Latest News
  • Forum Donations:-
  • 15-12-2017- G

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
firth1974

Istanbul................. Part 3

I have been to Istanbul now ........impressive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Tongue said:

I have been to Istanbul now ........impressive.

Thanks Dave, it is a great city to visit, if even only for a weekend trip.

34 minutes ago, firth1974 said:

Thanks Dave, it is a great city to visit, if even only for a weekend trip.

Yes looks like one of those cities where maybe a weekend isn't enough. I remember going to Prague for 3 nights and walked 28 miles in that time, so much to explore yet still more to do.

I miss Europe (and Eurasia) to visit.

56 minutes ago, The Tongue said:

I miss Europe (and Eurasia) to visit.

Same.  Surprised myself the last thinking the  2 weeks "what about sending all this Asian drama to hell and just head home ?"  

But than a txt from.my son telling me he is just back to base after 4 days crawling in freezing rain and snow made me thinking that after all live here at the pool is bearable...

20180208_090401-768x1024.thumb.jpg.13707564f3895dcca99674fbf274782f.jpg

• Thumbs up 1

But don't forget you wouldn't be crawling in freezing rain and snow, unless you were as pissed as a frog. You'd be in your heated home, or driving your heated car, and in heated bars and restaurants, looking out at the snow, and not sweating your bollocks off. 

17 minutes ago, cbk said:

But don't forget you wouldn't be crawling in freezing rain and snow, unless you were as pissed as a frog. You'd be in your heated home, or driving your heated car, and in heated bars and restaurants, looking out at the snow, and not sweating your bollocks off. 

Have worked in both  conditions..probably could still do it, but no need for it anymore.

The difference between you and me is that when I'll be bored here, I'll move on to somewhere else, as I always have done.  But hey, I am not a scientist as you, just a construction worker...

13 minutes ago, thai spice said:

Have worked in both  conditions..probably could still do it, but no need for it anymore.

The difference between you and me is that when I'll be bored here, I'll move on to somewhere else, as I always have done.  But hey, I am not a scientist as you, just a construction worker...

I'm a bit bewildered by that comment and can see no relevance to any of my background or academic skills. What makes you think I won't move on somewhere? Just because I've made this part of Australia my home, my financial base, my area of stability, does not mean I won't move on. That was indeed the main reason for my diversionary trips in the Philippines, particularly to Baguio, which unfortunately was not quite cold enough for me. Fortunately I have a myriad of options, even within Australia, or New Zealand.

So 2 minutes of writing and I still wonder WTF the science vs construction thing is all about. I don't suppose you'd care to explain?