Latest News
  • The Latest News
  • The lottery
  • Good news for all the lottery syndicate players - - - Yet again this week and last week... scooping winnings two weeks in a row now.... Good news for all the lottery syndicate players - - - Yet again this week and last week... scooping winnings two weeks in a row now.... Good news for all the lottery syndicate players - - - Yet again this week and last week... scooping winnings two weeks in a row now.... Good news for all the lottery syndicate players - - - Yet again this week and last week... scooping winnings two weeks in a row now....

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Evil Penevil

Christmas Dinner Options 2017

Posted Today, 03:42 AM

diinersmall.jpg.99b8a324c6ff6094a26b1e590a824ba5.jpg....santa-dinner.jpg.0d4c24cff1ab18ee9b6c60e13c8bf5df.jpg

There's no lack of Christmas dinner options in Pattaya. At least 100 restaurants offer some sort of festive holiday meal.  The difficulty is finding one that's both good and offers decent value for money.

My choice has already been made. 

Hardrock2.JPG

I had the Christmas carvery buffet at the Hard Rock Cafe last year and it was excellent.  It had everything you could want in a Christmas buffet and then some.  A few pics:

HR3.jpg

HR.jpg

HR4.jpg

HR5.thumb.jpg.99e1456b2864eb888322da62cf41d84c.jpg

HR9.thumb.jpg.12254c0e71db17f1dfd76364ecba19ba.jpg

HR2.jpg

HR6.thumb.jpg.48b681845db8c0ac551e268746d5d756.jpg

HR7.thumb.jpg.1920ecd3931f947d82aca8c79a94de0b.jpg

HR8.thumb.jpg.1e6ee3d07a2728a59cdca7c550c64fe2.jpg

But it is a bit confusing this year.  Apparently Hard Rock has two Christmas options, the  Santa Rock buffet ...

Hard-rock4a.jpg

and a BBQ buffet that's more expensive.

Hard-Rock3a.jpg

Both buffets are held at the same time on Dec. 24th and Dec. 25th in the Starz Diner, so I imagine the BBQ buffet includes more dishes to appeal to non-Western diners. I can do without BBQ skewers, sushi and tiger prawns on Christmas Eve; I just want turkey, stuffing and other fixings, plus Christmas desserts. The Santa Rock buffet is fine for me. I sent HR an email asking for a clarification.

Otherwise, the restaurants popular among farang are offering Christmas meals.  I read frozen turkeys now cost 600 baht per kilo in Thailand, so it's understandable the meals are quite expensive. If past history is any guide, you need to book a table ASAP.

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

Untitled-3.jpg

More to come.

Santa Penevil

dancing-santa-claus.gif

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, matthewh said:

I call 899 a bargain,and a band too.

Yes, it's a very reasonable price considering some fixed plate meals in cramped quarters cost more.  It was a very Christmassy atmosphere at the Hard Rock.    

HR10.thumb.jpg.f9e0b8e0b81e9984fa219e79a0a866ae.jpg

At the upper end of the Christmas meal scale you have Bruno's ...

bruno1.gif

bruno2.gif

and at the top, there's the Hilton.

Hilton4.JPG

Hilton5.JPG

Hilton6.JPG

Hilton7.JPG

Hilton8.JPG

The Marque Bar has a Christmas party, but I haven't seen anything about a Christmas meal.

Untitled-4.jpg

Santa Penevil

dancing-santa-claus.gif

23a.jpg.a4e624ae004e5a81a40e4c91d0ef90c1.jpg

Edited by Evil Penevil, Today, 04:07 AM.

hard rock looks the outstanding value and by far the better venue.

• Like 1

Have to agree with Alex, the 899 baht deal at Hard Rock looks outstanding together with the added entertainment etc.  The pub meals at Sportsman, Jameson's just doesn't cut it for me and are too highly priced.  The problem for me in costing is that most of us will be out with our other halves and the price does not reflect what they will eat or even want.  OK maybe if just guys alone but with a partner the cost is just not good value.

I remember about 9 years ago I went to Shenanigans for Christmas lunch, 2nd sitting. It was 1500 baht a person and too be honest was just not worth it.  My wife probably ate about 200 bahts worth of food as she was a light eater but to be there it was one cost, no menu for her to choose from.  Alright we did get either a glass of port or a glass of wine included but for 3000 baht it wasn't a good deal. The available food also was not what I expected, poor selection and as for the pudding it was a smidgen of Christmas pud that sat at the bottom of a champagne glass. I never returned even though invited with friends on other years.

On another note are the turkeys Thai (or imported) or has the boycott on decent American birds been lifted.

Edited by The Tongue

when ive been in Thailand some Christmas dinners are so stupidly priced.ive had Christmas dinner on boxing day,i would happily pay 899 but nothing over 1000 baht.im not a tight person but im a prudent one.

15 minutes ago, matthewh said:

when ive been in Thailand some Christmas dinners are so stupidly priced.ive had Christmas dinner on boxing day,i would happily pay 899 but nothing over 1000 baht.im not a tight person but im a prudent one.

Mostly an attempt to rinse a farang. I got an email about a Christmas dinner from a hotel in Hua Hin 15K for 2 people.

I cannot recall ever having a decent Christmas dinner in Thailand. and certainly nothing that compares to UK.   But then, Christmas Day feels like any other day to me in Pattaya and because of the heat etc, I am not bothered if I am out there at Xmas and don't have a traditional dinner .  Nothing feels like Xmas apart from some of the girls wearing red Santa hats 

Ebenezer Remus 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Buckfast said:

Mostly an attempt to rinse a farang. I got an email about a Christmas dinner from a hotel in Hua Hin 15K for 2 people.

that's a hell of a lot of money mate.as I say sometimes ive just eaten an indian,which is a present to my self as I love it.christmas warm ups are half the price on boxing day.

Hard Rock looks a deal only been once New Year’s Eve way back , decent place the price of drinks 🍷 keeps the filth and scum away 😎

Regards 

Christmas Cheer 🤣🤣😱

Hard Rock would be a nice experience, as opposed to sticking your nose in a large trough of cheap food, in some bar/café type place.

No doubt many in Pattaya just see the event as a booze/pig out session.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs up 1

Just now, john42 said:

Hard Rock would be a nice experience, as opposed to sticking your nose in a large trough of cheap food, in some bar/café type place.

ive been to buffet Christmas dinners never again for me .thebest buffet ive had was the dusit thani Saturday buffet.everything there imaginable,freeflow booze "a beer of your choice"500 baht all night.

5 minutes ago, john42 said:

Not forgetting getting drunk and getting a burger from those mobile stalls,  just one more go go maybe 5555

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Parky said:

Not forgetting getting drunk and getting a burger from those mobile stalls,  just one more go go maybe 5555

Or doing the Soi Honey strut and trying to learn how to say 'finger in the butthole' in Thai.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Buckfast said:

Or doing the Soi Honey strut and trying to learn how to say 'finger in the butthole' in Thai.

or toad in the ole.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

We are having lamb at Barry House resort up Isaan. I'm supplying dessert which will be a medley of Christmas pudding, Cumberland Rum Nicky and mince pies served with Rum butter and ice cream. Plus Christmas cake, cheese and port. 

Some enterprising villager nearby has reared some Turkeys hoping to cash in with the falang and unfortunately no one is interested. So anyone who desires some fresh, and I mean fresh they are still walking around, Turkey for 160 baht per kg get in touch. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Buckfast said:

Retard!!

best xmas dinner ive had in pattaya was in the rockhouse catered by alex and phil[lanza lad] great food with great enjoyable company

only 500 baht but easily worth double that

4 hours ago, sexy man said:

best xmas dinner ive had in pattaya was in the rockhouse catered by alex and phil[lanza lad] great food with great enjoyable company

only 500 baht but easily worth double that

Yes, indeed, that was an excellent dinner and I know a lot of hard work went into it.

20 hours ago, mulphy said:

hard rock looks the outstanding value and by far the better venue.

I can't see anything better this year at that sweet spot between price and value for money. Dicey Reilly's may come in second for Christmas Day dinner:

Untitled-7.thumb.jpg.41ceebf940a05d883da863797ee36a17.jpg

Two more options:

Untitled-8.jpg

Santa Penevil

Santa Penevil

dancing-santa-claus.gif

23a.jpg.18bc08e2ff561a1bb62cbfa8bc986b87.jpg

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.