Latest News
  • *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 31st of August... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 31st of August... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 31st of August... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 31st of August... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 31st of August... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 31st of August... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 31st of August... it would be great to see you if your in town...!

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
scotty

Marriage vs Retirement extension

Looking for a bit of advice gents.

My marriage extension/visa will expire soon, I am also going to be 50 in a few months. 

Anyone had experience of both types of extensions, I believe the retirement is less paperwork hassle than the marriage type , just need a few more shekels in the bank ?

I will still be working outside Thailand on rotational work, not sure if this affects the ‘retirement ‘ status ?

Cheers. 

25 minutes ago, scotty said:

My marriage extension/visa will expire soon, I am also going to be 50 in a few months. 

Anyone had experience of both types of extensions, I believe the retirement is less paperwork hassle than the marriage type , just need a few more shekels in the bank ?

I will still be working outside Thailand on rotational work, not sure if this affects the ‘retirement ‘ status ?

Cheers. 

I have heard that from a mate who had the retirement visa, immigration visited his house asked neighbors if he lived there ..

The extension on retirement I have found very easy as long as you meet the criteria, the guy who told me is a sound guy not a liar ...

The retirement with a multi entry you can go as you please...

50 minutes ago, scotty said:

Cheers. 

Guy I work with has been rotating in and out of Kuwait/Thailand on a retirement visa for the last four years, never had any issues.

1 hour ago, Parky said:

I have heard that from a mate who had the retirement visa, immigration visited his house asked neighbors if he lived there ..

The extension on retirement I have found very easy as long as you meet the criteria, the guy who told me is a sound guy not a liar ...

The retirement with a multi entry you can go as you please...

Marriage visa they visit your house for sure, didn’t think so for retirement visa ?

1 hour ago, Murchie said:

Guy I work with has been rotating in and out of Kuwait/Thailand on a retirement visa for the last four years, never had any issues.

Cheers Murchie 👍