Jump to content
Latest News
  • *** Don't forget about this months friday 28th, drinks with vpi78 @ The Rock House on friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months friday 28th, drinks with vpi78 @ The Rock House on friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months friday 28th, drinks with vpi78 @ The Rock House on friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months friday 28th, drinks with vpi78 @ The Rock House on friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months friday 28th, drinks with vpi78 @ The Rock House on friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months friday 28th, drinks with vpi78 @ The Rock House on friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...!

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

The Tongue

Bringing medicines to Thailand

Recommended Posts

The FCO have issued a travel advice regarding medicines coming into Thailand.

Possibly highlighted by the case of the British woman jailed in Egypt for carrying Tramadol into the country it is worth noting that a lot of medicines on prescription in UK may be banned in Thailand. Having a prescription with you is most helpful but checking what is prohibited is worth checking out from the advisory.

https://www.gov.UK/foreign-travel-advice/thailand

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I checked that my prescription medicine has my name on the box and properly labelled and kept the back half of the prescription.  As far as I know, even the co-codimol is acceptable. seeing as you can buy it over the counter in Thailand.  Did the lady not have a large quantity of Tramadol which were not assigned to her ? I cant remember 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, The Tongue said:

The FCO have issued a travel advice regarding medicines coming into Thailand.

Possibly highlighted by the case of the British woman jailed in Egypt for carrying Tramadol into the country it is worth noting that a lot of medicines on prescription in UK may be banned in Thailand. Having a prescription with you is most helpful but checking what is prohibited is worth checking out from the advisory.

https://www.gov.UK/foreign-travel-advice/thailand

Did she throw them down in front of a policeman 👮‍♂️ 😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My issue would be more taking them out, if bringing home a few sleeper type tablets for return flight etc. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Uncle Remus said:

I checked that my prescription medicine has my name on the box and properly labelled and kept the back half of the prescription.  As far as I know, even the co-codimol is acceptable. seeing as you can buy it over the counter in Thailand.  Did the lady not have a large quantity of Tramadol which were not assigned to her ? I cant remember 

I am shocked you can buy co-codimol as I tried everywhere to get hold of some when I had my sciatica in June and July.  I was told only hospitals could prescribe it yet my local hospital would not give it to me despite me asking (and showing my empty prescription box from my GP).  I could buy Ultracet in Watsons which has 37.5mg of Tramadol per tablet but taking Tylenol worked better for me.

The lady arrested did indeed have about 137 tablets which were for her boyfriend; how she came by that many and probably also without a prescription was her downfall.  I believe having a prescription should see you OK but if it is banned it is better to check with the authorities.  I doubt they would be too happy with foreigners bringing in marijuana even if they got it on prescription for medicinal purposes.

  • Thumbs up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Buckfast said:

Junkie scum.

  • One was banged up in Phuket , 2 nights shitting himself... he told me :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Tongue said:

I am shocked you can buy co-codimol as I tried everywhere to get hold of some when I had my sciatica in June and July.  I was told only hospitals could prescribe it yet my local hospital would not give it to me despite me asking (and showing my empty prescription box from my GP).  I could buy Ultracet in Watsons which has 37.5mg of Tramadol per tablet but taking Tylenol worked better for me.

The lady arrested did indeed have about 137 tablets which were for her boyfriend; how she came by that many and probably also without a prescription was her downfall.  I believe having a prescription should see you OK but if it is banned it is better to check with the authorities.  I doubt they would be too happy with foreigners bringing in marijuana even if they got it on prescription for medicinal purposes.

As long as they don’t sling Marijuana down in front of policemen 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i go through a lot of ibuprofen but buy it in bulk in pattaya, never had a problem 

only once have i brought prescription medication with me and had no problem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bigstuy said:

i go through a lot of ibuprofen but buy it in bulk in pattaya, never had a problem 

only once have i brought prescription medication with me and had no problem

Stuff like ibuprofen is cheaper in the US than Thailand. I also don't think many medicines are stored properly in Thailand with regards to climate control. I don't buy many medicines but like Fascino.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Parky said:

As long as they don’t sling Marijuana down in front of policemen 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Do you have any problems getting your Meds for OCD here ? Are they as good as the ones prescribed to you by  the Maudsley Hospital in UK ?

 

Here is some useful advice here 

https://healthpsychologyconsultancy.wordpress.com/2013/08/21/the-argumentative-personality/

Edited by Uncle Remus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, thinkingallowed said:

Almost went over my head that one.

Wasn't clear I  was at a pizza buffet stuffing my fat ass.

Hope you are doing ok boss

 

Edited by Buckfast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Buckfast said:

Wasn't clear I  was at a pizza buffet stuffing my fat ass.

Hope you are doing ok boss

 

I'm fine bud. Just toying with the idea of going for a beer.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Uncle Remus said:

Do you have any problems getting your Meds for OCD here ? Are they as good as the ones prescribed to you by  the Maudsley Hospital in UK ?

 

Here is some useful advice here 

https://healthpsychologyconsultancy.wordpress.com/2013/08/21/the-argumentative-personality/

Unlike you I don’t need any meds ... You need prescription and junk off the the street 🤣🤣🤣

Don’t get arrested again 🤣🤣🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, bigstuy said:

i go through a lot of ibuprofen but buy it in bulk in pattaya, never had a problem 

only once have i brought prescription medication with me and had no problem

brufen 600mg is 60 baht for a sleeve of ten

400mg in a bottle  [50 tablets] is 90 baht at fascino.   86 baht with member discount  [tyhofen] is the brand

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the womn with tramodo

12 hours ago, The Tongue said:

I am shocked you can buy co-codimol as I tried everywhere to get hold of some when I had my sciatica in June and July.  I was told only hospitals could prescribe it yet my local hospital would not give it to me despite me asking (and showing my empty prescription box from my GP).  I could buy Ultracet in Watsons which has 37.5mg of Tramadol per tablet but taking Tylenol worked better for me.

The lady arrested did indeed have about 137 tablets which were for her boyfriend; how she came by that many and probably also without a prescription was her downfall.  I believe having a prescription should see you OK but if it is banned it is better to check with the authorities.  I doubt they would be too happy with foreigners bringing in marijuana even if they got it on prescription for medicinal purposes.

she had 290 tramadol hidden inside panadol packs so she knew they were illegal there

  • Thumbs up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sexy man said:

the womn with tramodo

she had 290 tramadol hidden inside panadol packs so she knew they were illegal there

Deserves to be where she is then.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ive been following this,the quantity was so high for her boyfriends back pain,obviously there is a market for them and he talked her into it.she should had known it was dodgy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Naive and silly, but I think she genuinely thought she would be helping her boyfriend's pain. 

Whether that would have been the case, if he even had any back pain, is another issue. 

Think it's very harsh on her. But she's the not the first, not will she be the last ...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the pills were hidden then she was not naïve and she did know it was dodgy. Unfortunately being gullible and stupid is no defence in law. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, thinkingallowed said:

If the pills were hidden then she was not naïve and she did know it was dodgy. Unfortunately being gullible and stupid is no defence in law. 

 

Naive and silly to the risk, what she was doing. 

She wouldn't have received the pills in the original boxs, that would have had a sticker on them with someone else's name. So she had to put them in something, who's to say they were hidden just because she put them in another box the same size?

Anyway, no one on here will know for sure, and I still think it's harsh. But as you say, being gullible and stupid is no defense in Law. It might explain her actions, but unfortunately for her, doesn't excuse them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Irish boy said:

Naive and silly to the risk, what she was doing. 

She wouldn't have received the pills in the original boxs, that would have had a sticker on them with someone else's name. So she had to put them in something, who's to say they were hidden just because she put them in another box the same size?

Anyway, no one on here will know for sure, and I still think it's harsh. But as you say, being gullible and stupid is no defense in Law. It might explain her actions, but unfortunately for her, doesn't excuse them. 

I've just got little sympathy for these idiots. Then you get right wing newspapers blaming the nasty foreigners and their evil laws. 

Like the idiot who thought taking six months supply of temazepam through the middle East was a good idea. Papers up in arm that temazepam are not even illegal in the country. No but carrying six months worth obviously is. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aye, you respect the Laws of wherever you are, then generally you have no problems. It's naive and silly to do otherwise, and therein lies the problem for some. If her story makes more people aware, then all the better. I just pity her, I don't see her as a drug dealer in any sense of deserving of the sentence and conditions she now finds herself in. 

f**k getting involved with drugs in Thailand either. A guy I knew from recovery NA meetings in London was doing well for himself, got qualified as a counselor, landed a job at a flash rehab in Thailand. Anyway, had been living in Thailand for about 10 years, doing PT work as well, living mostly on Samui. Relapsed a few months ago, ended up in Pattaya, now in remand in Pattaya Jail for selling ice, probably end up getting life. Scary as f**k. Genuinely good guy, helped lots of people voluntarily, but his addiction took over again, and in a very short space of time his life is f**ked. Trying to get it organised to go see him next month.  

Shouldn't tempt fate and say this, but that is never, ever going to happen to me. 

  • Thumbs up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Irish boy said:

Aye, you respect the Laws of wherever you are, then generally you have no problems. It's naive and silly to do otherwise, and therein lies the problem for some. If her story makes more people aware, then all the better. I just pity her, I don't see her as a drug dealer in any sense of deserving of the sentence and conditions she now finds herself in. 

f**k getting involved with drugs in Thailand either. A guy I knew from recovery NA meetings in London was doing well for himself, got qualified as a counselor, landed a job at a flash rehab in Thailand. Anyway, had been living in Thailand for about 10 years, doing PT work as well, living mostly on Samui. Relapsed a few months ago, ended up in Pattaya, now in remand in Pattaya Jail for selling ice, probably end up getting life. Scary as f**k. Genuinely good guy, helped lots of people voluntarily, but his addiction took over again, and in a very short space of time his life is f**ked. Trying to get it organised to go see him next month.  

Shouldn't tempt fate and say this, but that is never, ever going to happen to me. 

That must be a hard one for you to get your head around, ten years then bang it's all undone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×