Latest News
  • *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on Friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on Friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on Friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on Friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on Friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on Friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...!

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
lanzalad

Premium Economy class

Well i would always use Qatar when i was flying to Thailand for my holidays which would have been around 3 to 4 times per year.

I would clock up the points and miles and use them for business class seats.

i was at that point a gold member which was the highest reward you could get with Qatar then all that changed when i moved over to Thailand.

So after my move the points and miles stopped rolling in and i give up on booking flights with Qatar.

I'm now at the point of only wanting to book a flight in Premium Economy class as i cant afford the business class seats and economy class is too much for a anything over 4 to 5 hours... 

I think they should install more Premium Economy class and even the likes of Qatar and Emirates i think would Premium Economy class..

- - -

Now airline companies are talking about taking out the hold or a big part of it and installing sleeping class.

We use Eva Air Premium Economy. Take a look at that - works fir us as 9.30pm flight from LHR 

I have flown Eva and BA on the premium economy  plus , with BA low life class you  can pay £61 and get the exit row so stretch out , IMHO yhays better then their premium economy...

51 minutes ago, ajsp9 said:

We use Eva Air Premium Economy. Take a look at that - works fir us as 9.30pm flight from LHR 

Had an upgrade on EVA to PE once, didn't see much difference if you have an exit seat in economy to be fair.

Certainly wouldn't be paying near double for it. 

But that's just me, gonna do the DNA thing see if I have any Jewish blood in me :)

1 minute ago, Irish boy said:

Had an upgrade on EVA to PE once, didn't see much difference if you have an exit seat in economy to be fair.

Certainly wouldn't be paying near double for it. 

But that's just me, gonna do the DNA thing see if I have any Jewish blood in me :)

Really ? There is a big difference in seat size, pitch, room and a fat coont so it’s noticeable. I paid £850 in March 

3 minutes ago, ajsp9 said:

Really ? There is a big difference in seat size, pitch, room and a fat coont so it’s noticeable. I paid £850 in March 

Yea, you've met me, maybe it's cause i'm not a 'fat coont' to use your terminology, I never noticed much of a difference, at least not enough for me to pay double. If I could properly ly down or something, yea. 

Prices for PE on EVA are about double, maybe a little less. 

Each to their own mate, do you do PE with a child, kids?

1 minute ago, Irish boy said:

Yea, you've met me, maybe it's cause i'm not a 'fat coont' to use your terminology, I never noticed much of a difference, at least not enough for me to pay double. If I could properly ly down or something, yea. 

Prices for PE on EVA are about double, maybe a little less. 

Each to their own mate, do you do PE with a child, kids?

Yep, we do the 4 of us but only 3 in this summer as daughter wants to stay in the UK. 

3 minutes ago, ajsp9 said:

Yep, we do the 4 of us but only 3 in this summer as daughter wants to stay in the UK. 

What age is the youngest using PE, much of a difference for them?

2 minutes ago, Irish boy said:

What age is the youngest using PE, much of a difference for them?

No difference - the boy is 7 gets charged Adult fare. 

1 minute ago, ajsp9 said:

No difference - the boy is 7 gets charged Adult fare. 

Cheers.

I just ordered a plane pal child's inflatable bed thingy last night actually, so she can stretch out and sleep, and we can sit down lol.

Though she's less than 2 years, will grow out of it. 

I used to use Eva's premium economy a lot...more leg room, a slightly wider seat, but for me the biggest advantage was having a double arm rest between me and the next seat, so wasn't always fighting my neighbour for it.

I'm surprised more airline don't include it.

I really used to enjoy EVA's Evergreen Deluxe class on the old 747 combis out of Schiphol. Generally it was just €200 more than economy and well worth it. 

17 minutes ago, thinkingallowed said:

I really used to enjoy EVA's Evergreen Deluxe class on the old 747 combis out of Schiphol. Generally it was just €200 more than economy and well worth it. 

My first few trips were out of LHR on a similar 747. Sat right in the pointy bit. Great seats, loads of space, and only minimally less than economy

EVA run the 777 -300ER now. It’s nice I like it.will never be as quiet as the Dreamliner but for me/us it’s a good option and one I’ll continue to use. The food is average, at best mind you, but my reason for choosing it is for comfort on an 11/12 hour flight.

2 hours ago, ajsp9 said:

EVA run the 777 -300ER now. It’s nice I like it.will never be as quiet as the Dreamliner but for me/us it’s a good option and one I’ll continue to use. The food is average, at best mind you, but my reason for choosing it is for comfort on an 11/12 hour flight.

11.5 hours?  Pure Luxury boss last flight I had on EVA was 17 hours in their premium economy. Good product for the money and they were the first airline to offer premium economy in the 90s.

Sent the young fella back to thailand for songkran which we paid for ( he needs to go back to check on his harem back in the village, good lookin youn guy with his pocket full of money) bugger me he gets to fly on the a380 from sydney and free upgrade to business ( he rings me to gloat and confirm that emirates is way better than quantas)

only flown eva air once but i though their economy seats were the biggest ive had on any plane .

13 hours ago, nickrock said:

Sent the young fella back to thailand for songkran which we paid for ( he needs to go back to check on his harem back in the village, good lookin youn guy with his pocket full of money) bugger me he gets to fly on the a380 from sydney and free upgrade to business ( he rings me to gloat and confirm that emirates is way better than quantas)

I'd get this often... .i did have a strategy that seam to work for me.

i would alway book well in advance for my economy flights maybe 6 months to get the seat i wanted...

Then i would watch the flight and see how it fills up and if its an economy sell out then out come the upgrades and they over sell on economy.

At this point i'd get an email from them asking if i'd like to upgrade my flight at a discounted rate of which i'd never take them up on this offer.

on the day of the flight i'd check if seats are still available in economy if so then there's no chance of a free upgrade so then i'd consider paying the extra at a discounted rate at the airport.

Now if its a sell out i'd be there early clean shaven and looking smart with my gold members card at the check in. 9 times out of 10 on a eco sell out i'd get the free upgrade.

They will never give anyone a free upgrade who doesn't look the part also gold members go to the top of the list...

This would always go:-

Me with a smile  "good morning here's my passport and gold card" which they always handed back to me, they already know i'm gold as it comes up on there PC every time..

Then they would say to me "I see you have selected your seat and would it be ok if we move you..?" i'd smile and say yes

Then they would tell me i've been upgraded to business.. worked every time...

The down side - you get use to it..

225753_10150241793151672_4931534_n.jpg

581095_10150821881696672_287732480_n.jpg

227129_10150241792196672_5196252_n.jpg

230980_10150241792056672_6946390_n.jpg

222196_10150241792466672_499210_n.jpg

4 hours ago, lanzalad said:

. . . . . also gold members go to the top of the list...

I got similar treatment a few times, but unfortunately they changed the rules about a year and a half ago and those paying more for their ticket went to the front of the upgrade queue rather than those with Skywards Status.  They reversed it slightly since then so Platinum members are now first, irrespective of fare/ticket type, but Golds with cheaper tickets are now behind everyone with the more expensive tickets.

33 minutes ago, kwa said:

I got similar treatment a few times, but unfortunately they changed the rules about a year and a half ago and those paying more for their ticket went to the front of the upgrade queue rather than those with Skywards Status.  They reversed it slightly since then so Platinum members are now first, irrespective of fare/ticket type, but Golds with cheaper tickets are now behind everyone with the more expensive tickets.

Good system. Keeps the filth and scum behind the curtain :)