Latest News
  • The Latest News
  • The lottery
  • Good news for all the lottery syndicate players - - - Yet again the luckydip tickets wins....

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

mulphy

Pattaya Restaurants - Reviews

you werent last there about 8 months ago by any chance .

19 hours ago, mulphy said:

you werent last there about 8 months ago by any chance .

Took me a moment to understand that comment!

3 hours ago, The Tongue said:

Took me a moment to understand that comment!

Aye, took a moment or two for the penny to drop here too.

Wasn't me.

Anyway, today GF and I went to El Greco. This little Greek place run by a Greek couple has received raving reviews on boards and the PBC, so finally I gave it a try.

We were the first customers when we arrived around 6:30pm, but 10 more people came shortly afterwards.

Good thing is that many dishes are available as small portions, so you can try several without getting overweight.

The menu is large, they have Greek food, a couple of Thai dishes, pizzas and pastas.

After a free sample of Tzatziki, olives and bread our first dish arrived: pork meatballs, small portion 120 Bt.

Nice crisp on the outside, soft on the inside. Came with a portion of tzatziki and fries.

27315561gf.jpg

Next was Falafel with chickenpeas. Never heard of this before but there is no chicken in this dish. It came with joghurt and some brown stuff, which was a bit like hummus, a bit bitter and dry on the tongue. Didn't like this "dressing", the falafel was ok. 130 Bt.

27315562in.jpg

GF had the chicken legs with lemon/mustard. Nice, small portion at 110 Bt.

27315564vj.jpg

Then came the starter: pepperoni with feta cheese. Could have been more cheese on it. Have seen pics from others with much more cheese.

27315565ik.jpg

Bill came to 630 incl. 2 Leo @60 Bt, a coke and a soda.

27315850sj.jpg

Service became a bit slow at the end, a few hickups but nothing to get mad.

Great to have some Greek food, I found the prices very low.

Unfortunately non of the dishes made me say "Wow, I will have this again." Will try some more next time.

Food is available with door2door as well. 

Nice: the kid of one of the guest got some pens and coloring books while waiting for the food.

Check out their website: http://www.elgreco-pattaya.com/

Location: driving down Southpattaya Road from Sukhumvit, turn right into Soi 16 (Bongkot?). After a few hundred meters you reach Soi 5, the restaurant is on the right hand side.

Edited by CampariO
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, CampariO said:

Wasn't me.

Anyway, today GF and I went to El Greco. This little Greek place run by a Greek couple has received raving reviews on boards and the PBC, so finally I gave it a try.

We were the first customers when we arrived around 6:30pm, but 10 more people came shortly afterwards.

Good thing is that many dishes are available as small portions, so you can try several without getting overweight.

The menu is large, they have Greek food, a couple of Thai dishes, pizzas and pastas.

After a free sample of Tzatziki, olives and bread our first dish arrived: pork meatballs, small portion 120 Bt.

Nice crisp on the outside, soft on the inside. Came with a portion of tzatziki and fries.

27315561gf.jpg

Next was Falafel with chickenpeas. Never heard of this before but there is no chicken in this dish. It came with joghurt and some brown stuff, which was a bit like hummus, a bit bitter and dry on the tongue. Didn't like this "dressing", the falafel was ok. 130 Bt.

27315562in.jpg

GF had the chicken legs with lemon/mustard. Nice, small portion at 110 Bt.

27315564vj.jpg

Then came the starter: pepperoni with goat cheese. Could have been more cheese on it. Have seen pics from others with much more cheese.

27315565ik.jpg

Bill came to 630 incl. 2 Leo @60 Bt, a coke and a soda.

27315850sj.jpg

Service became a bit slow at the end, a few hickups but nothing to get mad.

Great to have some Greek food, I found the prices very low.

Unfortunately non of the dishes made me say "Wow, I will have this again." Will try some more next time.

Food is available with door2door as well. 

Nice: the kid of one of the guest got some pens and coloring books while waiting for the food.

Check out their website: http://www.elgreco-pattaya.com/

Location: driving down Southpattaya Road from Sukhumvit, turn right into Soi 16 (Bongkot?). After a few hundred meters you reach Soi 5, the restaurant is on the right hand side.

Eaten there a few times , small operation good food , if 20 turn up looking for service levels from Hilton fuggit about it,,, good food time it right it's good as gold .. nice people run the place 

Campario, for your info the Falafel and Chickenpeas must have been written wrongly, it should be falafel and chick peas (garbanzo beans), no chicken as you said but you knew this already right?

Chickenpeas, hmm, yes, chickpeas is correct, don't remember what was written on the menu as I was browsing it quickly. GF was hungry and didn't give me much time. :rolleyes:

In German they are called Kichererbse, kirchern means to giggle and erbse is pea, so it could be translated to gigglepeas, or giggling peas? :laugh:

10 hours ago, Buckfast said:

I thought they were the balls off your Capon ?

I kept the balls off the capon on the mantlepiece.. 

Chicken peas are also known as basement basher testicles. Got to be that small !

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Tongue said:

I kept the balls off the capon on the mantlepiece.. 

Chicken peas are also known as basement basher testicles. Got to be that small !

5555 classic...

4 hours ago, Buckfast said:

Chicken balls are also known as Issan Oysters 

I will stick with the basement basher testicles...... lol

6 minutes ago, The Tongue said:

I will stick with the basement basher testicles...... lol

555 poor old blue balls will get the hump :laugh: only hump he has had in years :laugh:

Food was not spectacular, but I would rather go there to enjoy the location and have some food.

27388172uy.jpg

27388174je.jpg

27388175ha.jpg

27388176ut.jpg

Goong tschai nam plaa (raw shrimps in fish sauce) Tom Yum Gung, some veggies in oyster sauce and New Zealand mussels.

840 Baht incl. 2 rice, 400 Baht for 2 pitcher Singha, 62 Baht service charge, total 1302 Baht.

Unfortunately the crab was out, suggested the waitress to get a boat and catch some, but she said she wasn't a fisherman(-woman).

Service nice, you are greeted at the entrance with something like "Welcome to the View Mare" in Thai and English.

For more info and location: https://www.facebook.com/viewmare/

Edited by CampariO

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.