Latest News
  • *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 31st of August... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 31st of August... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 31st of August... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 31st of August... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 31st of August... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 31st of August... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 31st of August... it would be great to see you if your in town...!

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Evil Penevil

Buakao Bistro on Soi Bukhao

1.jpg

Buakao Bistro has been open about six weeks.  It's located on the stretch of Soi Bukhao between Soi Diana and LK Metro and across the street from Oasis A Go Go and Soi Chaiyapoon. 

As its sign proclaims, Buakao Bistro offers international and Thai cuisine.  There's everything on the menu from pad thai and Chinese steamed dumplings through hamburgers. pizza and pasta to steaks, onion soup and a French open-faced sandwich. Prices are mid-range, with plenty of main dishes under 200 and 300 baht. The owner/manager is a very friendly French man who enjoys talking with his customers.  He told he had been in the restaurant business in Pattaya for 11 years and was previously associated with The Kitchen on Beach Road.

2a.jpg

The veranda is a good spot for people watching.  I prefer to sit in the covered section of the restaurant, but I still had a clear view of the street.  What struck me most is the number of near traffic accidents I saw.  That crazy intersection of Soi Diana, Soi Lenkee and Soi Diana leads to some hair-raising left and right turns.

3b.jpg

3c.jpg

3.jpg

The restaurant has a selection of bottled Belgian beer. I like lambic fruit beers and was pleased to see St Louis Premium Framboise (raspberry) on the menu. Fruit lambics go very well with spicy foods, so I ordered the penne arabiata at 160 baht. It was indeed spicy, but very good.

9.jpg

One nice touch is the free pate and bread that comes with some of Buakao Bistro main dishes.  The pate is homemade and tasty.

8.jpg

IMG_0203.jpg

I next tried the parma ham tartine, an open-faced French sandwich. It wasn't cheap at 220 baht, but then neither is parma ham in Thailand. Again, very good but not particularly filling.

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

I've also had the fish burger and fries at 210 baht ...

11.jpg

12.jpg

and the smoked salmon wrap at 180 baht. 

IMG_0205.jpg

IMG_0209.jpg

No complaints about either. The fish fillet in the burger had been nicely breaded and season, while the taste of the smoked salmon wasn't overwhelmed by the other ingredients.

Bottom line:  Good food at a good location.

10.jpg

Evil
  • Thumbs up 2

Nice one .. the 200+ will scare a few wealthy holiday makers off 😫🤣🤣

199 is the ceiling 😉😎

14 minutes ago, Irish boy said:

No coleslaw?

its soi buakhao , not boys town .

• Haha 1

Great review.

Food looks good.

Nice review. I eat there once, food was agreeable, just felt the venue was a little noisey at that junction. Not very relaxing.

Looks nice .  If presentation is good, usually it taste.good as well !

(And vice versa.....)

8 hours ago, thai spice said:

Looks nice .  If presentation is good, usually it taste.good as well !

(And vice versa.....)

Tripe. You come out with some real nonsense Spice!

2 hours ago, Midnight Moon said:

Tripe. You come out with some real nonsense Spice!

Tripe ou intestines look like shiite and taste like shiite...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs up 1