Latest News
  • *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...!

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
firth1974

Istanbul.......... Part 2

That building where the sign says 'slippery when wet' looks like the inside scene location of a recent movie i have seen with Tom Hanks called 'Inferno'.  It also likes a location for a recent James Bond film but can't remember which one.

Looks a fantastic place to visit.

• Like 1

Great place to visit, east meets west. Efes beer washes down great bbq lamb(including the balls)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, The Tongue said:

That building where the sign says 'slippery when wet' looks like the inside scene location of a recent movie i have seen with Tom Hanks called 'Inferno'.  It also likes a location for a recent James Bond film but can't remember which one.

Its the Bascilica Cistern.

Correct on both counts. It was used in those movies and others.

19 minutes ago, The Tongue said:

"From Russia with love", but hardly a recent film, as it was released in 1963!!!!

15 minutes ago, firth1974 said:

"From Russia with love", but hardly a recent film, as it was released in 1963!!!!

Always thought From Russia With Love was filmed on location in Turkey but I thought Daniel Craig had also been in a James Bond movie with location there. I could be wrong, I might be confused.

2 minutes ago, The Tongue said:

Always thought From Russia With Love was filmed on location in Turkey but I thought Daniel Craig had also been in a James Bond movie with location there. I could be wrong, I might be confused.

"The World is not enough" and " Skyfall" both feature scenes from Istanbul, bit one of their scenes were filed in the Cistern.

Greatest of pics. Fascinating place with great history.

Some of the guns used to defend the city in Atturks time were made in Newcastle.

Top dogs in Europe during Ottoman times.

• Like 1

Great pics, always somewhere where I have wanted to go, as I think I was destined for a harem of concubines. 

Then see Midnight Express, and scared the life outta me. 

Funny enough, my missus loves Turkish food. And I'm not talking about the odd doner. Where we live in NE London, huge Turkish community, split for choice with decent Turkish restaurants. 

• Like 1

Really great shots and skill capturing the vibe. Instanbul without question seems to be one of those places that blow people's expectations away when they visit for the first time! 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, STARGAZER said:

Really great shots and skill capturing the vibe. Instanbul without question seems to be one of those places that blow people's expectations away when they visit for the first time! 

They certainly do blow them away. I wasn't completely sure what to expect when i got there, but needless to say i had a great time. Wish i had stayed a few more days longer. But hoping to get back out there again this year.