this week and last week... scooping winnings two weeks in a row now.... Good news for all the lottery syndicate players - - - Yet again this week and last week... scooping winnings two weeks in a row now.... Good news for all the lottery syndicate players - - - Yet again this week and last week... scooping winnings two weeks in a row now....

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
matthewh

taking a girlfriend or wife to the UK.dos donts and what fors.?

On ‎05‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 4:21 PM, matthewh said:

im not an immigration solicitor and I don't proclaim to be.i do know how it works after obtaining 2 visas,and being turned down once.im happy to help people here.remember"this is an immigration thread and not a thread about me and my family".getting your partner to the UK is just the first step.please share your knowledge and tips.seen a lot of comments lately on other threads and so here is one of its own.

I think its very importent to let this fred run,as it does help other freds and people.just saying like.may give a snippet soon.x

5 hours ago, nickrock said:

My mrs has been to many countries she as quite excited when arriving in LA ,thought it was a hiso place ,was quite disapointed and thought the americans were loud and rude

Loved many thngs in england on our last trip like the museams and the castles etc but the roads with the houses all looking th same and joined together put her off a bit

Wants togo to switserland next time 

It’s funny, Switzerland seems very high on the list of many Thais to visit. I think because of the mountains, they don’t realise you can see spectacular Alpine views in France and Italy amongst other countries also....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, aw1 said:

It’s funny, Switzerland seems very high on the list of many Thais to visit. I think because of the mountains, they don’t realise you can see spectacular Alpine views in France and Italy amongst other countries also....

Switzerland sounds more HiSo....probably the main reason !

7 minutes ago, thai spice said:

Switzerland sounds more HiSo....probably the main reason !

Does it? I’d say Paris and Rome sound more HiSo to be honest 🧐

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, matthewh said:

I think its very importent to let this fred run,as it does help other freds and people.just saying like.may give a snippet soon.x

Agree I am sure this will help others BMs bringing their wives in to UK 😎

17 minutes ago, Parky said:

Agree I am sure this will help others BMs bringing their wives in to UK 😎

Haha....You couldn't resist....:laugh:

Ever thought about setting up a marriage / visa / travel agency ?    

You could always take Matty on as consultant....:rolleyes:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, thai spice said:

Haha....You couldn't resist....:laugh:

Ever thought about setting up a marriage / visa / travel agency ?    

You could always take Matty on as consultant....:rolleyes:

Well there are the challenges in here , options , ways round , financial requirements a decent thread...

I have no interest of starting a business of any sort in Thailand, that said Mattys experience regards bringing your wife to UK I am sure anyone planning to do the same would find his input helpful.

• Like 1

Matthew, a year ago was on a business trip in Austria with some HKG chinese, we organized a short visit for them in the mountains, as they had never seen snow.

Bunch of 35 / 40 y old playing like 10 y old kids in the snow.... Not mentionning the 100's of selfies.... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thai spice said:

Matthew, a year ago was on a business trip in Austria with some HKG chinese, we organized a short visit for them in the mountains, as they had never seen snow.

Bunch of 35 / 40 y old playing like 10 y old kids in the snow.... Not mentionning the 100's of selfies.... 

No difference to a guy who keeps saying one more Go Go , I guess  he has not seen many women before 🤣🤣🤣

the point im getting at is that  thais do adjust to cold weather.best not say what I said.

51 minutes ago, matthewh said:

currently outside in a dressing gown photographing the snow .FFS.!

Don't frighten the neighbours!

• Haha 1

Matthew are you really trying to give people advice? Your wife is about to be deported from the UK and you want to try to help others?

How can you brag you've done it all yourself when it's been a failure?

• Thumbs Down 1

37 minutes ago, thai spice said:

Sounds like my first time in a go go in Bangkok, walked in as a 32 year old but felt like a 10 year old in a candy shop, I am sure we were all like that the first time we hit the bar scene.  Just see the Thai's/Chinese seeing snow for the first time as a little bit like being in a candy shop, just fun.  Thing is you get used to it, maybe no selfies in the go go bar though!.

1 minute ago, Buckfast said:

Matthew are you really trying to give people advice? Your wife is about to be deported from the UK and you want to try to help others?

How can you brag you've done it all yourself when it's been a failure?

I don't call nearly 10 years and a family visit visa a failure.do you.??.even if turned down we can appeal which takes years.i wont be beaten and have failed only once.

2 minutes ago, matthewh said:

I don't call nearly 10 years and a family visit visa a failure.do you.??.even if turned down we can appeal which takes years.i wont be beaten and have failed only once.

You do realize that most after 10 years already have a British passport? You also failed to bring her family over.

You're too stupid to help her pass a test with 10 chances. Exactly the type of people that shouldn't be allowed to bring spouses to the UK. 

3 minutes ago, Buckfast said:

You do realize that most after 10 years already have a British passport? You also failed to bring her family over.

You're too stupid to help her pass a test with 10 chances. Exactly the type of people that shouldn't be allowed to bring spouses to the UK. 

I cant sit the test for her,which I hasten to add she doesn't have to do now.meaw has been here on a multi entry family visit visa.yes I was declined once.so what.some people will never meet the criteria to put an application in"not meaning you"

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, matthewh said:

I cant sit the test for her,which I hasten to add she doesn't have to do now.meaw has been here on a multi entry family visit visa.yes I was declined once.so what.some people will never meet the criteria to put an application in"not meaning you"

Yep, that is true. Lots of people fail the Living in UK test. Some of the questions are ridiculous and dreamed up by a bunch of civil servants. About 70% of them are irrelevant to daily life in the UK and assume that everyone is that the stage where they can read and write English.    What many couples  end up doing is getting hold of ALL of the possible questions and learn the answers , parrot fashion.   They should scrap the LIUK test.  My wife did a short City & Guilds course which covered  some basic written and spoken exercises and the certificate was in place of the LIUK test.   I know some pretty smart Thais in London who failed the test multiple times. It is  not essential to know what date the Battle of Hastings was to live in the UK. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, thai spice said:

Who dreams of America....Living in the middle of a herd of buffalos ?

Now now Spicey.....can you please tell me what country has more legal immigrants than any other country, ie, meaning more people seek to move there than any other country in the world. I will give you a hint, take the second and third most countries add them together and it is still less than #1.

Can you tell me which country has the most visitors of any country in the world, ie meaning more people want to go visit this country more than any other country in the world.

America is not for everybody, but FACT is more people who were not born in American want to move to America to start a new life, or visit America on a holiday than any other country on the face of the earth.

Truth hurts! I know. France was an empire centuries ago. Exception of being a haven for terrorist, it is irrelevant outside its borders in 2017 and will become less relevant with each and every passing year, pretty much like it has for the past 300 plus....I mean even your wine industry.....fricking even Italy kicks the crap out of France now, never mind America and Australia. And take away the American lineage from your vineyards you wouldn't even have French wine. 

Just sayin............ok, back to fake news! 

Just.for fun I tried this LIUK test (training simulation) on line.

Many questions are  completely non relevant, I am sure many Brits would fail it..Of  course I failed, but it looks like it has been designed with that purpose.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thai spice said:

Many questions are  completely non relevant, I am sure many Brits would fail it..Of  course I failed, but it looks like it has been designed with that purpose.

If a person wants to live in a country they should learn a bit about the culture  and History ... Only a moron would not want some knowledge of the country  they live in ,,,

25 minutes ago, thai spice said:

It does indeed.  I dont disagree with having some form of test, but the questions should be more relevant to today and actually Living in the UK.   many of the historical questions have NO relevance to the UK today unless studying history.   IMO there are dozens of questions which are irrelevant.   What IS relevant, is about living and working in the UK.  Our transport system, our system of democracy, our system of government, our system of law, our culture  etc etc etc. 

Let us just imagine for a minute, one of us having to do a Living in Thailand test, all in written Thai, including questions about Thai history going back a number of centuries.  I wonder how many would pass ? 

Edited by Uncle Remus

The UK has a duty of care to ensure the people  coming are genuine ,  there are unscrupulous  men who marry girls  from overseas then send them grafting  shall we say , so the  ponce lives of her earnings which is illegal in UK.

Clearly Matty's  marriage is genuine the number or years and other documents whois they are partners,  the test is clearly designed to capture the ponces and women who are abused by these scum...

3 hours ago, Uncle Remus said:

It does indeed.  I dont disagree with having some form of test, but the questions should be more relevant to today and actually Living in the UK.   many of the historical questions have NO relevance to the UK today unless studying history.   IMO there are dozens of questions which are irrelevant.   What IS relevant, is about living and working in the UK.  Our transport system, our system of democracy, our system of government, our system of law, our culture  etc etc etc. 

Let us just imagine for a minute, one of us having to do a Living in Thailand test, all in written Thai, including questions about Thai history going back a number of centuries.  I wonder how many would pass ? 

Failing 10 times then Matty coming on here wanting to give out advice is irresponsible to say the least.

As far as a living in Thailand test it's almost impossible for a foreigner to get Thai citizenship or PR they don't give it out to every filth and scum like the UK does.Not a good example. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Buckfast said:

Failing 10 times then Matty coming on here wanting to give out advice is irresponsible to say the least.

As far as a living in Thailand test it's almost impossible for a foreigner to get Thai citizenship or PR they don't give it out to every filth and scum like the UK does.Not a good example. 

really.????.my wife took the test not me,thats doesn't stop my knowledge of the system as I have gone down avanues many haven't heard of.so my knowledge has in actual fact increased.thanks for your input.

• Thumbs up 1

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this