Jump to content
Latest News
  • FREE HOLIDAYS to Midnight and CBK --- Any more for any more..? *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 27th of July... it would be great to see you if your in town...!

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
rising phoenix

Do you like a good curry?

Recommended Posts

I tried an Indian curry a couple of months ago, it tasted quite good but did have the ability to stop me drinking as I was so full, I actually was hurting yet the portions were not massive.  I haven't always had good results after eating a curry so I tend to stick to Thai curry's, my particular favourite is yellow curry or Masaman.

I ate a lot of Indian food (mostly vegetarian) when I was married to my ex wife, British of Indian heritage.  Her mother did cook me Tandoori chicken among the lovely paneer curry and dahls etc, I seemed to cope with her mother's cooking so much better than foods served in Thailand so maybe I will stick to those dishes.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the lovely wife has gone to get 2 vindaloos for half time.rude not to.

  • Thumbs up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, matthewh said:

the lovely wife has gone to get 2 vindaloos for half time.rude not to.

Is she on the tins as well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Midnight Moon said:

Is she on the tins as well?

no no no.ok ive read the pm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chicken Madras and most others are British inventions. You can't make a restaurant-type one without using the base sauce. I have in the past posted many, many recipes. As is so rightly stated, it is the Bangladeshis who own most of the curry houses.

I have tasted and made many traditional 'Indian' curries, and they are OK, but not great, but that depends on your taste buds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cbk said:

Chicken Madras and most others are British inventions. You can't make a restaurant-type one without using the base sauce. I have in the past posted many, many recipes. As is so rightly stated, it is the Bangladeshis who own most of the curry houses.

I have tasted and made many traditional 'Indian' curries, and they are OK, but not great, but that depends on your taste buds. 

It is possible to make a Madras or any other restaurant curry without the base sauce it's just lots quicker with.

Re Indian restaurants not being Indian, I was once invite out to eat in Bradford by an Indian lad and I'm all excited as I think he'll have inside knowledge on the best place to go. When we got there I asked how and why he chose the venue. His reply was easy it's the only bloody Indian restaurant in Bradford all the rest were bloody Pakis.

  • Thumbs up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bawbag said:

Bit of a nupmty thread, who would like a bad curry!

Anyway chiken tika masala was invented in Glasgow.

 

2 hours ago, cbk said:

Chicken Madras and most others are British inventions. You can't make a restaurant-type one without using the base sauce. I have in the past posted many, many recipes. As is so rightly stated, it is the Bangladeshis who own most of the curry houses.

I have tasted and made many traditional 'Indian' curries, and they are OK, but not great, but that depends on your taste buds. 

No need to tell us twice!

  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, thinkingallowed said:

It is possible to make a Madras or any other restaurant curry without the base sauce it's just lots quicker with.

Re Indian restaurants not being Indian, I was once invite out to eat in Bradford by an Indian lad and I'm all excited as I think he'll have inside knowledge on the best place to go. When we got there I asked how and why he chose the venue. His reply was easy it's the only bloody Indian restaurant in Bradford all the rest were bloody Pakis.

Apparently most of the chefs in the Indian restaurants are actually Bangladeshi.

  • Thumbs up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the restaurants are moaning that they can't get any proper chefs over from Bangladesh because of immigration restrictions 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Nadia said:

the restaurants are moaning that they can't get any proper chefs over from Bangladesh because of immigration restrictions 

I seen that. I'd like to see us train young people first 

  • Thumbs up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

I seen that. I'd like to see us train young people first 

All day long ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Decided to have a go today as the menu on here

I start with pan cooking 4 chicken breasts cubed to size add pepper and salt.

Same with the onions and peppers (yellow red and green) pan fry them until soft but no sweet corn.

Now for the large cooking pot, place the cooked chicken and unions, peppers and add two tins of chopped tomatoes.

Part boil a pint of water not too hot, no hot curry powder so i used korma curry in a jar and three table spoons of mild curry powder which has worked out great..

let it simmer away for a good few hours. then on the last hour add a full tin of chopped pineapples with the juice.

Then simmer with the lid of until it thickens up.

No jacket potato just chips and rice..

The curry is lovely with the pineapple... 

 

AF82899D-6243-48F0-BE35-FE18E81FC07E.jpeg

1319FE91-7F07-4105-8565-329B4D8CE9B2.jpeg

CFCBDAA6-E956-43E3-88EE-C2612B7F35CE.jpeg

92FA7D56-E54A-41B0-8281-F2CDE08110F0.jpeg

7F5DC8CC-BB9D-4E68-AC33-8A55919F5AF5.jpeg

2DD684C1-0647-4DA6-9F44-86142FA99A09.jpeg

  • Like 1
  • Thumbs up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, lanzalad said:

Decided to have a go today as the menu on here

I start with pan cooking 4 chicken breasts cubed to size add pepper and salt.

Same with the onions and peppers (yellow red and green) pan fry them until soft but no sweet corn.

Now for the large cooking pot, place the cooked chicken and unions, peppers and add two tins of chopped tomatoes.

Part boil a pint of water not too hot, no hot curry powder so i used korma curry in a jar and three table spoons of mild curry powder which has worked out great..

let it simmer away for a good few hours. then on the last hour add a full tin of chopped pineapples with the juice.

Then simmer with the lid of until it thickens up.

No jacket potato just chips and rice..

The curry is lovely with the pineapple... 

 

AF82899D-6243-48F0-BE35-FE18E81FC07E.jpeg

1319FE91-7F07-4105-8565-329B4D8CE9B2.jpeg

CFCBDAA6-E956-43E3-88EE-C2612B7F35CE.jpeg

92FA7D56-E54A-41B0-8281-F2CDE08110F0.jpeg

7F5DC8CC-BB9D-4E68-AC33-8A55919F5AF5.jpeg

2DD684C1-0647-4DA6-9F44-86142FA99A09.jpeg

Yes, that's all well and good, but I reported 57 posts today so far, and you haven't replied to any of them :mad:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Irish boy said:

Yes, that's all well and good, but I reported 57 posts today so far, and you haven't replied to any of them :mad:

Yes and you will not see me doing anything about anything to do with modding 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×