Latest News
  • *** Don't forget about this months friday 28th, drinks with vpi78 @ The Rock House on friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months friday 28th, drinks with vpi78 @ The Rock House on friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months friday 28th, drinks with vpi78 @ The Rock House on friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months friday 28th, drinks with vpi78 @ The Rock House on friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months friday 28th, drinks with vpi78 @ The Rock House on friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months friday 28th, drinks with vpi78 @ The Rock House on friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...!

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
The Tongue

Boracay To Close For 6 Months From 26 April 2018

Anybody who is booked to go to Boracay or wishes to go to this (once) beautiful island needs to read the link below.

Appears the President is going to carry out his threat which the hoteliers etc didn't take seriously.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/philippines-boracay-closed-april-duterte-10105386

about time , its turned in to a shithole .

hopefully they will spend the 6 months pulling down all the shacks , building new roads , with drainage this time and cleaning up the beach/

while they are at it they could always try to make the internet half decent too .

9 minutes ago, mulphy said:

about time , its turned in to a shithole .

hopefully they will spend the 6 months pulling down all the shacks , building new roads , with drainage this time and cleaning up the beach/

while they are at it they could always try to make the internet half decent too .

Looking like they are copying Thailand and Maya Bay (Phi phi)   

4 minutes ago, Cat Crumpet said:

Looking like they are copying Thailand and Maya Bay (Phi phi)   

yes indeed .

9 minutes ago, mulphy said:

yes indeed .

I saw Maya at the same time the movie was released around 2000 and was beautiful (but not as pretty as the movie)   Now i hear it became a shit hole damaging the reefs and serious pollution from the many tour boats . Add in a few bin flobbing chinese and you end up with a blot on the landscape .

I'm happy they've shut it down 

I went there last October for a week. Its a nice place, but not only do they want to improve the infrastructure but they want to control the the number of visitors. With direct flights coming in from Taiwan that seems unlikely.

the private beach on one side of boracay is pristine and beautiful , i think its called kuta beach . 

thats where i go .

the commercial beach at stations 1, 2 and 3 is just a shithole .

17391814_390923184625367_1037866194_n (1).jpg

17360956_390923054625380_1896842915_n.jpg

9 hours ago, mulphy said:

the private beach on one side of boracay is pristine and beautiful , i think its called kuta beach . 

thats where i go .

the commercial beach at stations 1, 2 and 3 is just a shithole .

17391814_390923184625367_1037866194_n (1).jpg

17360956_390923054625380_1896842915_n.jpg

Not many people.

14 minutes ago, john42 said:

-+9Not many people.

Certain areas don't host many people especially the northern tip where Alex was staying, the main tourist beach (White Beach) however, that runs a few kilometers north of station 1 down to south of station 3 are teeming at most hours. There are so many flights landing at Kalibo from China this has caused a massive increase in tourist arrivals.  That together with Boracay being a favorite destination of weekend Philippinos has exacerbated the problem, the local tourist establishments also have not done their bit to stop the dumping of waste on the island and at sea.

The environment charges that are imposed on the many tourists obviously haven't been used for the appropriate projects so the President has decided to initiate the shutdown.  As much as it is always busy in Boracay it will in fact be low season from 01 May so it is a good time to effect the changes needed. 

• Like 1

Good to see a degree of responsibility being taken. Places do degrade quite quickly if left to their own devices.

Guess some businesses not happy to vacate the area though.

38 minutes ago, The Tongue said:

Certain areas don't host many people especially the northern tip where Alex was staying, the main tourist beach (White Beach) however, that runs a few kilometers north of station 1 down to south of station 3 are teeming at most hours. There are so many flights landing at Kalibo from China this has caused a massive increase in tourist arrivals.  That together with Boracay being a favorite destination of weekend Philippinos has exacerbated the problem, the local tourist establishments also have not done their bit to stop the dumping of waste on the island and at sea.

The environment charges that are imposed on the many tourists obviously haven't been used for the appropriate projects so the President has decided to initiate the shutdown.  As much as it is always busy in Boracay it will in fact be low season from 01 May so it is a good time to effect the changes needed. 

It’s a shame how some humans are as , SG said one bag at a time I see fartslags throw down fag buts, they don’t degrade ...

If people showed respect for where they are and took their garbage home ...Man made filth and scum...

5 hours ago, john42 said:

Not many people.

its a private beach in the pics .

that stretch belongs to the hotel i stay in and no one else is allowed to use it .

3 minutes ago, mulphy said:

its a private beach in the pics .

that stretch belongs to the hotel i stay in and no one else is allowed to use it .

Big private beach. Immaculate.

48 minutes ago, john42 said:

Big private beach. Immaculate.

i imagine the main white sands beach once looked like this .

however its a absolute shit hole now given the amount of people who use it .

they would do well to demolish about 80 % of the properties that run the length of the main beach as other than a few upmarket hotels the rest are just shacks and eye sores .